DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
We're at the Days Inn on Route 7 off of the pike.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck I got the message. Mark have you guys did anything to the car yet? Where are you guys racing this weekend?

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Cool, Ray.

We're staying at PRP, both days. Would have been nice to have the weather cooperate for test n tune. Going to run with us Street scum, again Ray? Big Grin Taking a shot at KOS Sunday in the daily driver? Cool

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
I believe this week we are going to go to Quaker, unless something changes between now and then.

As far as the car goes haven't really touched it accept to just sit out in the garage and stare at it, lol. I played with some of the features in the box and the playback tach other than that haven't touched it. We are hoping to have it ready to take to the World of Wheels car show if things go alright and if we are invited to represent the track. That playback tach is sweet, I definately am placing that on the list of must haves for my car. The "practice tree" in the box is pretty sweet too.

Started reading through the directions on the Digital 7, that thing can do some sweet stuff thats for sure.

Oh and we are staying at the track this year, borrowed a super nice 30' Class A motorhome and we have a camper that goes in the bed of the pickup so we should have enough sleeping room, as well as showers and stuff.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mark Romeo>,

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
ryan and i are staying at the track.
same as we do when we go to beaver for the holliday weekend events. there are 2 jr families that come loaded for bear. labor day weekend, we all gathered and they deep fried a ham, chicken,, and potatoe wedges along with like 25 doz ears of corn.
then on sunday they roasted a 15lb round roast all day and had it ready for everyone that night. both families will be there lol, their sons finished 1/2 at beaver in points. so ryan will have someone to hang with .

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Think we can get Deuce and his team to test some at PRP? Big Grin

http://www.nhra.com/content/news.asp?articleid=15911

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i sent an email to QC and asked about electric and showers. just letting everyone know that they do have showers there, and electric is $10 a day .

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not too bad on the electric. It is noce to not have all the generators running.

I am going to bring the full size LED practice tree with me. It will bring some fun and competition to the evening hours at the track. We could have some practice tree races in between runs.

When is everyone getting their? Thursday morning? Wednesday night? I will be there bright and early Thursaday morning.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
AJ, you are The Man! That would be very cool. I'll have the PT Pro, but it the desktop size, and I don't know if we'll have electric.

I'm not sure when we're getting there, probably in the wee hours early Thursday morning. Thursday morning is a little bit crazy, since Street is first out, and we'll be unloading, warming up, getting registered, etc. Man, I am pumped up to go. I am pumped up for this weekend too, it will be nice to have 2 race days, provided the weatherman ain't lyin' again.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
we will be there aronud noon on thursday.
AJ, count ryan in on those practice tree races.
we will be bringing his along with his foot pedal.
ihave a feeling that team "PRP" is going to kick some butts this year

<Mark Romeo>
posted
We'll probably be out wednesday evening just to set up and get settled. Practice tree races sound awesome. Might be able to get a serious one going if there is any rain (praying that there won't be).

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i just have to say a BIG congrats to my son ryan for winning the jr track championship last night. way to go ryan Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ryan did a great job. He really learned quickly and has become quite a young driver. He is quite the little man as well. I know you are a very proud Dad and you have him on the right path.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Way to go Ryan, excellent job! I hope he has a lot of fun at Bracket Finals.

Tony, it wasn't quite controvery after you left. The dew and fog moved in, and we had a driver's meeting, to either run 1/8th mile or split the purse. Street and Trophy said let's race, Mod and Top were a bunch of um, nancy's. The majority wanted to split instead of wanting to race for it. I hate racing 1/8th mile too, but I'd rather earn it honest than a split if I have a choice.

Thank you to everyone, Frank, Larry, Keith, Doug, and all the track workers for trying like hell to get it in. And thanks for today, the King of Street race was an absolute blast. Congrats Markie Brewer for bringing it home, I missed my shot of knocking you out. AJ, I thought it was going to be yours, you're knocking the tree down every pass.

Way to go Kevin, to win Pro and Footbrake at Quaker last night.

Let's do some good at Bracket Finals!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
here is a dumb question, if it was dew on the sensor lens, would it help if you treated them with the rain x anti fog stuff?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
From what I understand, it wasn't the dew on the lens. The fog was actually tripping the beam.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
but why only in the left lane?
thats what confused me

<Bill Turk>
posted
Great Job Ryan on winning the spot to run in the race of champions for Jr's.

Wanted: A crew chief that can dial Mia's jr dragster correctly when the weather changes. I guess we have all made that mistake before. Ryan and dad did their job and deserve to represent us..

Jeffrey, the reason the fog was affecting the left lane was because of 2 reasons. One, the big hill side is there and it traps any low laying fog, moisture. It will actually bounce off the hill side and back on to the track. 2nd there is also more water on the left side of the track because of the drains near the finish line. So water and cool air creates Fog. So think of this, as a car goes down the track it will pull any fog on the left side valley onto the track and stop at the finish line area because that is where you leave off the gas and the rush of warm air stops or slows down plus the up hill grade.

When i was at Quaker on saturday testing, i was told they had to cut short their friday night program because of Fog also. At the 1000 foot the track was fogged out as a car was going down the track.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bill it is okay those things are tricky to dial anyway. Mia will hire you again.

The problem with the fog downtrack didnt bother me too much on Sat night. What bothered me is that no one wanted to race. We mention 1/8 mile and people just say no way. RACING IS RACING. Some people dont like that I guess.

Anyways had a good time at King of Street. Chuck I was tasting the win all day but in the end I wanted it just a little too much. It was actually .011 too much. DARN. At least I am driving well again and not sucking so much. Now I need to take this into QCR this week and clean up on those chumps we are running against.

GO TEAM PRP!!!!!!

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Fog happens, and any real racer knows it's not the track's fault. I don't see why those nancy's wouldn't race... their car clicks off the 1/8th mile timers on the way to the 1/4... not so hard to dial, ya know? But, I guess they're ok getting their pat on the head, and their little trophy check. Good job, little buddies! Roll Eyes

A belated congratulations to Vanessa Noon for making it to her first final, and to Mike Egan for winning it. I wish I knew the folks running in Trophy, but congrats to them too, for wanting to race for it.

It struck me this morning, I missed my shot at being in the semis. I laid a .006 on Markie, and that would have given me the bye instead of Mike. Shoot. Ah well, I was happy to get a bunch of runs in this weekend. I was getting nervous between the rain and vacation that I wouldn't catch up on seat time.

Barry will fire us all up... I think he has the speach from Braveheart memorized. If not, we'll stick him up there on the starting line, violating Man Laws at the opponents. Big Grin