DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
What an awesome event! Just now getting around to posting. This event is just a ton of fun. The perfect weather and well run program made the weekend stress free! The match races with the Pro-Mods were fun to watch! Last but not least being around all of our racing family and friends all weekend just makes it a blast! My kids had an absolute blast trick or treating and of course winning funniest kids costume!! Winning a few bucks didn't hurt either!

Thanks to the sponsors that stepped up for this weekend and gave us an awesome Ghost Goblins and Gearheads!

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
What a list of sponsors it is, too!

A huge thank you to our Ghosts, Goblins & Gearheads Race sponsors. Their support for the weekend was invaluable, allowing us to give out the great prizes, pay the purse, give the Happy Gilmore checks, award Iron Man trophies, and give away a 5 day, 4 night trip to Las Vegas! Please support those who support us!

VP Race Fuels
Victory Automotive Group, Delmont, PA
ATI Performance Products, Baltimore, MD
93.3 The Wolf, Youngstown, OH
Gestner Automotive & Performance, Apollo, PA
Anthony L. Rosner, Attorney At Law, North Huntingdon, PA
Billy’s Pizza Shack, New Alexandria, PA
Latrobe Chevy Ford, Latrobe, PA
RJ’s Heating and Cooling, Loyalhanna, PA
Black Diamond Motorsports, Bridgeport, WV
Holiday Inn Express, Delmont, PA
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Bob Jones RV/ Jones Transmission Pumps, Eighty Four, PA
NAPA Auto Parts, Greensburg, PA
Lutty’s Chevy Warehouse, Cheswick, PA
Rizzo’s Malabar Inn, Crabtree, PA
AJ Casini Promotions / BGR Championship Series
G & S Racing Services, Avonmore, PA
Carmens Café / Ionadi Auto Sales, Verona, PA
IHRA, Norwalk, OH

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Way overdue to throw congratulations out there to Kim and Joe Fox Jr on the birth of their son last week. Congrats to Kristin and Nick Esposito on the birth of their daughter yesterday. The potential for the junior dragster class to be full of hitters in about 8 years keeps growing!

Congrats to Bob McDonough for knocking down the box gamblers last night in Norwalk! Steve Obertanec continued his hot streak, getting the win in the no box gamblers.

And it looks like Nick and Matt were having some fun in the Class C motorhome final Tuesday night!

General RV Center "Motorhome Race" Class C Motorhome Division
Winner Matt Palyas Jr 14.65 0.121 15.048 46.17
Runner-Up Nick Bowman 19.38 0.046 19.884 25.24

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Anyone looking to get another race in. Empire Dragway has a 5k on Saturday.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I broke a rod in my mopar engine on the Halloween weekend race. I am considering switching the dragster to a Chevy based motor and would like some feedback on which head you guys run and it’s performance. This would be chevy big block only….especially interested in thoughts on the brodix heads, Dart heads, Bill Mitchel heads and Profiller heads (if anyone is running them).

I have tons of mopar engine related parts for sale. The 572 from the dragster is for sale (world block, -1 indy heads, all eagle rotating, ross pistons) along with the shorty mopar glide with 1.80 straight cut gears. The 572 dyno’d at 892 HP on alcohol and 848 on gas. I also have an unassembled 493 short block with Indy-ez heads, mopar mega block, 4150 manifold.

Any chevy head info will be appreciated. If interested in some mopar engine components, or selling any BBC components feel free to contact me through this web site.

Bob Spelic

Posts: 10 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It really depends on how fast you want to go and the money you want to spend. A basic 582 with Brodix 3xtra-o 365 heads should run 7.50s/7.40's in a 4 link dragster. I have a complete 598 with the SR20 heads I would sell for $26,000 with carb and converter.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about the carnage, Bob. I hope the Chevy works out for you. Still have the Charger?

Good time at Mason Dixon for the SBRA weekend. Thanks again to my buddy Rich Penn for the use of the Trans Am. Joe Devola is THE MAN!!! Wins Friday night, runnered up on Saturday in the gamblers races, runnered up on Sunday in the main event. Congrats to Rick Clay for getting best appearing dragster.

Congrats to Joe Tharp Jr for winning Sportsman at the Halloween Classic on Sunday! Great showing by the PRP racers, Nick Bowman runnered up in the Friday High Rollers No Box gamblers, and Matt Palyas Sr runnered up in the Friday High Rollers Box gamblers. Gino Fagnilli runnered up in Top Gun on Sunday.

2014 Halloween Classic results

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Great job to all.

I still have my 1998 fleetwood flair motorhome for sale. 57k miles, 30'11" class A with 454 vortec. Hitch is reinforced for towing. Contact me if interested. 11,500

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
PRP site and FB page are showing tomorrow's test and tune has been postponed to Sunday. Looking forward to seeing Rich Penn's son Kyle make his first passes in the junior dragster. Good way to spend the day before the Vegas race and the Steelers game come on.

DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
Well Chuck didnt make sunday but were loaded and ready for saturday,Kyle is super pumped to go down the track,no sports this weekend other than an early basketball practice at 900 to 1000 am.so pleeeease mother nature beeee god for saturday.He did sopme practice laps in the culdesec yesterday,and on the last run up the street got on it hard,you couldnt wipe that smile from his face,i asked him did that feel good he said ohhhhh yeah lol

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I can just imagine how big he was cheesin' on that. I really hope the weather cooperates for this weekend. Time for you to join http://www.jrdragsterplus.com/phpBB2/ Rich!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
3rd annual GobbleFest is in 2 weeks! Catered Thanksgiving style lunch in between race 1 and 2, rsvp required - email Pam or Amber (addresses on the flyer). This is a lot of fun, good way to wrap up the season.

DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
Chuck we gona double up on the truck again

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
I saw on Facebook that Walt Siler passed away. Godspeed Walt, you will be missed by many.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
Had an awesome day with Kyle andJaden at the track,so looking foward to next year the boy was cracking a couple of god lights allready

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear of Walt's passing.

Rich, you know I'm down to double it up. That was awesome seeing Kyle and Jaden both get all their runs in for their licenses. I still think you and Dave were cheesin' bigger than the boys were. And I think it's great that not only is there 2 more junior dragster racers, but also that Samantha's car and Thomas' car are staying in the PRP family.

DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
I COULDNT BELIEVE ON KYLES 3RD AND 4TH PASS HE WAS .025 AND .002.DEFINATLY TAKES AFTER THE OLD MAN LOL

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
anyone know of a jr for my sons? Been looking around...

Thanks

Configuration: 3350#, 582 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.53@ 126MPH
1/4 - 8.73@ 159MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

Posts: 1438 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I said it many times, until you experience it, you will not ever believe how much fun it is "standing" on the starting line.

......man I'm going to miss racing juniors

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Jesse, if I see anything pop up in FB from the local racers, I'll post it up here.

Steve, I can only imagine. It was really cool to see Kyle and Jaden make their passes, and how into it Rich and Dave are. Great stuff for sure.