DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
First of all, the 32 car shootout for Box is Saturday evening...AFTER regular racing. Then Sunday morning BEFORE the regular race. Not to mention the fact that the looks of it are a 16 car race, how long will that take?

I dunno, look how long it took to get to first round on the first day of points two weeks ago! And the program didn't have any major oil downs or run dial for dollars. Partially to blame was all the additional classes that were run (diesel, pro-mod, etc).

As far as payout is concerned everyone does realize that only one person is going to win, right? Over 75% of the racers will not even get there entry fee back. High payout for winning doesn't seem to motivate racers and that seems to be the reason I would think. Me personally, I hardly ever look at payout to decide where and when to race. Low entry fee, sometimes. My concern usually when going somewhere is if I'll actually be doing much, you know, racing!

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
I've raced at quite a few tracks and after two years of living in the Pittsburgh area I can honestly say that the staff at PRP seem to do everything they can to complete the show and offer a competitive payout. This race is not the Ten K at Norwalk...but then again there aren't 800 cars either and it won't be 4AM when were done. I'll be the Sat-Mon and I feel for the money it's well worth it. If the car works with no issues (new bullet) and they allow late entery's for the shootout I may be interested.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
BTW, just in case I'm sounding too negative. I believe that PRP traction is absolutely awesome and second to none. Keith does an outstanding job with the track!

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Today is the day of the start of the big race weekend for some guys and I want to thank everyone in advance who is coming. I have firm confirmation from families coming from as far as Michigan, New York and Kentucky. I am personnally going to do everything I can to make this a fun filled family weekend,Friday nights show is gonna be the super charged warriors along with the wheel standing Fire truck and the paddy wagon topping the night off with fireworks,also added in sat after shootout race there will be a band under the pavillion, and as mentioneed I believe a few fellow racers will be putting on a practice tree race sunday evening. I am getting very excited about this holiday weekend and thank Mother Nature for finally tapping out and giving me this sunny filled 70 degree weekend to share the holiday with all the racing family that will be participating. I am expecting a large participation from local and traveling racers. I know around here we have not been able to get much seat time due to the fight of Mother Nature. Good Luck to all and see you at the track.

Track Manager

Posts: 104 | Location: Avonmore | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Greg, just to let you know, that I will be able to take over that job we talked about last weekend. I will be there over the weekend, so if you need me to smooth things out for you, just let me know. LOL

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keith B.:
I'M ALWAYS SHOCKED AT THE FACT THAT WHEN GIVEN WHAT WAS ASKED FOR WE CHOSE NOT TO SUPPORT IT! Sit down and figure it out. Lot of money being put up and paid out in both the bash and shootout. entry fees are not to high and payout is good. Greg is busti his butt to make something nice for all of us and if we chose not to support it then maybe someday we won't have it. Keysone/PRP has always had a reputation for bending or changing rules because of complaints. When rules are set they should be followed. Given the fact that box shoot out is saturday and no box sunday it should have no effect or very little on regular racing. going to beaver, i think your missing out. Hope you have a good time. Oh ya, thats jmo.

Quoted for truth.

Over half of the season so far has been rained out. Here are 4 days of racing in which a racer can use those funds from the rainouts to get a ton of seat time. I really hope we get a great turnout, of local and out of state racers, and an absolute blast. I am like a kid on Christmas Eve, just can't wait to wake up tomorrow!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
You pansies need to be thankfull for what you have, and stop crying about the stupid chit. It is what it is. See you in the staging lanes. Smile

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck and Keith I am with you both on your comments. I understand the race isnt for everyone but its one heck of a deal PRP is putting on for its racers. I am ready to start off the weekend tonight with the TNT + Gamblers. 5 days in a row racing it will feel like racing is our job over the weekend. I am so excited, it is like Christmas Eve for a drag racer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
You pansies need to be thankfull for what you have, and stop crying about the stupid chit. It is what it is. See you in the staging lanes. Smile

Great post Obviously ...

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
S.T.F.U AND LETS GO RACING...and we all know that keith bowman is the traction GOD!!! not worthy not worthy

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have attended a couple of $5K, $10K, $5K races in the past few years at Byron Dragway in Illinois while visiting my son. The $250 entry fee for the race is competitive and in no way overpriced. When you throw in Friday for free, come on guys, it's a GREAT buy. All this for 1 tow.

The way I have seen the high roller races done (that's what Byron calls them), after the regular race they have the high roller and they pay a strict percentage back (80%). Greg has attempted a version of that but showing a payout structure which is what people around here tend to want to see. He actually responded well to the feedback he has been getting over the last couple of years.

Greg has put together a race that is competitive with any race out there, a great payout to entry ratio and "given away" a race day in an effort to get the place filled up early.

For some, the $250 entry fee is way too high and I was of that mind set before going to a few 5,10, 5 races. I now know that to race at that level, that is what they cost. These kind of races are mostly 3 to 4 day races and if you factor towing to a track 4 times and what that costs you, it doesn't take long to see the value of the 4 day race with only one tow even at a $250 entry fee.

