DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I've been ordering parts and working on Ash's car in the garage Smile

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I am excited to see her race too, Bob. That will be awesome.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
jesse,
PM me. I have a buddy who has a great starter car.

Bob,
Did you buy a local car??

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Wow I sold a lot of parts this last week, thanks everyone, while were on the juniors - anyone looking to step up to 7.90s next year in a Junior? I have our spare Motor with 33 passes for sale, a 3.5" Terminator Motor.

I loved the juniors and TRC while I'm certainly not the best tuner out there, I like to think I learned a few things over the years. If anyone needs any help getting a junior and or a Jr. combo ready for 2015 feel free to give me a shout.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILL BARR:
jesse,
PM me. I have a buddy who has a great starter car.

Bob,
Did you buy a local car??

Thx pm sent

Posts: 1436 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve from Pa:
I loved the juniors and TRC while I'm certainly not the best tuner out there, I like to think I learned a few things over the years. If anyone needs any help getting a junior and or a Jr. combo ready for 2015 feel free to give me a shout.

I believe this is in direct violation of our contract!!

All kidding aside, Steve is being VERY modest. I would encourage anyone who is thinking about getting into this class to take him up on this offer and pick his brain.

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Who's in for GobbleFest on Saturday? Rich and I were going to double up in the Ram, but Kyle has soccer games, and I'm on the mic. Always a lot of fun.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I guess only people named "Mike" were allowed to win on Saturday:

2014 season comes to an end
11-24-2014
The red light and "closed" status on the top right corner of the site will be on for a little over 4 months, until the 2015 season kicks off. The 2014 season wrapped up with the 3rd annual GobbleFest race, and of course, Mother Nature had to exert her influence one more time in 2014. After a week of mid Janaury-like temps, the forecast for Saturday was decent, mid 40s and sun, turning cloudy. The, uh, witch couldn't let that happen, and sprinkled freezing rain around the area. That caused a little delay in the start of the action, and a switch to 1/8th mile, but couldn't diminsh the enthusiasm of all the racers who came out to have some fun. At the end of race #1, with the index set at 24.68, Mike Barnyk finished the year the way it started, getting the win. He and his timekeeper, Jacob Benish, picked up the win with his Ford pick up over Dave and Mary Lou Norris in their Jeep SRT. After a great lunch of turkey and all the trimmings from the Lamplighter, plus some pizza and hot dogs from Carmen's Cafeteria, with the food coma and the triptophan kicking in, the tree was changed from .500 bracket to .400 bracket for race #2, and the index 26.78. With no deep staging allowed, the challenge got a little tougher, but many racers adjusted well. In another 6 round race, Mike Kopko and his shotgun rider Kayla in their Pontiac G6 came out on top over Nick Bowman and Samantha in his Dodge Ram pick up. Congratulations to all, and thank you for coming out and having some fun.

Here are some dates already on the schedule for 2015:

January 23-25 - World of Wheels car show, David L. Lawrence Convention Center, downtown Pittsburgh, PA. http://autorama.com/

February 28 - 2014 season racer's banquet, Rizzo's Malabar Inn, Crabtree. Details to come

March 21 - Keystone Raceway Hall of Fame induction banquet, Rizzo's Malabar Inn, Crabtree. Details to come

September 30-October 4 - IHRA Division 3 North Star Bracket Finals (NEW DATES FOR 2015)

October 9, 10, 11 - Ghosts, Goblins, and Gearheads

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving from the Cadamore's. Have a great day.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Here are some dates already on the schedule for 2015:

October 9, 10, 11 - Ghosts, Goblins, and Gearheads

Quaker City just posted their tentative 2015 schedule.

I bet you won't need 2 guesses what figure out which 3 days in October they've decided to use as the scheduled dates for their 2015 "Great Pumpkin Race".

http://www.quakercitymotorspor...nthID=10&yearID=2015

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Same dates its been every year since it was called the fall round up? Confused

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
And do you attend either of these races Triple?
Seeing the attendance quaker gets I don't see them changing their dates for their race.
Would it be nice to attend both? Yes
Would you as a track owner change your dates after getting 400 plus entries? Not
Probably only way I would attend both is if one got bumped up into September because October is hunting season and I get limited time to hunt depending on work picture.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TH383:
Same dates its been every year since it was called the fall round up? Confused

I think the Fall Round Up used to be the weekend before the Classic, call it the 3rd weekend of October. The first 2 QC Halloween races were on those weekends too.

It's a bummer for the racers, since they won't be able to attend both, but Ghosts, Goblins, and Gearheads has been on the Columbus Day weekend since 2007.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Chuck

The Fall Round up under Dan pre-2007 was early in October. In 2007, with the attempted sale of the track and changes in the program it moved the weekend before the Classic. The last 2 years for certain it moved up a week but I can't remember the original date that Greg scheduled at QCMP for Fox's.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Shawn. That's right around the time I started paying attention to other events and was able to travel a little. I can say for certain that the first Pumpkin race in 2011 was the 3rd weekend in October... I lost my voice announcing it Saturday night, and the Classic kick off was the next day.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mike Carr
posted Hide Post
2012, when I worked at QCMP, Quaker's race was October 12-14. PRP was the weekend before. I remember drinking beer with Nick Bowman (and others) at 5:30 am Saturday night (Sunday morning) after racing. Last year and this year, PRP's was a week later (same weekend as QCMP). Would be nice for everyone if they were not on the same weekend, so more racers could be at both. QC had over four hundred cars last year; could have been even bigger and better without confliction.

Mike Carr
Tri-State Stock/Stock Association President
Retired Stock/bracket racer
Facebook/Twitter: buffdaddy1302

Posts: 59 | Location: Enon Valley PA | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
With the Classic now racing a full 7 day schedule, it benefits no one to try to schedule on that weekend. I think you will also find that people will run 2 of the events with the Classic being locked in. Whether you schedule on top of each other or split it, I don't see a major change in car count at either facility.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Carr:
2012, when I worked at QCMP, Quaker's race was October 12-14. PRP was the weekend before. I remember drinking beer with Nick Bowman (and others) at 5:30 am Saturday night (Sunday morning) after racing. Last year and this year, PRP's was a week later (same weekend as QCMP).

Yep... the weekend before in 2012, October 8 (Monday) would have been Columbus Day, ie, PRP stayed consistent with their scheduling of the event.

DRR Trophy
Picture of HR1140
posted Hide Post
PRP GGG
2009- Oct. 9-11
2010- Oct. 8-10
2011- Oct. 7-9
2012- Oct. 5-7
2013- Oct. 11-13
2014- Oct. 9-12

Posts: 25 | Location: Homer City Pa. | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post