DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i think $$$ might be bit high,if it would have been say 100 entry i think you would have seen a much better response...but thats jmo!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Josh, it doesnt show any points. I lost third round. my PR324 is being used but my S.S.S. # is BX18, thanks buddy! Get some sleep and dont forget to eat your wheaties!! its going to be a long week for you guys!! I cant wait
quote:
Originally posted by Josh Wirt:
Ron,

I'll check on those points on Thursday when I'm up in the tower again for TNT. Don't really have access to the info unless I'm up there. Is there too many points or not enough?

Posts: 26 | Location: blairsville,Pa | Registered: January 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The weather looks awesome for this weekend. I am starting my PRP 5-day tomorrow with the TNT + Gamblers.

I am hyped about this weekend 5 DAYS OF RACING!!!!!!!!!!! Car Thank you PRP. bow

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Boyce:
Thanks Josh, it doesnt show any points. I lost third round. my PR324 is being used but my S.S.S. # is BX18, thanks buddy! Get some sleep and dont forget to eat your wheaties!! its going to be a long week for you guys!! I cant wait
quote:
Originally posted by Josh Wirt:
Ron,

I'll check on those points on Thursday when I'm up in the tower again for TNT. Don't really have access to the info unless I'm up there. Is there too many points or not enough?

So does this mean I should switch you to BX18, and change all of your runs from 5/15 to be BX18 instead of PR324, and you'll be running BX18 from now on, right?

Just want to make sure I get it right, rather than changing things 2 or 3 times, haha.

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Got a couple of late night entries through Greg last night. Here is, as far as I know, the finalized list for the shootouts. As soon as I know the definite plan for the shootouts, I will let you all know.

Box:
1. Steve Hughes
2. Steve Hughes
3. Steve Hughes
4. Bill Prest Jr.
5. Scott Campbell
6. Beth Boyd
7. Rob Berschneider
8. Bill Prest Sr.
9. Jake Meinert
10. Mike Fiore
11. Bob Brehm
12. Kevin Romeo
13. Rob Berschneider
14. Jeff McDade
15. Randy Harris
16. Dale Duche
17. Nick Hanchulak

No Box:
1. AJ Casper
2. Mike Balaska
3. Brian Cireddu
4. AJ Casini
5. Scott Campbell
6. Jeff Stewart
7. Matt Cadamore
8. Bob Deniker
9. Russ Benish
10. Rick Baehr
11. Markie Brewer
12. Chuck Turocy
13. Mark Romeo
14. Rich Penn
15. Tim Bowman
16. Nick Bowman
17. Shawn Booher
18. Jerry Temple
19. Matt Obertanec
20. Chad Coughanour
21. Joe Jones

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of HR1140
posted Hide Post
]

So does this mean I should switch you to BX18, and change all of your runs from 5/15 to be BX18 instead of PR324, and you'll be running BX18 from now on, right?

Just want to make sure I get it right, rather than changing things 2 or 3 times, haha.[/QUOTE]

No josh, it is correct as it stands right now. There is to be no points counted this season for orange mustangs with black flames. Roll Eyes

Posts: 25 | Location: Homer City Pa. | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well looks like we are a little short of the 32 car fields for the shootouts. Hopefully they will fill up once the weekend starts.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
actually mike, according to what they said, there will be NO ENTRIES accepted after last night...they said they plan to run the first 16 cars to entered at a cut purse seems to be...if its not too cut ill stay, but if they accept more entries i think i might back out b\c im not a fan of them changing there decisions like that, we all payed in time and beat the deadline, for those who waited to see the names on the list cause they are "SCURRED"... forget em, they shouldnt be aloud to enter now, cut off date was posted for a while now. Wink>

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
i think $$$ might be bit high,if it would have been say 100 entry i think you would have seen a much better response...but thats jmo!!

Think we have a winner. Which I second.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well I was told long before the deadline that it wasn't etched in stone that they wouldn't accept entries after that date but if that is how they are gonna do it then I guess I won't be helping you fill the race when I show up! I don't give a rats a$$ who else is in the race just have a sick family member who could end up keeping me home so not gonna buy an entry until I know that I am gonna be there.
Sounds like Red or Dead has already made his decision that he isn't gonna run.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
JMO - since I won't be racing this weekend....
...I think allowing walk in entries the day of the race means more money for the track AND the racers!!
We all want higher car counts, and I think we should take them any way we can.
Wave Just Joan

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Galanda:
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:

Think we have a winner. Which I second.