Bob Spelic

Posts: 10 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i was speaking of the shootout races...not the reg race.when i said it was a bit high at 200..just for the record..."JMO" Sorry

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i was looking at the shootout list.for box am i correct are all the entrys local guys and girls???bp is wondering why done of the travelers entered???

Photobucket

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Donnelly:
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
First of all, the 32 car shootout for Box is Saturday evening...AFTER regular racing. Then Sunday morning BEFORE the regular race. Not to mention the fact that the looks of it are a 16 car race, how long will that take?

I dunno, look how long it took to get to first round on the first day of points two weeks ago! And the program didn't have any major oil downs or run dial for dollars. Partially to blame was all the additional classes that were run (diesel, pro-mod, etc).

As far as payout is concerned everyone does realize that only one person is going to win, right? Over 75% of the racers will not even get there entry fee back. High payout for winning doesn't seem to motivate racers and that seems to be the reason I would think. Me personally, I hardly ever look at payout to decide where and when to race. Low entry fee, sometimes. My concern usually when going somewhere is if I'll actually be doing much, you know, racing!

Only one person wins? 75% don't even get their money back? Man, why do you guys even race at all. Oh wait.. aren't ALL races this way?

Will you be doing much racing... well, there's 4 races this weekend for each box and no box if you don't join the shootouts, at an average entry of $62.50 per race if you pay the weekend $250. That's $22.50 more than you would pay to enter Mod or Top on a regular day, and race for $800, $350, $100 and $15 rd money. This weekend you race for up to $5,000 with better R/U, semi, and round money each day. And as Chuck pointed out, nobody has been spending much money racing lately thanks to Mother Nature, so there should be at least a little extra coin laying around. Is it too expensive? Come on guys. Greg is giving you everything any racer could ever ask for, and you get to race 5 days in a row if you count tonight's gambler, as Bob S said, ALL WITH ONE TOW! It's going to be a great time. Please show Greg your support, as he is working extremely hard to give you what any racer would dream of.

Just my two cents, and MHO, which is NOT necessarily the views or opinions of PRP!

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Josh Wirt:
Only one person wins? 75% don't even get their money back? Man, why do you guys even race at all. Oh wait.. aren't ALL races this way?

Exactly! Win money is not a proper motivator. So trying to sell an event to over 75% of the drivers because of win money, is flawed logic!

We race mostly for fun!

Me personally, I would rather pay double entry on a regular race day (top and mod) at $80 and get six rounds of racing guaranteed and two shots at winning then pay $62.50 on average for one class (three rounds) during any given day this weekend. Again, just my opinion.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
how is winning money not a proper motivator. in that case you should refuse a payout at the end of the night and give it back to the track since you are there "just for fun"...or better yet just go out on a test and tune night and you can make all the passes you want and stop trying to beat down a well organized good paying event.

Posts: 50 | Location: brackenridge pa | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Man - I was trying to stay out of this one...

While I like what PRP is trying to do it is not for everyone. $250 over four days isn't that bad considering the possible payout, however it IS a lot of money for me, the local racer.... even though there may be a few dollars laying around from lack of racing.

I would rather win money than not, but in the end I just want to win as many rounds as possible and enjoy doing it. my opinion....

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You're missing the point. There's more round money, more semi money, more r/u money, and more win money than in a typical race, which is why there is a slight increase in the entry, and you can race up to 5 days in a row, 6 actually for our bike guys with 2 wheel Tuesday. Why not spend a little extra and have a chance to win more, whether you go out 3rd round or win the whole thing. If you never make it past 2nd round, then yeah, you've got a point.

I see what you're saying, but it's not JUST the winner money that's more for the weekend. We couldn't possibly offer that much money to win if the entry fee was $40 per day. The track wouldn't make any money, unless we would get a ton of entries.

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Guys nobody says you have to race all 4 days. If 250 is too much. Pick what you can afford, its still good money to race for. Bill T

Posts: 23 | Location: pittsburgh pa. | Registered: December 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I completely understand your point, Tom. I'm not trying to say $250 isn't a lot of money, because it is. It's just not a lot of money for what you're being offered in return, which sounds like what you're getting at.

Again, this is all just me speaking, and doesn't reflect anything from the track or Greg or anybody but myself, Josh Wirt. I'm just sick of hearing people complain when all Greg does is try to make everything the best he possibly can and give everybody the best opportunity to race and not have to travel to another track to race an entire weekend. He's doing a hell of a job, and should be commended for it, and I hope that anyone who can afford to will support him and the track this weekend because we FINALLY have the good forecast we need, and there's a lot of money to be won! If $250 is too much because it's just a lot of money, trust me, I understand. But if you want to race, and can afford it, there's no excuse to be anywhere else this weekend!