DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Best place to by alcohol this year?
Friends are looking to by some for their juniors might be better to just pick up a drum.
Thanks

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
We sell Alcohol Steve, and deliver, or pick up at my parents house, right down the road from the track.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mark Romeo,

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark I knew you guys used to - didn't know if you still were anymore.
Can you Pm me a drum price, and when you guys are getting some?

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
PM Sent

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
If anyone needs fuel, we will be selling Methanol again,as of now a drum will be $165, if you buy 2 barrels or more the price goes down. We also have race fuel available, but we don't stock it, so it must be ordered ahead of time, 110, 112, 114, 116 PM for race gas pricing. All fuel is available as whole drums only, we don't sell by the gallon.

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify, it's the date that they are concerned with (2000). The M rated helmets are still acceptable???.

quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
From the PRP site:

Tech rule additions and chassis certification information
03-18-2015

Attention all racers, here are some additions to the IHRA tech rules that everyone needs to be aware of for the 2015 season:

Helmets: All classes must have Snell 2000 or newer. Snell 95 helmets ARE NOT PERMITTED IN ANY ET BRACKET CLASS.

Headers: Must have 4 welded tabs on collectors and 4 tabs on primary tubes - OR - A tethering device may be made from minimum 1/8” steel cable and T bolt clamps or muffler clamps with locking fasteners

Chassis certification is required if you are quicker than 9.00 seconds in the ¼ mile (6.00 second in the 1/8th mile), or faster than 150mph.
There will be chassis certification at PRP on Saturday, April 11th; you must reserve a spot on the schedule. Cash only, $75 Sportsman (3 year tag, 7.50 cert), $100 Pro (2 year tag, 6.00 cert).
The owner or driver must be present to sign paperwork. Appointments are every 15 minutes; contact tech@pittsburghracewaypark.com to schedule.

Note: Engine diapers are eventually going to be mandatory on all race only cars (street driven cars will be exempt from the requirement). PRP is currently working with a company to obtain a bulk order, which would enable the diapers to be offered to racer at a discounted price for a limited time. The number one reason for them is racer safety, as we have all seen what can happen when fluids get under the tires. It will also help us minimize down time in the program, which benefits racers and fans. No one likes to watch the Oil Dry Nationals!

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Date.

Not sure why anyone would still be using a 95 helmet. As they expired back in 2007. Even a 2000 would be technically expired. Surprised IHRA uses that year in current rule book. As NHRA it is a 2005 and up.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
omg hahahaha

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
I think the engine diaper is a great idea. They are cheap enough now that there should be no reason not to have one. I think there are a few other rules that you would have more gripes with than this.

It may be a pain at first, trying to figure out the best way to go, but from what I've read in the Tech section, manufactures will work with you to make custom ones. I am thankful that when I blew up the 455, it was at the top of first gear, not second or third. That may have become an OH SH!!!!!T moment, that a diaper could prevent.

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone,

We will be selling alcohol and race gas again for the upcoming racing season. The price for alcohol with lube will be $165.00. We also offer 110, 112, 114 and 116 by order only ( Drums only not by the gallon). Call or text 724-331-1034 for alcohol or race gas orders/ current pricing on race gas. Most competitive pricing in the area. Gas and alcohol can be picked up in New Alexandria,PA only 2 miles from the track (Makes it easy to pick it up on the way to track or go to track drop trailer and then pick up. We will be available Saturday mornings until roughly 1:30 for pickup.

Thanks

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

Posts: 47 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I was unable to make the racers meeting today, was there anything new that wasn't discussed at the banquet a couple of weeks ago?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I think the engine diaper is a great idea. They are cheap enough now that there should be no reason not to have one. I think there are a few other rules that you would have more gripes with than this.

It may be a pain at first, trying to figure out the best way to go, but from what I've read in the Tech section, manufactures will work with you to make custom ones. I am thankful that when I blew up the 455, it was at the top of first gear, not second or third. That may have become an OH SH!!!!!T moment, that a diaper could prevent.

Reread it, and that is hysterical.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
If my vehicle only has an NHRA cert, not IHRA cert, will PRP honor this cert?

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Just saw this on the PRP site, pretty cool:

In bracket racing news, Pittsburgh Raceway Park is very pleased to announce that Latrobe Auto Group is now the Modified class sponsor! Located at 1595 Mission Road in Latrobe, a dealership for both Chevy and Ford, as well as pre-owned cars and trucks, Latrobe Auto Group has the sales, servicing, parts, and even financing you need! Visit them online at http://www.latrobeautogroup.com/

And in Top class, the winner's purse has been increased to $1000!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
tell me more about ihra chassis certs and prp!!please..rumor has it nhra certs will not be honored is this true?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Tech Questions / Chris
tech@pittsburghracewaypark.com

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Do the evac hoses count as collector tethers? Big Grin
I have had a diaper on my car for years and think they should charge the guys who don't run one more money at the gate. big idea

As long as they are approved nhra safety hoses.

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DILLIGAF 1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Do the evac hoses count as collector tethers? Big Grin
I have had a diaper on my car for years and think they should charge the guys who don't run one more money at the gate. big idea

^^^^^OMG that is funny. Can you tell me what page that can be found on the rule book?

Posts: 11 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: September 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

don't give those rat-bazztards in Glendora any ideas, Bob

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doorman:
If my vehicle only has an NHRA cert, not IHRA cert, will PRP honor this cert?

Chassis certification clarification
04-02-2015
There has been some confusion regarding chassis certification, and what is accepted. Simply put, current IHRA chassis certification is required for all entries that are quicker than 9.00 in the 1/4 mile. It is the responsibility of the owner/driver to have current certification. Sportsman (7.50 and up, blue tag) is good for 3 years from the date issued, and Pro (7.50 and quicker, maroon tag) is good for 2 years from the date issued. Chassis certifications are still being scheduled for Saturday, April 11, and now also for Sunday, April 12.

Please refer to pages 72 (chassis certification), 105 (chassis certification information), and 108 (insurance information) in the IHRA rulebook. The link is below.

http://www.ihra.com/competition/itemlist/category/123

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
so prp will 'NOT' HONOR NHRA CHASSIS CERTS?is that correct? Hum

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post