DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes No No Roll Eyes Hum Eek crying hug Christmas 2 Snowman

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Iron Man trophies on Saturday!

Friday, August 1 - Nitro Jam qualifying, with a test and tune open to all. Gates open at 2pm, test and tune starts at 4pm. Nitro Jam qualifying round 1 at 7:30pm, round 2 at 9:30pm. See the link for full schedule details:
http://www.pittsburghracewaypa...am_2014_Schedule.pdf

Saturday, August 2 - Bracket racing (1/4 mile), PRP/Summit SuperSeries points day #6, Nitro Jam eliminations. Gates open at 11am, TCR at noon, junior dragsters following. Big car time trials start at 3pm. Our class run order is Modified, Top, Motorcycle, the remaining junior dragster rounds, Street, Trophy. Winners in Junior Dragster, Top, Modified, Motorcycle, and Street will receive Ironman trophies! Class descriptions and payouts are on the link:
http://www.pittsburghracewaypa...m/entrys_payouts.php

Nitro Jam - pre-race ceremony at 5:50pm, round 1 at 6pm, round 2 at 7:30pm, finals at 9pm. Full schedule on the link:

http://www.pittsburghracewaypa...am_2014_Schedule.pdf

Great article from IHRA.com describing the cars, classes, and event on this link:
http://www.ihra.com/ihra-news/...eway-park-august-1-2

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
It says on the parking contract that select spots will not be available for use this weekend. Does anyone know which "select spots" are not going to be useable? I need to know if I will have my spot on Saturday. Thanks

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking you're ok where you are, Tony. I'm guessing the IHRA will use in front of the tower and the areas around the Street lanes.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Just saw this on the PRP site this morning:

ATTENTION - PIT SPOTS FOR NITRO JAM
07-31-2014
IHRA is on site at the track, and provided the layout. In the front row, left lane side, the Nitro Jam set up will use all spots down to and inlcuding #39. In the second row, all pit spots up to and including #75 will be used. As per the pit parking contract, if you are in one of these reserved spots, please move by the end of tonight's test and tune.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
So what did you all think of the IHRA nitro jam?
My thoughts - Nitro funny cars were awesome, and our announcer (Steve) puts the IHRA announcer to shame.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Anyone looking for cheap motorhome set up to tow give me shout...I'll take $3000 for it..PM for details Wink

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If your looking for a little longer Motorhome, we are selling our 1998 Fleetwood Flair 30H with 454FI BBC. Set up to tow. Re-enforced hitch. Can also sell with Trailer Toad 3500HD (2011 Model).

Asking $11,500 for MH only.

Email me for pics or stop over and see us at the track.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a great show, all the way around. Just a shame Mother Nature had to get all uppity again. I love the fuel altereds, but I agree, Steve, the funny cars were fantastic. Litton goes 4.98 in Q2 Friday night to go #1, and then Gallen goes 4.97 right behind him. Then Gallen goes 4.92 on Saturday! Good side by side racing.

Eric, did you name it the Eagle 5?? Big Grin

Flyer for the Nikki & Mark race Saturday:

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Fox
Uncle
Charlie
King hate cancer. Rest in peace, David. Another good guy taken way too soon.

We are very, very saddened here at Pittsburgh Raceway Park to announce that we have suffered another loss of a dear friend and member of the racing family. Long time racer and track crew member David Green passed away early this morning after an extended battle with cancer. David loved his family and friends, both on the track and away from it. We know David is now racing on the golden strip with our family members we have lost over time. Deepest and most sincere condolences from all of the Pittsburgh Raceway Park extended family go out to David’s family and friends. An update will be posted with arrangements once they are known.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
The Brewer Family extends their deepest sympathy to the Green Family. God speed David....you will be missed.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Dave was one of the coolest/nicest guys ever, bar none. He'll definitely be missed.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
RIP

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Saturday, Aug 23 Pittsburgh Raceway Park will be having a Top Sportman, Top Dragster race along with Pro Mods. T/S & T/D will be an all run format, and the min. dialins will be 6.90 and 6.70 respectively. T/S and T/D WILL RUN TO THE 1000FT. If anyone wants to come out, have some fun and try to win some money, then bring it. Check out PRP's website for more details.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Here is some more info on the T/S T/D race on the 23rd Top Sportsman and Top Dragster will be one class, with TS and TD kept separate until there is 1 left in either/both, then combined. It will be a 1000' race, minimum dial for Top Sportman of 6.90, and 6.70 for Top Dragster.

Entry fee is $85, $1000 to win, $400 runner up, $50 round money starting with a 2nd round win. The purse will increase for any class that has more than 30 cars, to $1500 to win!

This will be the first time PRP is having a race like this, and I'm sure if it's successful, Greg will have more. —

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
How cool is this??? Way to go, Sabrina! From DJ Johnson's article today in the Post Gazette:

DJ Johnson PG column

Rain halts Nitro Jam

Torrential rain Saturday stopped the racing at the IHRA Nitro Jam at Pittsburgh Raceway Park, but not before Jason Rupert was crowned the 2014 IHRA Nitro Funny Car Champion. Rupert earned the title when Mark Sanders, second in Funny Car points, failed to qualify for the event on Friday evening.

Sportsman competitors will complete the event for an IHRA Ironman trophy later this season at PRP.

One racer did receive an IHRA Ironman Saturday when 10-year old, Sabrina Duche of West Mifflin won the Junior Dragster event. A fifth-grade student at West Mifflin Area Middle School, Duche won her very first Ironman, a feat that her father, Dale, has yet to accomplish.

Jet car owner and driver Elaine Larsen knows something about winning races and what it takes for a female to win a mostly male dominated sport.

“Can she appreciate it? Let me tell you, the look on that little girl’s face, it just wasn’t her winning it,” Larsen said. “It was her mom, her dad, her brother, it was everyone that supported her. It’s never any one person that wins, it’s always a group effort.”

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I'm not complaining, I'm just thinking about dragging our old junk home to do a little work on it this weekend..........there is no Racing, or Testing & Tuning this Friday or Saturday right?

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Carmen's Cafeteria is paying 400.00 towards the T/S, T/D race on the 23. 200.00 will go to the dragster that goes the ****hest and 200.00 for the doorcar that goes the ****hest.

Thanks Carmen.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Correct, Steve. The only event this week is Thursday's test n tune.

Congrats to Joey & Sonya Devola!! Joe Jr was born Monday night, 8lbs 11oz, 21.5" long. Mom and son are doing fine.