DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes it is a good track just that stretch of road sucks and Norwalk doesn't take that much longer for me to get to so thinking of trying there again plus you don't have points every weekend so you can do other things during the summer and not miss points days.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
You guys think that 22 is bad now. You should have seen that stretch 30 years ago. Hell, 20 years ago. Absolutely horrible. It's like a drive in the park now compared to what it used to be.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tony remembers it when Indian attacks were frequent.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
You guys think that 22 is bad now. You should have seen that stretch 30 years ago. Hell, 20 years ago. Absolutely horrible. It's like a drive in the park now compared to what it used to be.

Even 10 years ago it still sucked right? I don't think it is bad at all now, and am kind of surprised that people still have issue with that stretch of road. Its 4-lane from the turnpike to the track, there are a few lights but its no worse than a lot of tracks I've been to.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I think the stretch of road from Murrysville to the track is much better than it was even 5 or 8 years ago. The tow there isn't bad, but my issue with the trip to PRP is the fact that I have to tow through Pittsburgh because 70 is too far south and the turnpike is too far north from my house. I picked the wrong location to live and tow there. Driving through Pittsburgh with a car in tow is a real nerve racking experience. Other than that...the tow is fine. I love the track and the folks that race there. Always feel welcome even as a non-regular. I plan to be there a few more times this year given that I am taking a year off from points like I do every two years to pursue other races and tracks without worrying about missing a pts weekend.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CulpK348:
I think the stretch of road from Murrysville to the track is much better than it was even 5 or 8 years ago. The tow there isn't bad, but my issue with the trip to PRP is the fact that I have to tow through Pittsburgh because 70 is too far south and the turnpike is too far north from my house. I picked the wrong location to live and tow there. Driving through Pittsburgh with a car in tow is a real nerve racking experience. Other than that...the tow is fine. I love the track and the folks that race there. Always feel welcome even as a non-regular. I plan to be there a few more times this year given that I am taking a year off from points like I do every two years to pursue other races and tracks without worrying about missing a pts weekend.

Cool, and you don't have to worry about anyone making fun of you on the internet. Well at least none of the PRP racers. We never make fun of anyone.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Tony, don't be so sure....I have a way of screwing up bad enough that most people can't help but make fun of me on the internet.

Hope all my friends at PRP have a wonderful set of holidays regardless of your beliefs. This is a time where we often reflect on the past year and prepare for the upcoming one. Here's to hoping last year was a good one and this upcoming year is better than last.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cool, and you don't have to worry about anyone making fun of you on the internet. Well at least none of the PRP racers. We never make fun of anyone.

Gee Tony, you're swell.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CulpK348:
Hope all my friends at PRP have a wonderful set of holidays regardless of your beliefs. This is a time where we often reflect on the past year and prepare for the upcoming one. Here's to hoping last year was a good one and this upcoming year is better than last.

Well said, Jim, backatcha to you and your family. Are you coming to the WFC this year?

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Chuck,

I plan to check out the rules and find out if the new car can meet them. If so, yes. I plan to run a lot of those types of races that I have not competed at in a couple of years. Multiple kids in college have a way of minimizing the racing budget...but they are starting to graduate now, therefore it is time to play the way I want to....hence the new car.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I can't say enough good things about the WFC, I hope you're able to make it down. Their rules are on the WFC website and flyer, and Jared and Steve are great about responding to questions. Same for Michael and Anthony for the Loose Rocker races.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
I don't mind rt 22 its the turnpike part of the tow I hate. I love prp's track.

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
quote:

Gee Tony, you're swell.

LOL

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
quote:

Even 10 years ago it still sucked right? I don't think it is bad at all now, and am kind of surprised that people still have issue with that stretch of road. Its 4-lane from the turnpike to the track, there are a few lights but its no worse than a lot of tracks I've been to.

It is the insane traffic from the turnpike thru Murrysville. Drives me nuts at times.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
60 degrees tomorrow and the Duster is still in the trailer. Where the heck can i go racing???????????

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Galanda:
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
quote:

It is the insane traffic from the turnpike thru Murrysville. Drives me nuts at times.
from what I hear you were already nuts before you rode on that stretch of road.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Wow, Ed, Clint nailed you on that one! Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to all you PRP racers! Christmas 2

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

NUMBER ONE ANSWER ON THE BOARD!!!

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Try driving to Richmond in rush hour traffic

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post