DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Is there regular no box and box racing this weekend at keystone along with the nostalgia stuff? Saturday and Sunday or what. Thx

Posts: 1437 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Ski_Dwn_IT - There is a Hot Rod Class that runs Saturday and Sunday. Its a Footbrake only and box class. 2 separate classes.

Posts: 177 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turk:
Ski_Dwn_IT - There is a Hot Rod Class that runs Saturday and Sunday. Its a Footbrake only and box class. 2 separate classes.

Footbrake as in no box? What are the restrictions for that class? Where do you find this info. The website is no clear from what I see. It says nostalgia.

Posts: 1437 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Footbrake as in no box? What are the restrictions for that class? Where do you find this info. The website is no clear from what I see. It says nostalgia.

I was always told it had to be 79 and older and I thought it was all footbrake except the Tri-State SS cars that use a TB. Last year I saw some newer cars though. Not sure how that works.

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mike Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog99:
quote:

I was always told it had to be 79 and older and I thought it was all footbrake except the Tri-State SS cars that use a TB. Last year I saw some newer cars though. Not sure how that works.

Yes, The Tri-State S/SS Association is for NHRA/IHRA-legal Stock and Super Stock cars, as well as Nostalgia/SS cars (based on NMCA and 422 All-Stars rules). Transbrakes are legal for Super Stock and N/SS cars. No year limit on TSSSSA or UMTR stick cars (both groups have quite a few newer cars).

Mike Carr
Tri-State Stock/Stock Association President
Retired Stock/bracket racer
Facebook/Twitter: buffdaddy1302

Posts: 59 | Location: Enon Valley PA | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hot Rod Eliminator is 2 classes, 2 purses. Footbrake is footbrake only. Transbrake and delay box cars run in the electronics class. Both are open to cars 1985 and earlier. UMTR (stick shift class) and TriState Stock/Super Stock can have newer than 1985.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
Yeah, my heap is too new but I sure ain't LOL Looks like great weather. Arguably the best event of the year. When you attend a Nostalgia Event, to celebrate the old days and you were there....kinda says something.

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Ranger:
Man seems the regular quacker racers dont have much if any good to say about their track.

Exactly what are you referring to? The track is great. The facility is top notch and traction is not a problem. Are you talking about something in particular or what? There are some racers at any track that do nothing but complain, others may be upset over an issue or with management decisions...but that is at every track....take a look back through the history of posts on Keystone's or any other track's string and you will find examples of that same thing. Not sure what you are referring to? Not trying to cause a keyboard fight here....just trying to find out what you are talking about?

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Exactly what are you referring to? The track is great. The facility is top notch and traction is not a problem. Are you talking about something in particular or what? There are some racers at any track that do nothing but complain, others may be upset over an issue or with management decisions...but that is at every track....take a look back through the history of posts on Keystone's or any other track's string and you will find examples of that same thing. Not sure what you are referring to? Not trying to cause a keyboard fight here....just trying to find out what you are talking about?

I got back into this the last few years after being away from it for 36 years. A lot has changed but one thing is the same. Racers always find something to complain about. LOL

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDog82:
I'll be in-town this weekend for a wedding (Saturday), and plan to come to the track on Sunday

what will I miss on Saturday, and what will I see on Sunday?

Glenn, I think the Bud's Auto Sales Nostalgia Stock/Super Stock class is running Saturday only, but I think everything else runs Sunday as well as Saturday. I'll be on the mic, stop up in the tower and say hello.

Looks like an awesome weekend on tap, should be a great show both days.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a show this weekend. I wish I could have gotten up to see the car cruise area. There was a '70 Vista Cruiser I was looking at from the tower, and a couple of Willys. There was a '65 Vista Cruiser racing too, loved it.

I can't wait to be racing again this weekend for the $10K's!!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
660 Bottom Bulb update, Thursday, September 29, 9:50am: Folks, don't let the weather scare you away. We dealt with a very similar forecast in July for the Top Bulb race, and made the necessary schedule adjustments to get every race finished. No one can 100% accurately say what the weather will do, and we have seen many doom and gloom forecasts, much worse than the current one, turn out to be a sprinkle only. In addition to adjusting the schedule if necessary, we have a jet dryer, and the hardest working track crew that wants to see everyone race, take their shots at the three $10K purses, and have a great time!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Sorry about messing up the race on Friday for about an hour. It was a great race. Thanks Greg and staff for putting on this event. I will attempt it again next year.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Jim, after seeing the pics you posted, I'm glad you had a diaper on the car. That could have been a real hairy ride if you didn't. I hope you get it back together for next year.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck, Any idea when there will be a list of who is going to the SBRA finals at Mason-Dixon

Posts: 26 | Location: Wheeling,WV | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Tom, if you're racing GGG this weekend, you can pick up your SBRA packet.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck, Would like to be there, but have family matters to attend to. If you want to mail it, that would be fine or I can pick it up at Mason Dixon like I did last yesr. Thanks Tom

Posts: 26 | Location: Wheeling,WV | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck, May be in the area on Friday if I need to Pick up the packet at the race track. Tom

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Whatever works best for you, Tom. If you're not able to get it, it will be at M-D when you pull in.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all you help....Didn't make your way today...I'll pick it up at Mason Dixon on Thursday.