DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
A39, did you have fun this weekend? I remember seeing you make a lot of rounds.

I agree with you, Dale, but Mark is correct, 2 times.

GGG flyer is on the link.

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/GGG.pdf

Yup, I did. That's one event I always look forward to. I've known Bill Truby for quite some time and I always attend the PID Reunion banquet in February. Great group of old school racers and the exhibition cars put on a good show. I'm hoping the 422 Allstars keep PRP on their schedule, I'd like to get another shot at that .400 tree.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
The dragster race is a nice addition but I believe it was sold out locally before the flier even hit the internet.

Nope, spots available for the dragster race. Contact Amber - amber@pittsburghracewaypark.com - to get in

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
TELL ME ABOUT IT!!WTF?
quote:
Originally posted by Dale Greenawald:
It is a shame that Quaker and Pittsburgh have their Halloween races the same weekend. I know other racers like me would like to race at both tracks. I know someone is going to say we had ours on the schedule first, but I really don't care about that. I think both tracks are shooting themselves in the foot on this one.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
I'm up for another Halloween race at PRP so we can have two. How about sometime in July. Ohhhhhh yaaaaaa.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Cadamore:
I'm up for another Halloween race at PRP so we can have two. How about sometime in July. Ohhhhhh yaaaaaa.

John, that's brilliant! But I expect nothing less from the provider of Ho Ho cake and that good ol' Mt Deeeew-eeeeeww.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
quote:
Originally posted by John Cadamore:

John, that's brilliant! But I expect nothing less from the provider of Ho Ho cake and that good ol' Mt Deeeew-eeeeeww.

If you build it they will come. Halloween is a very popular time of year and I think it would be a GREAT success. GREAT job on the mic again as always Chuck and I had every intention of bringing you a drink but the dog-gone car had other ideas.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I will say this after the turnout Quaker had at their race last year I don't think they are complaining about attendance for their pumpkin race.

Agree, how many more cars would fit in that place?

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Be careful Frank, not many people ever agree with me! Eyes Big Grin
Also don't forget I need some saturday time to hunt so don't be starting any more races in october. No No Rudolf

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Trub is good people. Great variety of cars on and off the track. The blue '41 Willys that GIS Automotive brings just drives me wild. C'mon, Mega Millions! Big Grin

Thanks John, just trying not to trip over my tongue too much. I was glad to see you going rounds on Saturday, thought it might be your day.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Friday, October 10, the VP Race Fuels Ghosts, Goblins, and Gearheads 3 day race kicks off with a 64 entry shootout for a 2015 American Race Cars Stage 1 dragster! Entry fee is $225 (must preenter), winner gets the dragster (details below), $1000 to the runner up, $500 to the semifinalists! Time trials will be at 11am that Friday, with eliminations following. Contact Amber - amber@pittsburghracewaypark.com or 724-668-7600 - to enter!

2015 Stage 1 American Race Cars dragster:
Wheel base 235”
4130 Chromoly Chassis
Chassis built to SFI 2.3 Specifications
Custom fiberglass seat
Custom seat pad
Fuel cell with custom filler neck
SPE spindles
Knee cover
Custom Adjustable pedals with stops
Fiberglass nose
1 ¼” x .095 4130 Swing arm
Polished aluminum steering wheel
Rack & Pinion Assembly
Complete Grade 8 hardware
AFCO Double Adjustable Monoshock
Lexan Windshield
All Aluminum body
Moser Fabricated M-9 Rear End housing
Custom dash with all cut outs
6061T6 Aluminum Motor Plates
CNC Drivers Protection Plate
Complete Steering with Rod Ends
Seat Belt Hooks
4130 Chromoly Swing Arm Rod Ends
Dual Battery Tray
Helmet tab
Cable Holes in Chassis
Multiple Battery Ground Tabs

MOUNTS SUPPLIED FOR THE FOLLOWING:

Master Cylinder
Fuel Pump
Brake Lines
Remote Water Pump
Charging Lugs
Parachute
Radiator
Seat Belts
Shifter
Weight Bars
Rear On/Off Switch
Driver Compartment On/Off Switch

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Details on GGG, includes the Iron Man trophies and Vegas run off info.

