DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank You Steve, it was a pretty good weekend!

Posts: 50 | Location: brackenridge pa | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Is anyone else noticing a pretty big 1/4 mile MPH difference lane to lane - like 4 mphHum
The 1000' mph seems very close.
The 1/4 Et seems to make sense but we are way faster Mph in the Lt lane, almost unbelievable mph. I'm assuming there is something on the front end of ours catching the one MPH clock that is not catching the other, just wondered if anyone has seen this?
thanks

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve from Pa:
Is anyone else noticing a pretty big 1/4 mile MPH difference lane to lane - like 4 mphHum
The 1/4 Et seems to make sense but we are way faster Mph in the Lt lane, almost unbelievable mph. I'm assuming there is something on the front end of ours catching the one MPH clock that is not catching the other, just wondered if anyone has seen this?
thanks

For few years for me. Only at 1/4. 1/8 and 1000' are same lane to lane. I even raised front of car with no change at 1/4. About 3-4 mph difference.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know the schedule for august 15, 16, and 17th? Whats going on? If it is a bracket race that my family can participate in instead of a rock concert then I will tow my equipment to the track and set up camp. On PRP,s web it just say's tbd. Its only 3 weeks away. Why is it a big secret? It makes a big difference to me and my family because we have 4 racers and it becomes quite pricy to tow down for only one race. Why do they wait until a week before to post the changes? Why is everyone afraid to voice there opinion or ask a simple question on here?

I just want to live while Im alive

Posts: 44 | Location: in your closet | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I know for sure there will be no concert, just as there was no concert in June.

I don't think there's any secret going on. Greg won't make it a points day for sure, since it was never on the calendar/schedule.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Those dates are the days we have to move our trailers out under the pit space contract. Do we still have to move or has that changed? There's no mention of this on PRP's web or facebook. There is very little notices or info on either of these sites and I am not the only one concerned, there has been numerous complaints about the lack of or last minute info and the only reply you get is that your stirring the pot or causing trouble.

I just want to live while Im alive

Posts: 44 | Location: in your closet | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Nope, with the concert off, you don't have to move trailers for the weekend of August 15-17.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
Rolling Rolling Car

This message has been edited. Last edited by: doorman,

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve from Pa:
thanks

Steve, I have not seen a difference in MPH except when I'm on the brakes hard or sometimes even when I'm ripping it and the nose starts bouncing and I catch the beam with the nose. I would probably say if you take the stripe catcher off the nose of the car you will see the mph difference go away.

I will say this though. I catch the beam with the nose now way more then I ever have in the past. Im guessing one is a little higher then it use to be but that doesnt mean its not within spec either.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Here is what I've been able to get so far:

details on the T/S T/D race on the 10th.

Questions like, 1/8th or 1/4 or 1000ft? 1000'

How many cars per class. All run

Is there a min dial? TS=6.90, TD=6.70

IHRA Pro Am/Nitro Jam rules apply to all classes, including the Rod/.90 classes. As soon as I get more I'll post it.

Chuck, as far as you know, is this still the correct info for aug 23rd?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tony, bring that thing out to quaker this week end.we are always a little light on door cars. 2000.00 to win in the quick 16.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I would love to Mr. K, but I need to pull a head and do a little maintenance

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Chuck, as far as you know, is this still the correct info for aug 23rd?

Yes, Tony.

quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
I would love to Mr. K, but I need to pull a head

Hey Beavis, you said.....

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nothin better than some tuning and seat in that thing. Come on out to ohio and bring some buddies with you.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
He doesn't have a chance at qualifying so leave him alone.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Smile

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Is the night at the races event broken out as 10.00+ is no box and 9.99- is box, or is it only a time break?

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Only a time break. Boxes allowed in both.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS? No No
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Only a time break. Boxes allowed in both.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
100%. It's the way Night at the Races has always been. Classes are split by elapsed time, not box/no box.