DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'll be on the mic this weekend, so yinz will have a head start on the Saturday night pizza party before I get there. Big Grin Guaranteed purses, good entry, good payout, nice round money!

quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

Coming up next weekend, 12th annual Curt George Memorial race, in a Mopars versus The World format:

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Great looking weather all weekend! I'll be babbling on the mic, should be awesome racing.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing the Renegade Racing Assocation at Keystone this Saturday. Really cool cars, nice series.

RRA

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Big time congrats to my buddy Barry Barnett for winning Modified on Saturday night! Almost a Barnett double up, with his son Josh getting the runner up in Street. I know Barney, Barry's dad, was smiling down with pride.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
What is Barry running now Chuck?

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Points are updated very quickly. We have 2 weeks until the next points race. Please check your totals and bring up any discrepancies to the tower.

Keystone points standings

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Man, it was so good to hear Steve Sciullo over the p.a. again Saturday!

Congrats to Bob Whalen, winning (in Street) for the first time since Fairmont closed in 2000!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Update on the KRP site and FB page about the 660 race this weekend:

Hello everyone,
We are looking forward to big money bracket racing right here at Keystone Raceway Park this Friday through Sunday, where it is $10,000 to win each day, plus the racer appreciation BBQ, and Trainwreck in concert! We are hearing from some racers regarding this weekend’s 660 Top Bulb Nationals, after they looked at the weekend forecast. Unless the forecast trends to completely awful for all 3 days, we plan on racing! We have seen much, much worse forecasts here, and have raced without getting a drop. What we have working for us: We start early in the day (9am all three days), we have our jet dryer fueled up and ready to go (hoping it’s like carrying an umbrella – won’t rain when you remember to carry it!), we can adjust the schedule, we do not have a curfew, and we have one of the hardest working track crews anywhere! Our goal is to give out the entire purse this weekend, and we hope to see you here!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have seen much, much worse forecasts here, and have raced without getting a drop

I agree wholeheartedly. If it were up to these weathermen in the Northeast, we'd never race. They're notorious for calling for disaster only to change it last minute to cover their arses. Plus with those new french drains Greg put in, I'd imagine that track can handle quite a bit.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
It's not raining until water is falling from the sky. Have fun everyone.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
You know, I always get nervous when Ed makes sense.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Scary isn't it Ice Cream

DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested. I am selling my 69 camaro. It is on racing junk. You can give me a call (412)779-1467.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
July 29 - Day 1 is in the books! Great racing action all day long, and the $10,000 main event came down to a door car and a dragster. Win goes to Brian McHattie in the #1 Performance Center dragster, over Mike Honrstein Jr's '69 Camaro. Brian just lost his grandfather this week, and dedicated the win to him.

W - McHattie, 4.84 dial in, .0162 reaction time, 4.8460 elapsed time, 142.54mph

R/U - Hornstein Jr, 6.03 dial. .0235 RT. 6.0618 ET, 113.69mph

In the Mike's Auto Body gambler's race, it was another door car versus dragster match up, and this time, it went to the door car. Jeff Krushinskie from Shamokin, PA, had the holeshot in his 2001 Trans Am over Jon Birkel from Elyria, OH in his dragster.

W- Krushinskie, 5.38 dial, .0320 RT, 5.3971 ET, 122.38mph

R/U - Birkel - 4.87 dial, .2743 RT, 4.8529 ET, 137.03mph

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry I apologize, I missed the concert, how did it go?

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What's it matter... It's a track rental. Get a life already.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Doorman there might be a few you tube vids of concert posted on website soon. Why are you apologizing?

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Glenn Barbis Jr.
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to the Sat. & Sun. video, with concert highlights starting at 4:30.

Steel Valley Nats Sat/Sun Footage

"Drag racing is 25% Car, 25% Driver, and 50% Luck,"- Old Time Racer

Posts: 2 | Location: Johnstown, Pa. | Registered: June 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Points race this Friday night! I think this is the first time since 2001 we've had a Friday night points race.

Friday, August 19 - Bracket racing (only, NO test and tune), 1/4 mile, KRP/SSS points day. Gates open 5:30pm, 1 time trial all classes, 7pm, eliminations follow.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Friday night was pretty sweet, racing after the heat of the day, under the lights, good time.

This weekend is looking awesome, Nostalgia Stock/Super Stock with Friday night's test and tune, and Night of Fire on Saturday is going to be fantastic!

Friday, August 26 - Test and tune, open to all cars, plus PID-Keystone Nostalgia Combo Eliminator presented by Bud's Auto Body and Bower Hill Auto Body. Gates open 5:30pm, racing 6:30pm to midnight. $25 to race test and tune, $35 for Nostalgia Eliminator, $10 for spectators, $30 for a carload (4 or more in a vehicle), kids 10 and under free.

Bud's Auto Nostalgia Stock/Super Stock

Saturday, August 27 - 1/4 mile bracket racing, KRP/SSS points day, Fantasic show lined up for the annual Night of Fire! Racer gates open 11am, TCR at noon, followed by junior dragsters. Big car time trials start at 3pm. Spectator gates open 2pm. The show includes the Queen of Diamonds jet dragster, jet funny cars, Danny O'Day in the Superwinch wheelstanding roadster, alcohol funny cars, Ohio Outlaw AA/Gassers (with their back up girls!), extreme blown altereds, Bob Motz in the jet Kenworth, and John Andrade Jr - Andrade on Discovery Channel's Street Outlaws - with The Cutty, interacting with fans and racing! Show car runs are at 7pm and 9pm, with fireworks following the 9pm session! Spectator admission $25 for adults, carload of 4 or more in a vehicle $75, $15 for 7-16 year olds, kids 6 and under free.