DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Such vehemence? These posts are not even close to vehemence. I look at it like constructive criticism. I love PRP and the racers and employees. Greg is doing a great job and I commend him. But Dion is correct. If the track advertises something they should not change it. Another one of the things I thought that wasn't right was changing the points start date. It bothered me and I'm not even in the points. But I have an opinion just like everyone else. And of course, they have the option of not hearing it. Offering entry money back is not good enough. If someone is coming to race at our track and they're traveling a fair amount to get there, they don't want to hear, "we changed things. This is how it's going to be. Do you want your money back?" That's not good business. If it were me, I'd be pissed and offended. And these guys(most of them anyway) are not ragging on our track. They're not happy and they're simply stating how they feel. Bader would say that these guys are our best customers. It's those customers that we need to use to gauge how the track is doing, not us regulars.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
ive never seen so many cry babies. all you people that are whining and werent even at the track this weekend can go jump off a bridge. youre just bored with your lives and wanna start ****t. everyone should be happy that someone is actually making an effort to make prp a better place to race and be happy we even have a track to go to. as for the people that wanna race at bsd rather than prp....go have fun with your .100 lights there. maybe people actually like you there. OH and this is JMO

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
There are a couple things I wonder about this past weekend. I didn't go because of the cost. We have always attended the Memorial Day weekend. By we I am talking about many members of my family as well as friends that don't race, especially on Saturday. Saturday was always the date for exhibition cars and fireworks. I could not for the life of me figure out why that stuff was moved to Friday. I was at the meeting in late May and have to say I was shocked when Greg gauranteed the Memorial day purse. IMO too much can go wrong in the race track business to guarantee that much $ for any weekend that early.

Posts: 20 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: August 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I agree that it should have been a payout structure on the flier for the car counts. On the other side, the Jr's did meet the car count that was figured except for Monday and the purse was adjusted just for that day.

We had a great time all weekend and would do it again in a heartbeat. It was great to meet some new people and see some old friends. Some of the best times at the track don't even happen racing on the track IMO.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
now wait a min.are you talking about me matt??i had a awsome 100 light??and i hate bsd.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
You guys are acting like we raced for nothing.. Friday was paid, Saturday was paid and the shoot-outs, then sunday ya it was adjusted but still paid good money, and trust me Monday was still good money. I understand not everyone can afford this event but something like this was asked for over the past couple years so Greg come up with the best way he could to do it for us the racers, and now there are people signing up on this site to bash the race that never even came or gave the race a chance.

Dion, you say the track cant take critism, well this is not the track on here its "US", nobody except for racers got on and started this.

Greg is my dad but "I" am still a racer thats standing up for my track that tried doing something GREAT for us. We all got a lot of money in these cars dont matter if its a new dragster or a 12 or 13 second street car we still need somewhere to race

Congrats to all the winner and runner ups especially Slick and his Bro on Sunday, and Lou for your awesome showing and not bringing the rain with ya this time

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
not you prest

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
All I can say is how many of the racers that did show up for the race do you think will come back for another one knowing that things can be changed without prior notice?I wouldn't have drove 4 hours from Norwalk to PRP to pay those fees to race for a cut purse if I knew in advance but was already there so figured might as well gie it a go.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
? did the show cars get paid. how about the people with the fire works no one came to see?
make this affordable again and we will come ( family- friends and racers ) i tried to get people to come up all weekend and the first thing everyone ask is how much is it to get in.last year i was bored went to watch the demo derby (just up the road from prp )the place was packed.i tought the event was really dumb but ill go back it was cheap and i had fun

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
back me up YENICA

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
All I can say is how many of the racers that did show up for the race do you think will come back for another one knowing that things can be changed without prior notice?I wouldn't have drove 4 hours from Norwalk to PRP to pay those fees to race for a cut purse if I knew in advance but was already there so figured might as well gie it a go.

Think about it for a minute... Sunday, out of 110 racers there were four people affected by the adjustment. 1st and 2nd place from each class. Monday was the same. I was extremely fortunate to be one of them on Monday. At the beginning of the day, I could win 2500. If I chose to not split, I could have taken home a possible 2250. My and my competitors' choice to split.