Shootouts and high rollers races are obviously open to everyone, but are not FOR everyone. (meaning: not everyone cares to gamble large lump sums even if the payout-rounds to win ratio is better)however, some people do. I think the entry fee and payout is more than fair in this particular case and I cannot wait to race with all our friends over there in Pittsburgh!!

In regards to the race not being full and not taking additional entries- Remember guys and gals, the closer we get to 32 cars...the more we race for.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Slick Rick 3x9x,

Posts: 776 | Location: In a winners circle near you. | Registered: November 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
x2 Rick. See ya this weekend!!

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Joe, Cork, Dean - I remember you mentioned Ruffos. I figure no one has the expensive equipment to do a mandrel bend. I have the jegs kit and the pipe is nice but I need a tweak to get around the rear shocks. Could be cut and welded to get what I need.

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tom-- I know Greg Ruffo has a welder, and can do just about anything u need to tweak it in. Did u call him yet ?? When we put my exh system on my Regal, he welded everything up-- super nice installation, and NO rattles.
Just my $.02-- I have to agree with Joan-- I wouldn't rule out anyone coming in on Fri, or Sat for the shootout. It may fill up easier than we think, and it does make for a nice purse.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:

Actually in my case, and three or four of the guys I race with, the box and no box shootout races are the only reason I'll probably not show up this weekend. Well that and unless you can make it all four days the cost is kind of high.

But anyway, in my opinion this feels like it will turn out to be similar to last year's Halloween fiasco. In that the regular program will be put on hold in favor of the special pre-entry race, in addition to the standard amount of fooling around associated with running more classes. It seems to be already starting with talk about how to fill up the shootout races. So I think I head to the Beaver for a couple of days. Just my opinion!

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Donnelly:
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:

Actually in my case, and three or four of the guys I race with, the box and no box shootout races are the only reason I'll probably not show up this weekend. Well that and unless you can make it all four days the cost is kind of high.

But anyway, in my opinion this feels like it will turn out to be similar to last year's Halloween fiasco. In that the regular program will be put on hold in favor of the special pre-entry race, in addition to the standard amount of fooling around associated with running more classes. It seems to be already starting with talk about how to fill up the shootout races. So I think I head to the Beaver for a couple of days. Just my opinion!

First of all, the 32 car shootout for Box is Saturday evening...AFTER regular racing. Then Sunday morning BEFORE the regular race. Not to mention the fact that the looks of it are a 16 car race, how long will that take? The weather was not in our favor for Halloween, and it worked out the way it did in my opinion just fine. Could there have been other things (racing) going on during the shootout, yes, but oh well. We ran for $5k on Sunday worked for me. If low payouts and high entry are your thing then Beaver should suit you nicely. I want best bang for my buck, $250 racing for $11,000 or $135 racing for $1800 (maybe if car counts are met). Seems like a no brainer to me.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'M ALWAYS SHOCKED AT THE FACT THAT WHEN GIVEN WHAT WAS ASKED FOR WE CHOSE NOT TO SUPPORT IT! Sit down and figure it out. Lot of money being put up and paid out in both the bash and shootout. entry fees are not to high and payout is good. Greg is busti his butt to make something nice for all of us and if we chose not to support it then maybe someday we won't have it. Keysone/PRP has always had a reputation for bending or changing rules because of complaints. When rules are set they should be followed. Given the fact that box shoot out is saturday and no box sunday it should have no effect or very little on regular racing. going to beaver, i think your missing out. Hope you have a good time. Oh ya, thats jmo.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
X2 what Mark said. Racers are on their own time after they're out on Saturday, unless they're in the shootout for box. Sunday morning, you get a little extra sleep with the no box shootout starting the day. PRP has a great program put together for the weekend, both on the entry fees and payouts. I can't wait to race!

Clint, hope all is well with your family member.

Ed, come out and drive like you did that no box race a couple years ago.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Im sure Im not the only one here that noticed it the same old persons that have nothing but negative things to say about PRP. Anyway, this is nothing compared to the halloween race. The weather looks good, we'll get started early with plenty of time to get the shootout completed. And I still bet its and early night. The entry is high? Come on, have you looked around for similar payouts?

I know, maybe Slick Rick and his Ohio guys got the Pittsburgh guys all scared.
I look forwared to some good racing. See you this weekend Ricky.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post