DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
.....wow, glad to hear no one was hurt other than the car. That could have been pretty bad had that been someone with less experiance than Dave.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Yeah definately glad to hear that no one was injured in that accident.

On a side note, not that anyone cares but I haven't been posting much in the last week because I have been moving into a new place for school and just today got my new internet, tv, and phone service connected and running along with my wireless network in the house. So everything should be back to normal and I will be posting as usual.

Chuck, Mom's win on saturday was awesome. I knew she could do it just needed the right time and day. We were really excited espescially when that win light came on.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Mark, I was kind of wondering where you were, of late.....are you back at U town?

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Well, not U-town but sorta close. I'm about 5-10 minutes from schoool at California University of Pa.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
im really glad you got it going again steve. i know how you feel, at the begining of the year i chased a leaking head gasket for 3 weeks till i found it.
ryan has ben on a roll ever since i reset the roll out on his porta tree. 4 straight races being the number 1 qualifier and in those 4 races he has 2 wins and 2 runners up.
im still in shock that in 4 races he went from 8 points back to 3 points ahead.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The most important thing is that Dave is ok. The car can be fixed, although it is ashame cause that car is awesome!

Mark, did you give your mom a hug for her win or what? Another Romeo in the winners circle.....it was only a matter of time Smile She may have to give lessons to you and Kevin soon!

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Amy for winning street. Sure I wanted to win but it was really good to see her win one. She is always there to see Mark and Kevin win so I'm sure she was happy to get one for herself.

Posts: 37 | Location: Ford City, Pa | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ernesto is being a pain in the ass down here, but I think it's past us now. We lost the day to rain, and they rolled up the sidewalks ever earlier than usual. Looks like it's heading for y'all now. I won't be home to race Saturday, even if it looked like the weather would cooperate. I am going to take my time, maybe even steal another day or 2 down here.

Mark, I hope your mom decides to go to Bracket Finals. She's always there anyway, and she sure as heck earned her spot.

And Mark, are you saying party at your place? Big Grin

Glad to hear Trap is ok, sorry to hear about the car though. Wow, 2 first time posters, though Barry has been lurking around for awhile. Big Grin Welcome, Jeff!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Chuck, parties...not yet but eventually. Still trying to get settled in. As far as I know she is definately planning on racing at brackets.

Russ, definately gave her a big hug, she was super excited it was a pretty cool night.

I wonder if since we almost definately aren't racing this weekend they will still end the points. I can live with 2nd but i'd sure love to ya a run for 1st even though it would be a long shot. What happens with a tie for 2nd? run-off or what?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mark,

When Donnie and I were tied for 3rd they just combined 3rd and 4th money and split it. Then they called us both #3.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark,
I don't think that they would extend the points because they had no provisions for rainouts. I had to wait for you last week and take my shot....are you saying that you were going to do the same to me this week? I would expect nothing less. You're a good racer and that loves to compete! I can't say that I'll be upset if it rains out tomorrow. I'm pretty drained from everything with my dad and with my stupid cars breaking! I need a break before the Bracket Finals. I haven't had a good nights sleep in 2 months! Dad is starting to do a little bit better though and that's all that counts Smile

AJ,
Does that mean that they'll call Mark #2....that stinks!!

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Well I'll be happy with 2nd. I do love to compete, but I honestly can say that most likely I wouldn't be following ya into the staging lanes. I am more of a let things work themselves out type of guy. When I try to take things into my own hands I end up messing it up anyways. Definately glad to hear that your dad is doing better your right thats all that counts.

Kevin and Dad went 2 seperate ways for this weekend, Dad is heading to Norwalk for the 10 grand nationals I guess, and Kevin headed for Beaver Springs this afternoon. I won't be racing anywhere this weekend going to save some $$ for double entering our $2500 to win races.

I can't wait for Bracket Finals should be a good time for sure.

Aj, do you know anything about setting up wireless networks? I have one going in my new place here but I don't think it is a secure connection, I think anyone could connect using my connection(like the neighbors,etc.) I know there is a way to make it so that I need like a password or something to get connected. Just can't figure it out for myself.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I can help you set it up. Let me know.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
if we rain out tomorrow, ryan and i will be heading for beaver our selves to run there sunday and monday.
he wants to run but wont be too upset if it rains tomorrow. as long as he gets to make some passes this weekend.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

<68charger>
posted
Good luck to all you guys at the bracket nats!!! I hope to run them next year this year, just had to many bugs to work out of the new combo. hope to get some racing in next weekend.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark,
I'm not racing this weekend either, but I think that I am going to double enter the $2500 race too Smile I'm going to hang out with my dad this weekend at the hospital. I hope your dad has some luck at Norwalk...he's been killing the tree and the car seems pretty consistent so you never know!

As far as your wireless network, you can secure the network to filter by MAC address....AJ can help you figure that out.

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Yeah hopefully dad does alright.

I'll have to get with AJ for the wireless network deal.

So what is 3rd place points pay? I know 2nd was what 750?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all, I'm back. Thrilled to be at work too, really.

Happy belated birthday, AJ.

Congratulations to all the class winners, especially to Scott and Russ. It was a heck of a race in Top too, Ray, shame that last points day didn't get in. Zemrose was just on fire the last month. Hopefully you guys do some damage at Bracket Finals. Mark, nice job on your finish.

Man, I hope the weather cooperates for Saturday. I haven't been in the car since Aug 12.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Yeah Happy Birthday AJ, just saw it on PRP's main page.

Thanks Chuck, can't wait till finals I like them being at Quaker, at least we race there once in a while, instead of once a year like Norwalk.

Nice job to Russ, Scott, and Rich. Like Chuck said, lets do some damage at at Bracket finals.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Congrats to everyone. Mark let me know when want to look at that wireless internet. I am going to run at quaker as much I can before the bracket finals.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