Thursday, October 9 – Test and tune (1/4 mile), open to all. Gates open at 5pm, racing from 6pm to 10pm. $25 to race, $10 for spectators. Pit vehicle reaction time race after racing ends, free entry.

Friday, October 10, presented by Victory Automotive Group, LLC (1/8th mile) – Gates open at 9am. 64 entry shootout for a 2015 American Race Cars dragster time trials at 11am, eliminations follow. Gruesome Ghouls race (No Box, Box, Bikes, Junior Dragsters) time trials (2) start at 3pm, eliminations follow.

Saturday, October 11, presented by ATI Performance Products (1/8th mile) – Gates open at 8am, Coffins of Cash time trials (2) start at 10am. Racing stops at 8pm for trick or treating, resumes at 9pm.

Sunday, October 12, presented by ATI Performance Products (1/8th mile) – Gates open at 8am, Coffins of Cash time trial (1) starts at 9am.

FREE points series for 3 day event, presented by 93.3 The Wolf! Top 8 points finishers in Box, No Box, Bike/Sled, and Junior Dragsters run off for an Iron Man trophy in each class!

Grand champion run off between Box, No Box, Bike Iron Man winners plus the racer with the best 1st round losing package of the weekend for a 5 day trip to Las Vegas!

Points: 1 point per round win, points end with a loss (racers will not be awarded points for reentry round wins and rounds won after winning reentry). If there is a tie for the top 8, best average reaction time will be the tiebreaker.

Junior dragster entry: 3 race weekend pass $85 (Single day: Friday $30, Sat/Sun $35. Reentry $20 per race). Friday pays $200 to win, $75 runner up, $25 semis. Saturday and Sunday each pay $300 to win, $100 runner up, $25 semis.
Bikes/Sleds: 3 race weekend pass $80 (Single day: Friday $25, Sat/Sun $35. Reentry $20 per race) . Friday pays $200 to win, $100 runner up. Saturday and Sunday each pay $300 to win, $100 runner up.
No Box: 3 race weekend pass $125 (Single day: Friday $45, Sat/Sun $65. Reentry $25 per race). Friday pays $1000 to win, $350 runner up, $100 semis, $15 round money starting with a 3rd round win. Saturday and Sunday each pay $2000 to win, $500 runner up, $150 semis, $25 round money starting with a third round win.
Box: 3 race weekend pass $125 (Single day: Friday $45, Sat/Sun $65. Reentry $25 per race). Friday pays $1000 to win, $350 runner up, $100 semis, $15 round money starting with a 3rd round win. Saturday and Sunday each pay $2000 to win, $500 runner up, $150 semis, $25 round money starting with a third round win.
Double classing allowed, box must be out of car to run no box. Double entries allowed, will be called first to the lanes.
Spectators: $15 Friday, $15 Saturday, $10 Sunday, or weekend pass for all 3 days $30. Kids 10 and under free!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
looks good. thanks Chuck

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
X 2 on what Tony said
........looks like a great event.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Roger Richards at Competition Plus is out at Maple Grove for this weekend's NHRA national event, caught this nice shot of George Yago:

George Yago

I know Kevin Panzino, Eddie Matsko, Wes Leopold, and Jim Boburka are in the albums from yesterday too. I'm sure Mia will be in today's albums once they are on the site. Good stuff, good luck to the locals.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChuckT,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I wish those jerkoffs would let T/S run everywhere

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Same here, Tony. Door cars FTW.

Mia qualified at #4 after 2 sessions, with a bracket car... 5.320 first session, 5.322 second session. She won first round in SG also.

Sheehan, Boburka, Yago, at least, all won 1st round.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update, Chuck. door cars, FTW. lol

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Rained out today, make up tomorrow

Saturday - RAINED OUT - WILL BE MADE UP SUNDAY
10-04-2014
Saturday, October 4 - RAINED OUT - WILL BE MADE UP SUNDAY.
With the rain overnight, and the cloud cover today, there will not be enough time to make the track safe. Saturday's test and tune has been moved to tomorrow, October 5. Test and tune, open to all. Gates open 11am, racing from noon to 5pm. $25 to race, $10 for spectators, $25 for a carload.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
how about showing the list for the dragster race!!and an update on entrys!!a few racers are concerned it wont happen,as it has prior times!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Last I heard it was about half filled. I'd say if someone wants in, get on the list now, that would help make it happen for sure.