7 rounds for 2250?

I took home a lot of money this weekend, and I am greatful that the track offered the opportunity.

I hope all of everybody's bit ching for the whole summer doesn't F up our chances for another event of the same.

As far as the entry fees, shootout races. I think it's A fair price, but tough times are definitely a factor. Those that were short on money still raced a day or two or three. And I'm sure they had a good time.

Keep in mind how far the nearest tracks are. I would like to see PRP hang around for a while. Thanks Mike, Cindy, Carmen, Greg and all of the staff for hanging in there!!!

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i know for me, it was just out of my budget for all the more seat time i have so far in the car.
but i am planning on being there for the labor day bash.
i feel that greg is doing a great job with this being his first full season at the helm.
he also said if you have any questions or problems, contact him directly.
that IMO is someone that is trying his best to hear every side and putting all options on the table.
i know a lot sit back and read other tracks threads on here and say " what a bunch of idiots" when they read all the b!tching and bashing. well............... i really dont want them to be thinking that about prp. do you ?

i know the reasoning for me to go to BSD this past weekend was my budget and seat time.
i made 15 passes, went out 2nd round sat. with a 010 red, out sunday 2nd round with a 010 green but lost at the stripe and out first round monday with a 007 red.(still trying to get use to the box.)

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
The only thing that really gets me is this...the complaining and critiquing is coming from people that didn't give the race a shot. If you were there and had a problem see Greg. If you weren't there, then in my opinion there is no comment needed about that race. Now as far as the suggestions go for future races, thats great and I would actually agree to keep the family aspect we need to move to more affordable races. Low entry, decent payback especially in the early rounds, as has been said only 1-2 people see the benefits of the high payout. Multi-day races are great fun and a lot of very capable racers missed out on this one. I just get tired of the constant beating that PRP/Greg take much of it uncalled for. There are far worse places that we could be racing, we have a clean, friendly, and safe environment to race in. The track isn't perfect, and I can't name any that are perfect. There is something about everywhere that can be critiqued.

BTW...From Thursday until Sat evening I made by my count about 30 passes down the track...

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
For those young ones on here like Scott, Mark who may not have seen the movie 20yrs ago might not understand this but i am sure Tony and others can see the relevance to the lines below..

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
[thinks hard]
Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
[runs out, alone; then returns]
Bluto: What the **** happened to the delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these *******s. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.
D-Day: Let's do it.
Bluto: *Let’s do it*!

Bill Turk

Posts: 178 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Thats the best line ever....

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well Matt, I assume you're talking about my Dad or I with that comment (the 0.100 light fits the description perfectly!) since he mentioned BSD. I will make it clear that I think EVERYBODY wants PRP to succeed, have tons of cars, etc, etc etc. I also think EVERYBODY knows that Greg is trying hard to do best for the racers. Also it doesn't matter at all what I think about the payout because I was first round fodder (yes thats right, even though it wasnt quite our thing, we showed up to try to support the track) personally I would have a hard time knowningly letting someone take a bath for a raceday cost at my expense.

It's really a shame that it comes down to personal attacks instead of what can we do to help the track. That being said nothing either me or my dad has said was ever meant to be personal, nor do i think we have ever stated it that way. Greg, Scott, and AJ all know what our opinion is and i do really appreciate them taking the time to ask. But if the conversations and suggestions aren't wanted or welcome, that's ok too, if that's the case we can go somewhere else, and the 5 paid for pit spots can sit empty at PRP. Wave

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
and Matt, if that wasnt at us, disregard the above post Big Grin

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bill Truby's great camerawork is up on the PRP site from the weekend:

http://photos.pittsburghracewa...id=11940858&mt=Photo

REMINDER to all points racers - Sunday June 13 is the correct make up day in June. It is NOT June 6

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I just took a few minutes to check out Bill Truby's pics from the weekend... wow, he does awesome work. Thanks Bill, for all hard work you put in! Great shots!
not worthy not worthy Kekl Pics

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Cool pics. I had a good time this weekend. Good to see some of my out of town friends at the race as well. Good job to everyone that made teh payout window.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post