DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

Yep. Gas + matches = no more issues. Big Grin

The solution to many things if more rpm can't fix it. Big Grin

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I can't get more rpm, hence why I need the fuel pump! Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was at the track yesterday and your car looked charrrred like lightning hit it. I think it is lonely!

Posts: 9 | Location: PA | Registered: December 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not trying to stir the pot here but i for one do not like this years schdueling. Alot of racers were not ready for points beginning of April, then have the car sit for weeks on end when we should be racing just dosent make sense. Hope next season is diffrent than this year.

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Ranger:
Not trying to stir the pot here but i for one do not like this years schdueling. Alot of racers were not ready for points beginning of April, then have the car sit for weeks on end when we should be racing just dosent make sense. Hope next season is diffrent than this year.

The schedule is a reflection of what the track operator needs to do to make the track work from a business standpoint. If you want to see more points races then you need to work with the track operator to make sure he makes money during points race days. Otherwise the schedule will continue to include a wider variety of events and less points races. Simply a business matter.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Lang:
quote:

The schedule is a reflection of what the track operator needs to do to make the track work from a business standpoint. If you want to see more points races then you need to work with the track operator to make sure he makes money during points race days. Otherwise the schedule will continue to include a wider variety of events and less points races. Simply a business matter.

Agreed^^

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I was wondering how long this would take for this type of post to show up on here.
I see Rangers point on this one, nothing we can do about it but I see his point. I personally cant see how one points race in the month of July is good business for a race track, but that's just me and I don't know much. Regardless of how many were points races or specialty races, been a dang wet summer, the schedule probably wouldn't bother folks so much if we didn't loose so many weeks to rain, all we can do is show up when the gates are open.

......SV Praying for a little less rain the second half

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
I'm all for the track running whatever type of "events" it needs to in order to keep the doors open. It just sucks when PRP and Quaker BOTH have events at the same time and then try to go head-to-head for their big events. Not blaming either track, but a little cooperation would go a long way......

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of camhead
posted Hide Post
I don't like not racing for a month or only one points race in a month either, but I won't argue with the point of the track needing to have different events to make money, you have to do what keeps the gates open. The biggest issue I see with this years schedule is the "Day at the Races" events. I heard from several people including myself that it was nice to race Friday "Night at the Races" and stay at the track for the points race on Saturday. There's always going to be voids and conflicts with a race schedule, you can't please everyone.

Posts: 9 | Location: Pa | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tom is absolutely right. I know this is going to rub some the wrong way, but the track operators I know (and I know quite a few) are unanimous in their statement that running a normal bracket program is not sufficient from a business standpoint to keep the track open. One well known operator tells me that somedays you make a little, somedays you lose a little, and most time you about break even. If you are in any business, that is a recipe for having the doors close eventually. Most good tracks have an operating costs of 8-10K a day when you break it down over the year......utilities, wages, insurance, supplies, etc.....those things have to be paid each month, every month, while you might have 30 (if your lucky) or so race dates to make it back. Special events, that draw unique cars and spectators, and test and tunes where there is minimal payout, is where the money is. ....one operator who some of you may know (not Greg, in case you are wondering) told me that he honestly considered ditching his regular bracket program altogether and just operate for test & tunes and special events for that reason.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Steve Reasbeck,

Posts: 31 | Location: Walton's Mountain, Pa. | Registered: May 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RTW102:
I was at the track yesterday and your car looked charrrred like lightning hit it. I think it is lonely!

Bob, lightning can only hit it if Kimmy is there to get a pic of the strike! Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
LR, I don't think you're stirring the pot. Nothing wrong with respectfully stating your opinion, which you've done. I like that there are breaks in the schedule from the points days, as it lets me do other things (vacations, family events, etc), and keeps me from feeling like I HAVE to be there to get my points. Tom and Steve have good points about doing what needs done to keep the doors open. I think Steve is most correct overall though... this rain freakin' sucks, and is driving us all stir crazy.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you chuck. Yes i 100% agree the track needs special events to draw more people. Heck if it was only us bracket racers on Saturday we wouldn't have a track anymore. Although i think the schedule can be improved, starting with bringing back Night at the raceson Friday and have test n tune program run right along as well with us. Knowing we are lucky enough not to have a curfew. Bringing back the fast and furious nights would be a hit as well.

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I've only run points at PRP twice. This was when it was Friday night and Sunday, EVERY WEEKEND from the end of march to the beginning of October. Can you guys believe that? It was so much work, that I think it scarred me for life. It turned me off so much, I never ran points again. And that counts for what I'm doing now.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If your car is sitting for an extended period of time, you aren't trying hard enough to find other locations to race at. I'm not directing people away from PRP, but QC races a gamblers race every Friday, and Magnolia does their race days on Sunday. If PRP has an off day or is looking to get bad weather, there are other places to go just to get your hits in. As a racer, this is optimal because you can skip a race day to do family/vacation stuff, and still have a chance to race in the weekend.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you chuck. Yes i 100% agree the track needs special events to draw more people. Heck if it was only us bracket racers on Saturday we wouldn't have a track anymore. Although i think the schedule can be improved, starting with bringing back Night at the raceson Friday and have test n tune program run right along as well with us. Knowing we are lucky enough not to have a curfew. Bringing back the fast and furious nights would be a hit as well.

Lone Ranger, From what i understand the reason there is no more "Night at the Races" is because PRP can run 2 events in the same day, #1,saturday at the races and event #2 street car racing and only have to pay for insurance for one day and thats saves them alot of $$$. When they had "night at the races" they had to pay for insurance for 2 days Friday night and the regular program on Saturday. You cant blame PRP for trying to save a few (alot) $$$.I will say this one more time, this is what i heard, so i could be wrong.But, if you think about it,it makes sense

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Retro D,

Posts: 39 | Location: 3rd rock | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Rick and Jen Clay on the birth of their daughter, Rikki Elaine Clay!!! 6 pounds, 7 ounces, 19 1/2" long, born at 2:52 today. Mom and baby are doing just fine.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Rick Clay
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck, she is awesome cant wait for everyone to meet her!!!

Posts: 11 | Location: Dry Tavern, PA | Registered: June 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rick Clay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Get back in that dragster soon, Mr. 000 on his first hit in the TA in a season and a half! Big Grin

Ha ha I hear ya buddy...I just got lucky ;-)

Posts: 11 | Location: Dry Tavern, PA | Registered: June 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
I've only run points at PRP twice. This was when it was Friday night and Sunday, EVERY WEEKEND from the end of march to the beginning of October. Can you guys believe that? It was so much work, that I think it scarred me for life. It turned me off so much, I never ran points again. And that counts for what I'm doing now.

Dude, win a Wally, now you're wearing a bull's eye? You've had some packages dropped on you the last 2 races. Maybe it's time to come back to points racing. Big Grin