DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
thanks,now whats the payout for q16???

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
censoreding rain,guess its good for the guy on top of the points!!being that we might never get to race again...but on a better note.its gonna be nice all next week till friday!!! Banging Head

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
I understand that the lights will NOT be on for the test n tune on thursday. They are now calling it "the headlite Drags"

And with all the DOT checks on 22 the pull overs may open up some interesting conversations.
Obviously ....

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
thanks,now whats the payout for q16???

If you win? 2 timing blocks, slightly abused. Big Grin

$800 win, $250 runner up, $100 semis I believe.

You're not kidding about the censored censoreding rain. I can't even blame it on Barry anymore. Mother Nature is simply being a censored censored

I'm still thinking dry thoughts though. Christine, we need your anti rain dance!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I agree. This rain is getting ridiculous. I can't believe it's every weekend. This pattern has got to brake sooner or later.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dont worry people. I work again in two weeks for the weekend. thats when it will be nice for the whole weekend.

Posts: 130 | Location: greensburg pa | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck,
You guys can't blame me anymore!! It was nice for the Memorial Day bash! I am no longer responsible for the rain! I was supposed to go to Norwalk.

p.s. Great Pictures LOL..anyday now you can send em!!!
Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Lou, you're welcome to come back if you bring the sunshine. However, no more strings of double "O" lights. Deal?

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know the elevation for PRP and QC?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
PRP is listed at 1110ft
QC is 955
Beaver Springs is 515
Mason Dixon is 552
MIR is 87

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Lou, you're right, it didn't rain until I was on my way home that Monday. Maybe tell Mother Nature you're going to Norwalk again this weekend, so she leaves us alone at PRP? Tongue I'm stupid

Yeah, I'm shooting for a night this week I don't conk out on the couch before sending. Glad you're not anxious to see them.Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I tend to think the elevation of Quaker is higher than that. Years ago when it was a NHRA track, they adjusted all the times in the Super classes when they had a divisional meet because of the elevation.
Found it, Quaker is 1210'. The Drag Times figure of 955' is wrong.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andamo,

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I saw those elevations on Dragtimes, that's why I asked, they seemed a little off to me. I think the PRP elevation is wrong too.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have seen elevation listings of between 990' and 1030' for New Alexandria (not-sure where that is taken), and I've seen Keystone State Park listed at 1090':
if-true, I'd think the track is higher than either of those

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
before the change over from Keystone to PRP the eleveation was somewhere between 850 & 900
quote:
Originally posted by JoeyB:
Does anyone know the elevation for PRP and QC?

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If anyone has a GPS in their car and is at the track, the GPS should show elevation.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Im think dry thoughts this weekend also. We might get wet in the afternoon but I dont think it will be a wash out, and with the high temp it should help dry things out if we get wet.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
thats what i was thinking mikey!!

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
im hoping we will get lucky and it will miss us this time.
gonna try my best to put the car into the 9 s this weekend. so my fingers are crossed. Praying

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mikey I am with you. We are gonna get a passing shower but nothing to end the day. Have my fingers crossed. Praying

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post