DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

<Brian Ledford>
posted
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Madness:
Brian, their are site Administrators and Global Moderators and their job is supposed to keep the message board clean and they have powers to delete topics, ban people etc. So i'm sure one of the site Admins here deleted it probably for a certain reason [QUOTE]

Well if anyone's site would have been deleted for those reasons it would have been ours lately.. it got downright nasty the last month or so. So I highly doubt anyone manually deleted it.

Steve, great story! I have a cousin whose daughter has a disease called Angelman's Syndrome.. and the Make A Wish people took her on a trip to Disneyland.. it was awesome!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Yes from what we heard, most kids ask to go to Disney.
They asked him about Disney but he really didn't want to go there????
He's quite a guitar player also (he loves southern rock), and wanted to go to Memphis last year, on vacation, but we didn't get to make it, so we really weren’t really surprised to hear his request. We toured the Gipson Guitar factory also, were they make the Les Paul models.
Our Hotel was one block from the famous Beale Street, and it was Elvis week last week also. Smile

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
That is such an awesome story, Steve. I couldn't be happier if I had been there myself... well, maybe some of that Memphis bbq would make me happier. Big Grin The pictures on the Comp+ album are phenomenal. I know how much I love seeing my nieces and nephews smile and laugh, so I can only imagine what it feels like to be dad and see your own kids smile. Thank you, Steve, for sharing, and I hope that Mark continues to get better.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck.

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Looking at the results after 1 round over at the Worlds in Norwalk. Nice to see the local guys deep in the qualifying, and really turning up the wick. I hope some hardware comes home to Pittbsurgh.

Bump is 7.05 after 1 round!

9. Dave Trapletti '63 Corvette 6.809 200.32
17. Ray Schuler '01 Firebird 6.854 202.91
30. Jim Shuman '94 Lumina 6.925 199.70
36. Tom Hemphill '68 Barracuda 6.953 196.87
43. Bill Huwe '01 Firebird 6.991 198.88

Not qualified, nice mph.
71. Bob Schmidt '98 Camaro 7.476 190.54

Does Stock have a bump at a National Event? There are 99 cars.

88. Britt Mizia B/SA 11.55 11.481 -0.069

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
I don't believe stock has a bump, could be wrong.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck, Bob ran a 7.15 in the second session, but he didn't make the cut. The car had some bad tire shake on the pass and the micro-switch for the nitrous closed. They only used 1 pound of nitrous on that run rather than ~4 pounds. But that's encouraging for a run just on the motor.
There are 48 Pro Mods on the grounds and over 1000 sportsman cars.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andamo,

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
That's one tough field to make, wow.

I hope the weather holds for you guys tomorrow. Knock 'em dead, see you in a couple of weeks.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
We sure did appreciate the effort to get the race in last night. I bet that was frustrating for the people in the tower.

Bill, do you think the track be running on Wednesday night, considering the electrical problems?

The good news is we have finally got Thomas’s car fixed after a frustrating month, the bad is we just lost the points lead this week Eek. We need a good test night to “regroup and gather our bearings”.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Yea, thanks Nick. Loser

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bill Turk>
posted
Tony,

Only you Tony, would take a shot on poor Nick. He did a great job with all the problems. He should get an Ironman trophy!!

I did recall the driver of the mustang, PR106 Ron Pettigrew!! I remember in the semi's nick saying that he was going to jump out the window if Ron had to do another rerun. At one point Ron was on a rerun when the system glitched again, talk about bad luck.
Thanks Ron for all your understanding......

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think that the night was handled well. With all the problems. The grumbling was at a minimum. I can't wait until we get the timing system fixed though. I know you guys (minus Tony) will get it going.

Also we need to start talking about the racees coming up....The KOS $1K and the Box No-Box race. We need to get some people pre-entering on the Box No-Box race. Tell your friends from the other tracks and they can tell their friends. I am afraid that we may not see any more races like these if we dont help out with the advertising.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<68charger>
posted
I will put it up on moparts it was on there awhile ago but i will post it again, and over on godragracing also cant wait for GGG weekend that was cool last year.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Here is the link for the flyer. pre-entries can be mailed in or phoned in or purchased at the track. Check, Cash and Credit Card. Lets get some pre-entries in.

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/PDFS/2006_nobox.pdf

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

<68charger>
posted
was hoping to race this weekend but its not lookin good Frown will they be open sunday if sat rains out since its the last point race?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all, greetings from Holden Beach NC. Feels good to be here, though I even had to work from here the last couple mornings.

Big congratulations go to Amy Romeo for winning Street Saturday night. I wish I would have been there to see it, especially with Brother Barry in the other lane. Sounds like it was a great race.

Rich, I got your message, how is Trap?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to let anybody know, they are paving Rt. 66 in the Washington Twp. area and MIGHT be paving on Saturday. Expect long delays or find another way to Rt. 22.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Trap is fine. The car is a little bangedup. Front end is gone, broken motor plate, and the the driveline needs to come out for a checkup. He will probably be done for the remainder of the year. He did a good job of not running into Bill Huwe, considering his w**** car filled with smoke, and he couldn't see his own hands.

All are safe, that's the most important part!

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<68charger>
posted
what happen i didnt hear?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dave trapletti had a 5.00 part fail, and the result was a kiss to the wall. The little adapter that bolts into the block and holds the filter on cracked, which caused a major leak. The diaper caught most of it, but some sprayed/leaked onto the headers, filling the motor compartment full of smoke. He was unable to see his own hands. While the smoke was clearing, he saw the chutes from Bill Huwe's car, and steered into the other direction so as not to hit Bill. He hit the wall at maybe 40-50 mph. He had the chutes out and was off the throttle at 1000', and still ran a 6.78. This was second round Monday at Norwalk in T/S.

Nobody was injured, but the car has maybe about 10K damage. Too soon to tell...

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post