DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Joe Jr.
posted Hide Post
Hope Everyone had a Great Holiday and Happy New Year! If anyone knows anyone looking to get into drag racing or looking to upgrade into back halved car, I am listing my Camaro for sale, please share my ad with them.

Racing Junk Link: http://www.racingjunk.com/Spor...t-Weight-4-Link.html

Thank You,
Joe Jr.

1978 Chevy Camaro, SBC Powered - 4X06 and PX 21

Posts: 27 | Location: Portage, Pa | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the sale, Joe. This is a good car, no doubt. Will the Nova see the track?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
Becarefull Joe, a lot of scammers on racing junk. Try to get cash.
I went to staples and bought a marker to check the money for counterfeit. It was under $10.
Small investment not to get beat.
It was good but you never know.
When the guy picked up my car he understood why I checked every bill.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Dale did you find a new ride yet?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes. I got it about a month ago.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
New build?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Joe Jr.
posted Hide Post
Chuck, yes I hope to race a little in street class and possibly the Nostalgia Races once a month. Depending on when I sell my car not sure if I will have the Nova out this year or not. It is a frame of restoration that I have been slowly working on the last 8-9 years. It is now painted and a rolling chassis, need to put the rest of the parts on it.

Dale thanks for the tips! I will definitely only take cash and check the bills. Good Luck with the new ride!

1978 Chevy Camaro, SBC Powered - 4X06 and PX 21

Posts: 27 | Location: Portage, Pa | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Clint. It is not new. 2002 Camaro. I went to North Carolina to get it.

Joe. Good luck.

ICS RACING ENGINES

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Joe, that sounds great. Putting your engine from the Camaro into dad's Malibu? Big Grin

Dale, whew, thought you were talking about going to the dark side with a swingset, glad you're staying in a door car. Big Grin Hope to see you this season somewhere.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I don't know what I was thinking a couple of years ago.
I am a door car guy.
I plan on coming out there to see you guys once in a while.
I hope you guys do the no box race again. I don't care if it is 3 10's or what ever they want to do.
I would like to get out there to support it.
I would have been there last year but everything was broke.

ICS RACING ENGINES

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
You had me worried with that talk from a a couple of years ago! I know that feeling of working through broken stuff.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Car show this weekend, looks like the weather is going to be pretty nice for January.

There is only 1 banquet this year, combining the season banquet and the KR Hall of Fame induction banquet:

Keystone Raceway Park 2016 Season and Hall of Fame Banquet

The annual racer’s banquet and Hall of Fame induction ceremony have been combined into one evening! Come join us as we celebrate the accomplishments of the 2016 season, and induct the latest members into the Keystone Raceway hall of fame! Moving to a new location, Colton Hall in Claridge, on Saturday, March 11, check in is at 3pm, dinner is at 5pm. $25 for adults, $18 for children 12 and under. Email Jarrett to order your tickets, jarrett@keystoneracyewaypark.com, or send a check payable to G&S Racing LLC, PO Box 225, Avonmore, PA, 15618.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
From the KRP site and FB page:

I would like to thank the racers who took the time this weekend to enter their cars, bikes, and junior dragsters as part of the KRP display area in the World of Wheels car show, as well as Jim Senkewitz and the PID Nostalgia racers for their variety of great rides. I am hoping that the warm weather we had this weekend is a good omen for the 50th anniversary season! Saturday was the second most attended day in the 56 years of the show, and the Keystone booth was busy. It was great seeing the racers and fans stopping by and chatting. If you couldn’t make it down to get a calendar, our 2017 schedule will be posted soon. Here are a few reminders and quick highlights I want to share with everyone:

* Pit parking renewal is due by February 28.
* The racers banquet for the 2016 season and the Keystone Raceway Hall of Fame induction are combined into one event, on Saturday, March 11. Email Jarrett – jarrett@keystoneracewaypark.com – or send a check payable to G&S Racing LLC, PO Box 225, Avonmore, PA, 15618 by March 3 to order your tickets.
* Chassis certifications will be Saturday, April 8, by appointment only. Contact Don Ickes at 412-417-3533 to schedule a time.
* Payouts: There will be no increase in entry fees this season, but the winner’s purse is going up to $1200 in Mike’s Auto Body Top class, $1000 in Latrobe Auto Group Modified class, and $500 in B&R Speed Supply Street class.
* Novice class replaces Trophy: Trophy class is now Millerstown Pic A Part Novice class. Footbrake only, car must be driven in (no trailered cars), DOT tires and exhaust required, 11.50 (1/4 mile, 7.35 in the 1/8 mile) and slower. Racers who have won a class or an event previously, at any track, are not eligible. $15 to enter, winner and runner up get trophies, no points, no buyback/reentry. Racers spouses/significant others/crew get free entry into the class with paid crew admission.
* Throwback weekend: Remember in the old Keystone days, racing Friday and Sunday in the same weekend? We’re going to do that one time this season, with points days on Friday, June 30, and Sunday, July 2.
* Points days: There will be 15, 6 of which will be run on the ¼ mile, 9 will be on the 1/8th mile. 6 of those 9 1/8th mile days will be SBRA points days.
* PID-Keystone Nostalgia Nationals: This will be the actual celebration of the 50th anniversary, and what better way to celebrate a big occasion than with Big Daddy Don Garlits! He will be here all 3 days, September 22-24, and he will be bringing one of the Swamp Rat dragsters to cackle on Saturday night!

That’s just a quick rundown after a busy weekend. Please stay tuned for more announcements, and remember to get your banquet tickets and renew your pit parking!

- Greg Miller, President, G&S Racing Services LLC

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChuckT,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Sounds great, Chuck. Thanks

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Stupid fat fingers....

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
I really need to get back to work on the car.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Especially if part of that work is putting a C4 in it.
Big Grin Laughing

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think the Novice class is a great idea and should really help bring some new blood to the sport. Anxious to see if it catches on. Kudos to whomever thought of it, and to Greg for trying it out.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Especially if part of that work is putting a C4 in it.
Big Grin Laughing

Now, now. We have had this talk. The devil says no No No

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mike, I think it will too. There is already some interest being shown, and I think that will grow as some test and tune racers decide to give it a shot when they hear about it.

Ed, as long as you're having fun, all that counts. And we have fun teasing you. Big Grin