DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think the best I got out of it was 18.9? It would be 19-teens usually. The last time it went down the track was in '03 I think, when I was having new combo blues in the Cutlass, and it was definitely still making the bump easily, 19.20-40. Did I leave any time slips in the glovebox? I'm considering it too, but the adjustment back to work this week has sucked. I wish Barry didn't sell my Dynasty... I would take it in a heartbeat!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Thats good, I love being the slowest car sometimes, its fun. Is it relatively consistent? I guess we might find out tonight.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Relatively, yes, when it was on a fairly new tune up, which it sounds like it is. It did not like being cold at all, almost stalled on me once off the line.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Brianna>
posted
Chuck, congrats on making it to the bracket finals!
Unfortunately I have to be the bearer of bad news Ray IS a Cowboys fan! Confused

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Mark Romeo was doing a pretty good job in the cavalier, how about Markie Brewer in a chevy maybe after all those years he has seen the light? LOL

I suck.... took about 2 car lenghts on the brakes. stinking new cars, they fool you into thinking ya can kind of trust your dail, then ya pick up .40??

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Brianna!
Well, at least Ray was in the right class (Street!), in the right make (Olds, baby! Big Grin) yesterday. And with a .019 light to boot, although Frank Tedesco schooled us all with a .003. He is serious about defending his Track Manager's title. That monsoon really sucked.

Congrats to Markie, very cool. Does this mean a sbc may end up in the Vibe, Steve? Big Grin

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Yeah too bad about the rain.

The cavalier may not be the ideal bracket mobile but I was doin alright on the tree at least for a little while. It always figures that I get up against one of the few people who know what is going on on those import nights, and then I'm late to boot. Oh well it was fun. ran high 19's Chuck I was pretty impressed. Only used 1 shift though felt like I was running a glide equipped car.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you guys had fun at the sport compact night...I wish that I would have had time to bring out the Grand Am!

Congrats Chuck for making the Bracket Finals! Congrats to everyone else too and let's get ready to rumble at Quaker City!!

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
today i wanted to throw a curve ball at ryan.
so after the rain out yesterday at prp after time runs, i decided to make the trip and take him to mason dixon dragway today so he can get a feel of racing different people at a different track and hopefully get him prepped for the bracket finals in 2 weeks.
ill tell you what, this boy held his own !!
it was an all run event and i think there was 39 cars total.
round robin style time runs, we picked up every pass a ton.
got 2 time runs in and then a qualifying run. he started with a .021 lightand a 13.00. next was a .068. then in the qualifiying pass, he had a .044 light.
these runs were like BANG BANG BANG.
i mean this boy never left his car from the first time run till his last round.
out of 39 cars, he made it to the final 5. i thnk he even had the best winning package and the best losing all in the same event.
one run was a .025 light with a 12.820 on a 12.82 dial for a win. and in the 4th round he had a .017 light anbd ran a 12.718 on a 12.72 dial and both of those passes were against 7.90 cars.
this was just one of many " proud dad" monents.
on the way home i asked him how he felt about how he did today.
the first thing he said was " bring on the big guns dad, im ready !!!!!"
just had to share this moment Big Grin

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Thats awesome, sounds like he is ready for Bracket finals for sure.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks Russ, hope everything is ok with you. Let me know if you need anything with either ride.

I was hoping you would get it into the winner's circle, Mark. That would have been cool! And high 19s for a 16 year old 4 cylinder with well over 150K ain't bad either. Big Grin

Jeff, I think I could use some lessons from Ryan! That is great, he did awesome.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tell Ryan he did an awesome job. He is one tough driver.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Great job Ryan! If you're handing out any driving tips...count me in Smile

Thanks Chuck, Allison's car is still screwed up but I think that she is running Tom Paton's car at the Brackets. A consistent 12.0 car with Trixie driving....the boys in Street might be in trouble!

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Jeffrey, and everyone, going to the bracket finals, good luck, have a good time...... make us all proud.
Steve

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks ,
as far a a driving clinic, lol
the best thing he can tell you is that perfect practice makes perfect. and if you see him after a run, he is at the porta tree cutting lights. i have it set up so it bracket races the computer, and the computer always has a .050 light and he does 10 wins after every pass, and also 50 wins every night.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey guys and girls, don't forget to make sure your IHRA license is up to date for Bracket Finals. If you need to renew, here's the contact at IHRA: Donna Harper at (419) 660-4219
for further membership & licensing information

And I'm looking forward to this weekend. We'll see if Mike Balaska can hold on to the King of Street title! http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/PDFS/2006_kingofst.pdf

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck,

Will they be at Quaker so that you can update your liscense there? I think they will be.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Oops, yes, sorry about that. What I meant to say is you can save $10 by doing it now, rather than waiting til next week at QC.

The track packet has the contingency list for Finals in it, and it's here as well:
http://www.ihra.com/contingency/2006/postings/teamfinals.htm

I have to go through my folder of stickers, but if anyone has Auto Meter (gauges, 2), Edelbrock (intake, 4), Holley (carb, 4), Milodon (oil pan, 2), Accel/Mr Gasket (spark plug wires, 2), Mr Gasket (gaskets, 2), Mickey Thompson (tires, 2), that they're willing to give up, I'd love to have them. Yaneverknow, I could end up in the final, and $200/$100 each is nice. I'll try to dig mine up, and post what I have if anyone needs my extras.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ray, you have a PM.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Where is everyone staying at the bracket Finals? Just wondering...

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