DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thursday, Oct 29, is parking, time trials, and gamblers race.

Saturday, Oct 31, gamblers race round 1, open to everyone, goes first, followed by the main event in its entirety.

So race Thursday then there is nothing Friday?

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Is the juniors running a ALL run class this weekend?? Or 2 different classes? STEWART

Posts: 230 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Steve, Friday schedule is still in place, Oct 30 for time trials and gamblers.

Jeff, GGG is all run for juniors, 1 class.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
So Chuck who is going to the SSS runoff in Memphis? I couldn't find anything on IHRA website

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Summit Super Series runoffs started Friday, got down to the no box final, and semis in box and juniors. Rain came in, stopped, almost got the track back, when more rain came in and didn't stop until about noon Saturday. Drying by IHRA, PRP, and team volunteers got things back going about 4:15. Congrats to the winners, and I think all 3 runner ups are going as well, based on their packages. Great racing, the wait didn't alter their focus.

No Box:
W - Paul Scribani, Skyview, 3rd gen Camaro, .0226 RT, 5.82 dial, 5.8254 ET
R/U - Ken Iamele, Empire, '70 Chevelle, .0237 RT, 6.16 dial, 6.1596 ET

.0047 at the stripe for Ken, just .0004 under.

Box:
W- Russ Denmark, Skyview, .0058 RT, 4.54 dial, 4.5500 ET
R/U - Ben Parks, US13, .0078 RT, 5.03 dial, 5.0464 ET

.0158 package to a .0242 package, .0084 stripe to Denmark, who was killer every round

Juniors:
W - Kyle Rokosky, .0113 RT, 7.90 dial, 7.9241 ET
R/U - Sarah Gruber - .0596, 7.93 dial, 7.9456 ET

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Info for this weekend's GGG race:

Thursday, October 8 - Test and tune (1/4 mile), open to all. Gates open 5:30pm, racing from 6:30pm-10:30pm. $25 to race, $10 for spectators, $25 for a carload.

Friday, October 9 - Gates open at noon. Time trials (2 sessions) start at 3pm. 1/8th mile bracket racing. Run order is no box, box, bike, juniors.

Saturday, October 10 - Gates open at 8am. Time trials (2 sessions) start at 10am. 1/8th mile bracket racing. Run order is no box, box, bike, juniors.

Sunday, October 11 - Gates open at 8am. Time trial (1 session) starts at 9am. 1/8th mile bracket racing. Run order is no box, box, bike, juniors.

Friday October 9 - Sunday, October 11 - Ghosts, Goblins, and Gearheads - Our annual Halloween themed race weekend, great fun, great racing all weekend in Box, No Box, and Junior Dragsters! Trick or treating and costume contest Saturday night at 8pm! Trainwreck plays after racing is done on Saturday! 93.3 The Wolf is also sponsoring the free points series in the big cars, with top 8 in each class running off for an Ironman! The box, no box, and bike Iron Man winner plus the best losing package of the weekend run off for a trip to Las Vegas!

Point series information: 1 point per round win. Points end with a loss (rounds won after buying back do not count). Double entry cars must use 2 numbers. Tiebreakers will be by better average reaction time (red lights do not count). Best losing package taken from non Ironman winners.

Here is the entry and payout information:

Junior dragster entry: 3 race weekend pass $85 (Single day: Friday $30, Sat/Sun $35. Reentry $20 per race). Friday pays $200 to win, $75 runner up, $25 semis. Saturday and Sunday each pay $300 to win, $100 runner up, $25 semis.
Bikes/Sleds: 3 race weekend pass $80 (Single day: Friday $25, Sat/Sun $35. Reentry $20 per race) . Friday pays $200 to win, $100 runner up. Saturday and Sunday each pay $300 to win, $100 runner up.
No Box: 3 race weekend pass $125 (Single day: Friday $45, Sat/Sun $65. Reentry $25 per race). Friday pays $1000 to win, $350 runner up, $100 semis, $15 round money starting with a 3rd round win. Saturday and Sunday each pay $2000 to win, $500 runner up, $150 semis, $25 round money starting with a third round win.
Box: 3 race weekend pass $125 (Single day: Friday $45, Sat/Sun $65. Reentry $25 per race). Friday pays $1000 to win, $350 runner up, $100 semis, $15 round money starting with a 3rd round win. Saturday and Sunday each pay $2000 to win, $500 runner up, $150 semis, $25 round money starting with a third round win.
Double classing allowed, box must be out of car to run no box. Double entries allowed, will be called first to the lanes.
Spectators: $15 Friday, $15 Saturday, $10 Sunday, or weekend pass for all 3 days $30. Kids 10 and under free!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
super job by the PRP staff over the 3 day (GGG) race weekend, they kept the program moving all weekend with a safe surface to race on. Full staging lanes in No Box and Top was good to see, glad PRP finally got a break with the weather, i am sure they needed it $$ wise.

Posts: 39 | Location: 3rd rock | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of wvdragracer
posted Hide Post
Want to give a shout out to the whole PRP crew. I will say the workers there give it there all , from working the water box, to watching the starting line. Track prep was great. I am sure alot of the employees there think its a Thankless job, But I want to say Thanks to everyone of them. GGG was a great time once again!

Posts: 19 | Location: Mannington WV | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hats off to Greg and all PRP staff! Seemed everyone was very happy with track conditions. Also must note that the announcer on fri/sat was real good. Have no idea who he was but they need him back. Nice to see alot of racers from other states come to race. GREAT JOB PRP!

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
PRP and staff did a spectacular job this weekend. Thank you for giving us a great place to race, and a safe consistent track. We had a great time as always.

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^ says the man that drove the Brinks truck to the bank this morning.

Good job this weekend, Bob.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
An awesome time again this year. Good car count Friday night, considering the forecast, turned into a great car count for Saturday and Sunday. Beautiful weather, great racing, great time. Good seeing you, Scott, sorry we didn't get to talk longer. Nice job, Bob, you were driving great, you have a good handle on that thing now.

I just wish I put .010 in my mental box.

DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
I would just like to basically repeat as the all the other said above me. I would like the thank Greg and the entire PRP staff for an awesome weekend of racing! Even tho I got a slow doorcar the track was off the hook from the first pair of cars Friday to the last on Sunday! Yes there were some delays and clean ups but the staff busted their a$$ and keep things moving along at a good pace! Also wanted to say congrats to Nick Bowman, Matt Powell, Lou Greco and Bob Deniker for the great showings this weekend and Bob if I were you I would be very happy with that new pipe rack and how it treated you all weekend!
Looking forward to next season already and plan to come over to PRP a lot more often bc it seems like these guys actually care about there racers instead of how much money came thru the gate that day!

Posts: 70 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know how many cars PRP is taking to Mason Dixon next weekend? Who gets to go? I called the track and Pam said Greg was taken care of it.

Posts: 26 | Location: Wheeling,WV | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom. I think the team is 50. I couldn't navigate M-D's site to verify. I found the schedule and payouts:

SBRA schedule and payouts

With as many people going to the Halloween Classic, I'd say chances are decent you're in. Last year we had 19 racers.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck, Do I need to get with Greg Miller to find out for sure? Did you need anything special from the track to attend last year?

Posts: 26 | Location: Wheeling,WV | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I believe you are correct Chuck 50 car teams.

.......there are many people waiting to see if their invited or not, why is it a secret, points have been done how long ago?

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Tom, if I remember right, we didn't need anything from PRP, other than being listed on the roster. Once there, we got our tech cards and numbers. M-D/SBRA assigns the car numbers to each track, and the track gives them to the racers with the tech cards.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck, Thanks for the info. I'll try to get in touch with Greg on Monday to see if he has a roster of who can attend. If only 19 went last year, almost anyone who signed up for points would have the chance to go. I'm sure several are headed to Norwalk for the classic and others don't like the 1/8 mile. Would have been nice to know a little in advance so we could make plans.