DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Uh... Hank... what more could the track do to fill the race? It was on the PRP homepage, it was on the flyer blast from DRR, it was in the weekly e-newsletters. All clearly stated the deadline, and ways to enter.

Sure, I'd like to run for a little more $$, and wish that more racers had gotten in to fill the no box shootout. But the blame rests squarely on those who put off entering and missed the deadline, not the track.

If there are shootouts for the Labor Day weekend, betcha they fill up quickly.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turk:
Bill Truby could you please change/update your profile name as people are confusing your postings with mine as your profile name says Bill T!!!! See the posting below.. My profile goes by Turk on here but when they see Bill T in the profile or postings they think its me also. Wow you could me in alot of trouble on here..

Thanks..

bill t
DRR Trophy
Posted May 27, 2010 11:31 AM Hide Post
Bill T

Maybe I can get my brother Bill to sign up also, and format his screen name like mine. Big Grin Laughing

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck, glad to know you got my back!!

Bill Turk

Posts: 177 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck,
Responded to the Advanced thread. All I know is that last year before the American Race Car Dragster race.. I had people offering twice what I payed for the entry. If they would have let people enter the field after they got to the track I guarantee they would have been full!
Just an opinion.....still mad I have to work Friday and Saturday!!!!

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
again JMO i think when races didnt fill up "i" would have held it open till it did..specially seeing for some reason it was only local hitters who were signing up.with the exception of me of course i suck.again "jmo"..whats the race gonna be now??16 entrys for what??thanks..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I hear you BillP. It was jmo also. I'm not sure what the purse structure is now, but I'm sure Greg will let us know what's going on. And we're going to have a great weekend of racing.
Smile

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck - you guys have done a great job of what you had to work with as far as advertising goes, but (coming from someone who has been running websites for yrs) you have to understand that there is only a VERY SMALL "SELECT" amount of people who go to the website, use the internet and read drag review AND even if they look at the webpage, most of the time they are NOT reading everything. You see that the same 10 people post on these websites and the small others watch and read. A race like this needs to build clientele over the course of yrs! Be open the first year and fill the races and next yr and people will remember and sign up earlier. and one other thing WHO THE HELL IS SLICK RICK????? SCARED?????? I wanna race this dude!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Uh... Hank... what more could the track do to fill the race? It was on the PRP homepage, it was on the flyer blast from DRR, it was in the weekly e-newsletters. All clearly stated the deadline, and ways to enter.

Sure, I'd like to run for a little more $$, and wish that more racers had gotten in to fill the no box shootout. But the blame rests squarely on those who put off entering and missed the deadline, not the track.

If there are shootouts for the Labor Day weekend, betcha they fill up quickly.

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE] and one other thing WHO THE HELL IS SLICK RICK????? SCARED?????? I wanna race this dude!!!! [QUOTE]

Joey could this bring you out of retirement?

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Josh Rietscha for winning the Gamblers race last night at PRP over Matt Obertanic. Both guys were driving great all night and got their long weekend started off right.

Kevin Romeo in the Verland sponsored dragster of Bob Jones was the lone semi-finalist.

Things will be heating up tonight as Day 1 of the Memorial Bash Weekend start. The show starts at 7PM. Racing begins at 4PM and gates open at 2PM.

The Box and No-Box classes will be running for 1K a piece.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Kimmy Whalen-Murdock!
Ice Cream Party

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We don,t have a dog in this hunt but you only need 11 in no box and 15 in box, why wouldn`t you keep selling until race day? To have a deadline 2 days before the race dosen`t work in this climate the way our spring weather has been. I think it would be a lot better for the racers and the tracks image to put on the race with the fields filled and the purse as advertised. The box/nobox big dollar races don,t suit our style or our bugdet racing as a family so we decided to pursue other options. We really hope you fill the house and we wish everybody the best of luck and have a SAFE race day!!!!!

I just want to live while Im alive

Posts: 44 | Location: in your closet | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
As an aside I will have Brad Penn oil available this weekend. 10w30 and 20w50.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck and AJ, So far everything looking good for the Motorhome to make the trip this afternoon. I just have a few more items to get in the storage compartments.
Looking forward to a relaxing weekend of watching the cars run down the track.
Hope to be there around 5pm or sooner.

Posts: 27 | Location: Muncie, IN | Registered: September 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Very cool the show should be sweet tonight. Have a safe trip out. See you later today.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i need a cpl quarts of that brad penn 20-50,,delivered accros the track asap..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Chuck! Big Grin

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bill if you need it I will be there around 230 today and can get you some. Just let me know what you need.

Happy Birthday Kim.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jseneca:
and one other thing WHO THE HELL IS SLICK RICK????? SCARED?????? I wanna race this dude!!!! [QUOTE]

Come on Joe...hop out of retirement and come on over. I plan on recieving but whoopins all weekend...come join in on the fun.

Posts: 776 | Location: In a winners circle near you. | Registered: November 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
dont poke the "Baehr". seen a couple times what he can do Car

Posts: 50 | Location: brackenridge pa | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I think I am gonna double up on sunday with box and no-box to try getting a round against that Slick Rick and send him on his way! Wink

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post