DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Looking for some info or details on the T/S T/D race on the 10th. Questions like, 1/8th or 1/4 or 1000ft? Payouts. Entry Fees, times. How many cars per class. Is there a min dial? How many qualifying sessions are planned? How will the cars be laddered? How is lane choice going to be determined? How strict will rules be enforced? Diapers? Certs? Crap like that. Thanks Chuck.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Here is what I've been able to get so far:

details on the T/S T/D race on the 10th.

Questions like, 1/8th or 1/4 or 1000ft? 1000'

How many cars per class. All run

Is there a min dial? TS=6.90, TD=6.70

IHRA Pro Am/Nitro Jam rules apply to all classes, including the Rod/.90 classes. As soon as I get more I'll post it.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Thanks buddy

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
hey guys... I heard (via my Sheetz cashier of all people... ha), there was a wreck at the track this past weekend... an 8 second car lost a transmission line going through the traps and it just got uglier at that point, with a bit of a fire too... i'm guessing the driver was ok? hope the car didn't get too messed up... any idea who it was?

we're hoping to finally make it to the track either this weekend or next weekend, have been trying to finish up my cage, but it's so hard to get motivated to work on it after i get back from work each day... last thing ya wanna do after working on cars all day long is to work on your car!

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
im pretty sure the car is a total loss.driver seemed to be ok,not sure who he was!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
argh... that's tough to hear, glad he's ok though, one can always rebuild... just feel bad whenever a car gets that messed up, takes so long to get a car to where it's at and then you gotta start from scratch again

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Details on the May 10 TS/TD/.90/275 Drag Radial race:

Something new for this season! Saturday, May 10, will feature Top Sportsman and Top Dragster, the index Rod/Super classes (8.90 Quick Rod/Super Comp, 9.90 Super Rod/Super Gas, 10.90 Hot Rod/Super Street), 275 Drag Radial, as well as a test and tune that is open to all cars/bikes. IHRA Pro Am rules are in effect. Gates open at 10am, with time trials starting at noon. There will be 2 time trial sessions for all classes (except test n tune), then into eliminations.

Top Sportsman and Top Dragster will be one class, with TS and TD kept separate until there is 1 left in either/both, then combined. It will be a 1000' race, minimum dial for Top Sportman of 6.90, and 6.70 for Top Dragster.

The index classes will all run the full 1/4 mile.

Entry fee is $85, $1000 to win, $400 runner up, $50 round money starting with a 2nd round win. The purse will increase for any class that has more than 30 cars, to $1500 to win!

275 Street Drag Radial:
1/4 mile, bracket style with dial ins (no delay boxes allowed). The 8 quickest cars from the 2 time trial sessions will be pulled out and run the 275 Outlaw Radial Shootout, which will be 1/8th mile, heads up racing.
Entry fee is $35. Street Drag Radial will pay $500 to win, $150 runner up, $15 round money starting with a 2nd round win. 275 Outlaw Radial shootout will pay the winner only, payout based on car count.

Test and tune, $25. Spectators $10, carload for $25.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sounds interesting and may be down for some 8.90 racing beings I always wanted to try it. Wouldn't have a clue on slowing my car down with quick shift but willing to try

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Very good first points day yesterday!

We (as in me and my boys) got a late start this year, and pretty unorganized so far, with a lot of things not going as planned. I had to rely on a lot of friends yesterday for help, thanks to all.
In my rush I'm sure I missed a lot but did notice one thing, I seen a lot of return track workers. Probably lead to the very smooth first day, people knew what they were doing - Great job everyone!

Congrats to Adam for winning Top, fine young man, and junior dragster graduate - getting er done.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It was a good first day! Definitely the right call to go 1/8th... that crosswind was a bear. The program moved nicely. Congratulations Adam Duche! That was really cool. Congrats to my brother and teammate Mike Balaska for getting the W in Modified. Results from all classes are on the PRP website, Race Results page.

DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all the winners and espically Mike B MOD winner nice job buddy

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Good job Mike. Getting a jump on diaper funds huh Tongue

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Lol Ed! Luckly at the hospital I work at I get diapers real cheap so they aren't an issue.

Rich we almost took both classes down. That would have been cool. Nice job with making it ti the final.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Details on the May 10 TS/TD/.90/275 Drag Radial race:

Something new for this season! Saturday, May 10, will feature Top Sportsman and Top Dragster, the index Rod/Super classes (8.90 Quick Rod/Super Comp, 9.90 Super Rod/Super Gas, 10.90 Hot Rod/Super Street), 275 Drag Radial, as well as a test and tune that is open to all cars/bikes. IHRA Pro Am rules are in effect. Gates open at 10am, with time trials starting at noon. There will be 2 time trial sessions for all classes (except test n tune), then into eliminations.

Top Sportsman and Top Dragster will be one class, with TS and TD kept separate until there is 1 left in either/both, then combined. It will be a 1000' race, minimum dial for Top Sportman of 6.90, and 6.70 for Top Dragster.

The index classes will all run the full 1/4 mile.

Entry fee is $85, $1000 to win, $400 runner up, $50 round money starting with a 2nd round win. The purse will increase for any class that has more than 30 cars, to $1500 to win!

275 Street Drag Radial:
1/4 mile, bracket style with dial ins (no delay boxes allowed). The 8 quickest cars from the 2 time trial sessions will be pulled out and run the 275 Outlaw Radial Shootout, which will be 1/8th mile, heads up racing.
Entry fee is $35. Street Drag Radial will pay $500 to win, $150 runner up, $15 round money starting with a 2nd round win. 275 Outlaw Radial shootout will pay the winner only, payout based on car count.

Test and tune, $25. Spectators $10, carload for $25.

I'll be there Chuck....Doug also if the weather looks good. I also posted it on Class Racer.. Wink

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Good deal, Eric! I'm hoping to have the car ready for the test n tune portion of the day.

Also, there will be a gamblers race this Saturday.

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Adding a gamblers race was a very smart move.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
^^agreed^^

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Planning on coming to prp for the top dragster program this weekend .weather not looking good. will you go sunday on a rainout or schedule for later in the season.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Will not be rescheduled for Sunday. There are a couple other times this year.. Aug 23, TS and TD class will run, and Sept 13, TS, TD, .90, 275 like is scheduled for this Saturday.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That would be to bad for us .We have our own quick 16 races every month at Quaker and the races conflick. Really hope the weather man is wrong this weekend.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post