DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the Harrold family.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
any chance of going 8th mile with the cold temps in the forecast tomorrow? Snowman

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bill, if you go to PRP . Get scoop on 660 race later this summer.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
Just run a practice tree race.

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I had some damage down to the back of my trailer, when it was in storage, does anyone know out there that does enclosed trailer repairs
,I have 1 small hole in each of the back panels that are on the ramp door

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Corky, Bob Jones.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Norwalk already announced they are racing 1/8 mile today.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Ended up being a pretty nice day today. Some sun and warmed up nicely.

Car was hooking and leaving nice and oh look first round. Launch and bang...tripped the inertia switch on fuel pump. That was a new one for me. Banging Head

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It was nice for the track to beat Mother Nature for a change. Good job by the PRP crew to keep the program moving and making sure everything got done.

Ed... say it with me: C4! Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

Ed... say it with me: C4! Big Grin

Boring Big Grin

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Points are posted.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Serious question - I have a serious "wobble" at the top end of the track after I lift my foot off the accelerator and before I hit the brakes. It continues till I slow the car significantly...seriously scary. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this? Front shock settings, rear shock settings, alignment (although it was supposedly aligned before I bought it), four link set up, etc. It is straight going down the track under power, but is a handful at the top end.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of wvdragracer
posted Hide Post
My Camaro did that in the past, check & see how much preload is in right rear, & check rear shocks. I bent a rear housing years ago. Kept Losing preload! After adding the preload back & losing it again, I took apart & found that housing was bending. It was stock ford 9" housing, with no backbrace. A buddy of mine recently had a similar issue & found that rear shocks where shot.

Posts: 19 | Location: Mannington WV | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I think I may have found the problem. Plan to check the alignment but the front shocks are QA1s and were set on the loosest setting. I have stiffened the shocks and will see what it acts like next time out.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Check to make sure the pinion bearings aren't bad. Grab the yoke, you can leave the D.S. bolted in, and make sure there's no front to back movement.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
will do...thanks.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Heads up to everyone that uses Route 22. I just found out that there are lane restrictions on Route 22 starting at Route 66 and going east. Traffic will be restricted to 1 lane in each direction, 24 hours a day, through August 14.

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Heads up to everyone that uses Route 22. I just found out that there are lane restrictions on Route 22 starting at Route 66 and going east. Traffic will be restricted to 1 lane in each direction, 24 hours a day, through August 14.

HOLY CRAP. That will be a major bummer.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ed, win lights aren't boring... Just sayin boring though I would recommend a 2 speed!

Posts: 1 | Location: the finish line | Registered: April 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nice turn out last weekend. Track was great and the program moved smooth.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post