DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Went to the funeral home yesterday. So many people there. I haven't seen so many tears in a very long time. That tells you something about how so many people felt about Carmen.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The funeral home was packed Thursday night too, and the funeral as well. Nice piece in the Post Gazette on Friday:
Carmen

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Tip of the cap to Markie Brewer, and everyone supporting the Thinking of Nikki Foundation.

We just wanted to give an update on the fundraising for the Thinking of Nikki Foundation. Mike's Auto Body Top Class champion Mark Brewer has given it a bog boost. He donated half of his championship money to the Foundation, and it, coupled with the continued generosity of so many people, has pushed the total to $3,000! Thank you to everyone for your support! And, with this total, it means Chuck Turocy will shave his beard all the way off, for the first time in over a decade, Matt Cadamore will be shaving his beard off, and Bob Brehm will shave his goatee off at the bracket finals!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Question for locals. Have to have wife at mcgees woman hospital tomorrow at 7:30 if we plan on being at hospital at 7 will I miss most of the traffic? Thanks

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Tom, I think traffic wise you should be ok, as you don't have to go through a tunnel. I'm not out that way to say for sure though. I'm guessing you'll have a slow down around Cranberry, and then around town, but I think everything should keep moving. Parking in Oakland may be your biggest issue, hopefully there is a garage right next to the hospital.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
im going to be that guy.. what is up with the $13.00 gate fee ?does a racer pay that also plus the entry? Hum

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't know who else would be paying the gate fee but I won't be. Would like to come down there some more but those type of expenses just don't make sense.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
^^^ the $13.00 gate fee is subtrated from the entree fee......pay $13 at the gate and pay $32.00 at the pay window once in the track ($45.00 top and mod you do the math for the other classes).......does not cost anymore to race this year than it did last year. sounds crazy but doing it this way saves the track a bunch of money, so i heard.

Posts: 39 | Location: 3rd rock | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a win for those who want to double enter....

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
^^^^ pretty sure there would be a "gate fee" for each class entered. maybe someone with more info than me can post about the gate fee....i am going on 3rd or 4th hand info

Posts: 39 | Location: 3rd rock | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILL BARR:
Sounds like a win for those who want to double enter....

if-true, very smart

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So is the general spectator admission now going to be $13 ?

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andamo:
So is the general spectator admission now going to be $13 ?

Yes

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
On page 27 of the calendar, all the prices and classes are listed.
http://pittsburghracewaypark.com/2015.pdf

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of camhead
posted Hide Post
thanks mark, didn't see the info any where on the website and was wondering what people were referring to about paying at the gate and at the pay window. the calendar says 13 at the gate and credentials 37 for mod and top, which would mean the price was increased to 50. am i reading this correctly?

Posts: 9 | Location: Pa | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Yeah, thats correct as far as I know.

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Looks like Quaker City raised spectator fee also, think its a bad idea.

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ticket increases are never going to be welcomed by anyone. However, it definitely feels counter productive in a time where tracks are looking for new fans and racers that they would raise ticket prices.

Any idea if the "carload for $XX" is still in effect? The more people inside the gates, the more people buying food/etc.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A39Coronet:
However, it definitely feels counter productive in a time where tracks are looking for new fans and racers that they would raise ticket prices.

The more people inside the gates, the more people buying food/etc.

I agree with these two statements for sure. That said, expenses sure aren't going down.

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Spectators don't really cost the track anything but they sure can make the track a lot of money if you get enough of them. Racer on the other hand cost the track money and even when you get a lot of them it cost the track more for being open longer to finish the race so I would of put my effort into attracting more spectators and increasing the price isn't going to do that.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post