DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
The reason that PRP does not run crosstalk on the weekly bracket racing program for TOP class is that at the Division 3 Bracket finals it is not run. The tracks managers/owners all vote on it and its not part of the program. It could be very confusing if you ran it all year then not at the bracket finals so PRP does not run it on the weekly program.

Posts: 177 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
I like crosstalk. I wish PRP used it. It changes absolutely nothing for the slower car. And if you're the faster car, just put a big N on your window and you don't have to worry about. Pretty simple, guys.

This is the simplest way to put it right here. I don't think the issue is a bottom bulber wanting changes for them specifically. I saw a few cars at the Fling with the N on the window, at least one of them was even a dragster. Why they wouldn't want crosstalk...who knows. It is a valid question however, will the N shutoff crosstalk? If it does great, if it doesn't, then it will make it difficult on a fast bottom bulb car...as stated above though, the event rules/criteria are set.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
If you have a N in front of your dial in and your dial in doesn't come up with a - sign in front of it don't stage. Its just like accepting a wrong dial in.

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
quote:
I like crosstalk. I wish PRP used it. It changes absolutely nothing for the slower car. And if you're the faster car, just put a big N on your window and you don't have to worry about. Pretty simple, guys.

This is the simplest way to put it right here.

Tony making, clear, concise points.... time to lace up the skates in Hades.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
quote:

This is the simplest way to put it right here.

Tony making, clear, concise points.... time to lace up the skates in Hades.

LOL

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Was at PRP yest and it was a very well ran program, decent car count and prp staff did a great job. Hats off to Mike "the mad man" egan 2nd week in a row win in mod and sam dubbs for her first win in top with her new digger.

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
yes it went pretty smoothly this past weekend, great job to all the track workers.

We're having what seems like ignition trouble with our rustang, does anyone have a spare, older (none digital) MSD 6al, blaster 2 coil, or 2-3 step laying around they want to sell -or- would let us try for a weekend?
We have a damn intermittent miss were trying to locate / eliminate.
Going to try new plugs, wires, battery, and go over all the connections this Friday (again) to see if that's it, personally I never had a MSD unit fail, but it seems many people have, if the other swaps don't fix - just wanted to see if maybe someone would have some spares.

Thanks
Steve V. 8ONE4952-296ONE

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve from Pa:
yes it went pretty smoothly this past weekend, great job to all the track workers.

We're having what seems like ignition trouble with our rustang, does anyone have a spare, older (none digital) MSD 6al, blaster 2 coil, or 2-3 step laying around they want to sell -or- would let us try for a weekend?

Steve try going on MSD's website. In their trouble shooting section you may be able to narrow down your issue.
We have a damn intermittent miss were trying to locate / eliminate.
Going to try new plugs, wires, battery, and go over all the connections this Friday (again) to see if that's it, personally I never had a MSD unit fail, but it seems many people have, if the other swaps don't fix - just wanted to see if maybe someone would have some spares.

Thanks
Steve V. 8ONE4952-296ONE

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Wow I messed that quote up.

Steve try going on MSD's website. In their trouble shooting section you may be able to narrow down your issue.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Joe Jr.
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone, I had a quick question I was hoping someone could answer for me. This saturday May 30, "Day at the Races & Test N Tune" is this for Street Cars only?? or is this event for drag cars running slicks?

I see there is Saturday Street Night starting at 8pm also which I assume is for Street Cars only.

I just have been getting different answers from different people and just wanted to make sure, before I trailered down this weekend and couldn't run.

Thanks,
Joe Jr.

1978 Chevy Camaro, SBC Powered - 4X06 and PX 21

Posts: 27 | Location: Portage, Pa | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Joe, you are good to go for the daytime TnT and Day at the Races, this is the old Night at the Races that was Friday nights for the past couple of seasons. The evening street car night, that is as you suspected for street cars only.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Steve I got a 6al and blaster coil you can borrow if you are willing to pay for shipping to get it there.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mark is right, Joe. PRP page updated this morning:

Friday, May 29 - Test N Tune. Gates open at 5:30pm, racing from 6:30pm-midnight. $25 to race, $10 for spectators, $25 for a carload, kids 10 and under free.

Saturday, May 30 - event #1 - Day at the Races and test and tune (open to all). Gates open 11am, racing noon - 6pm. Day at the Races - 2 brackets classes, 10.00 and slower, 9.99 and quicker. $35 to race, $600 to win, $200 runner up, $75 semis. Test and tune, $25 to race, $10 for spectators, $25 for a carload, kids 10 and under free.

Saturday, May 30 - event #2 - Street car/bike only test and tune, trailered in, slicks, and open headers allowed. Racing from 9pm - 1am. $25 to race, $10 for spectators, $25 for a carload, kids 10 and under free.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve I got a 6al and blaster coil you can borrow if you are willing to pay for shipping to get it there

All man that's awesome Clint, I really appreciate that, a local racer offered to let me try his spare one if the other changes I'm trying don't work. thank you very much for the offer.

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
looking to buy a golf cart must be gas,more options the better!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mike Carr
posted Hide Post
Bill, try Ron's Cars and Carts on route 14 between Unity and Columbiana. We bought one and a trailer from there a few weeks ago. Very nice one.

Mike Carr
Tri-State Stock/Stock Association President
Retired Stock/bracket racer
Facebook/Twitter: buffdaddy1302

Posts: 59 | Location: Enon Valley PA | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Steve from pa, i know you are throwing alot of parts at it, id also change the distributor cap and rotor. My bet it is that and not the msd or coil. Hope u guys it it sorted out.

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
seemed to be a pretty light turn out at the day time event, how was the evenings Street racing event this weekend did it get ran? I left during the rain shower?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think the rain all around scared a lot of people away for the day event. The race did finish after the rain delay, in 1/8th mile. Saturday night's Street Drags was decent, but the rain I'm sure kept a lot of people away too. It never rained in the night event.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This may have been asked before, but I can't find anything when I do a search...does PRP have a pit parking map showing all reserved spots and all available ones? Sometimes going off of a sign being present is hit or miss.

Also, the application for reserving pit spots still says 2014, so I'm assuming those dates listed for moving your stuff are for last year?

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post