DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Thriller
posted Hide Post
Do you have to pre-register to race on any of the four days, or is it just a particular day? I e-mailed gregg, but he didn't answer my question. Im hoping someone else will be able to. If you just show up at the track, does that mean you won't be able to race? Thanks.......

Posts: 16 | Location: Tarentum,PA. | Registered: March 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thiller you can show up to the track and pay, you dont pre-register. If you pay for the whole weekend when you get there you can race friday for free. This is my understanding.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wow, move the program to Sunday? There's something no one has mentioned before. And what's up with the percentage thing for the SSS runoff? Who's idea was that? The IHRA got rid of it, and we kept it. We'll be lucky to get 30 runs in with the weather the way it has been.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hum AJ-- I was talking to Mark this eve about the 32 car shootout, and was wondering what would happen if u don't get 32 in each. Would it be feasable to say have a 24, or 20, or even a 16 car event, if there were that many cars. I mean I know you would have to restructure the entry, and payout, but do u guys thing it could happen ?? It would still be a great race, and a decent payout.If u had say 24 cars, the reduction in entry and payout would be 30% less. You see what I'm getting at?? Just curious.
Happy Birthday Mikey-- 21-- You get to drink legally now !! Laughing Rolling Dean Big Grin

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Mikey !

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Does anyone around Greensburg mandrel bend exhaust?

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Steves Auto Service on RT 136 does the exhaust bending. Its right down from Hempfield High School.

Posts: 130 | Location: greensburg pa | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Mikey!

Thriller- You only need to pre-register if you're entering the box or no box shootout. Box shootout is Saturday night, and no box is Sunday morning. If you're just entering the regular box and no box races, then you can just show up and pay as you would any other race day, and Mikey is correct that if you pay the $250 entry for the weekend, your Friday entry is actually free.

Dean- If, by chance, we don't get 32 cars for either shootout race, Greg will work with those who did enter and see if we can come to some sort of alternate agreement with them. If an agreement cannot be reached, then those racers will get their money back.

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Another +1 for the Box Shootout!

Box:
1. Steve Hughes
2. Steve Hughes
3. Steve Hughes
4. Bill Prest Jr.
5. Scott Campbell
6. Beth Boyd
7. Rob Berschneider
8. Bill Prest Sr.
9. Jake Meinert
10. Mike Fiore

No Box:
1. AJ Casper
2. Mike Balaska
3. Brian Cireddu
4. AJ Casini
5. Scott Campbell
6. Jeff Stewart
7. Matt Cadamore
8. Bob Deniker
9. Russ Benish
10. Rick Baehr
11. Markie Brewer
12. Chuck Turocy

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeyB:
I'm done on here.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

crying crying

Posts: 51 | Location: Niles, OH | Registered: October 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Josh don't you think maybe the early start sunday for the no box race is hurting the entries?
I would be interested in a box entry saturday if something should happen and Norwalk cancels saturday or if it should get bumped to sunday.I got some things going on that could prevent me from coming so the only way I will be buying into a shootout race is if you let me do it when I pull into the gate.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks guyz! I wish I was 21 again I think I saw the light better. Smile

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Mike. Glad I'm not old yet... Wave Rolling

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tom nobody in the tristate area can do mandrel pipe ,But we had Dave Dominick do a whole mandrel pipe exhaust for my buddy jims blue vette that races out the track. It was a while ago i cant rememeber if we got him the pipe or he supplyied it give him a call, Oh and by the way if somebody tells you they can bend pipe like a mandrell with a regular pipe bender they are blowing smoke up your ***

1974 Pontiac Ventura
557 BBC Mild 12.5 comp E85 3800 LBS with driver best to date 9.89 at 138 mph with a crappy 1.49 60 ft

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Joe Jr.
posted Hide Post
Chuck thanks for the kind words on the classified section. To answer Dean and some others who asked, sent pm’s, etc. I will be back to the track soon with a new ride. Long story short my car was suppose to be sold, the week of pick up, the deal fell thru. But I had already jumped the gun and committed myself to buying a new project for the 2010 race season Dad wanted to STEP things UP. So I got a little late start on “Project Top Secret” as some are calling it. lol Big Grin it’s just about complete... I have had a few setbacks like all of us encountered some time or another during a build-up. Since Dean Busted me here is some info my new ride is a 78 Camaro which I massaged the rear wheel wells some for more room, but I am still going to use my old 355 sbc / powerglide set-up. So hopefully I will have it back to the track Car soon.

So if anyone is looking or knows anyone who might be interested or gets the bug after watching some racing and wants to try it out, I have for sale a good solid working car minus drive train, I attached the link below, more pics are available at request and I can answer any questions you might have. Thanks. Joe Jr.

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...00602104/m/286108163

1978 Chevy Camaro, SBC Powered - 4X06 and PX 21

Posts: 27 | Location: Portage, Pa | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hum Joe Jr-- I didn't mean to bust u, I was curious when I saw ur car for sale, and didn't know if u were quitting. Sure would hate to lose a good racer. OK now, I think yer up to somethin Sneaky?? Let's see-- u had a Camaro-- and now u have another one-- maybe a newer year, so that tells me it must be a real lightweight, and done up a little different. I'll bet u were doing a lot more than just massaging(he-he). OK-- now we're really curious !! I'll let u alone for now, and hope all works out well. Good luck with the sale of "Old Faithful". Tell "Pappy" I said hi.
Tom Nist-- I have all my mandrel pipe bending done at Greg Ruffo's, in Youngwood. He is right next to the Dairy Queen, just as ur coming into Youngwood. You could give him a call, and tell him I referred him to you. Great guy, and does super nice work--He has done everyone of my cars, his #-724-925-2811.
Chuck-- We'll be glad to see ur old "Iron Horse" back at the track, especially in new colors. I do hope we can get a rain free weekend for a change too-- this $hyt is getting really old. I'm really looking forward to some serious seat time too, as well as some real camradarie with all u guys, and some great eats, with all the cookouts that will be going on.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Shootout Races starting to fill up...

Box:
1. Steve Hughes
2. Steve Hughes
3. Steve Hughes
4. Bill Prest Jr.
5. Scott Campbell
6. Beth Boyd
7. Rob Berschneider
8. Bill Prest Sr.
9. Jake Meinert
10. Mike Fiore
11. Bob Brehm

No Box:
1. AJ Casper
2. Mike Balaska
3. Brian Cireddu
4. AJ Casini
5. Scott Campbell
6. Jeff Stewart
7. Matt Cadamore
8. Bob Deniker
9. Russ Benish
10. Rick Baehr
11. Markie Brewer
12. Chuck Turocy
13. Mark Romeo
14. Rich Penn

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
green1- I honestly don't think it's hurting anything. The no box race is the one on Sunday, and it has more entries than box, and box is on Saturday night. I think we'll be fine and get all of our entries. Everybody likes to wait until the last minute to do everything, myself included! Lol. I'm sure they'll fill up by the weekend. We have had a lot of interest in both races, just haven't gotten the full commitment from everybody yet.

If, by chance, they don't, I would imagine Greg would let you buy into it at the gate that day if you do decide to come.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I know one thing I cant wait for the weekend its gonna be a blast.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Man, I can't wait for the weekend. 4 days of racing... that will help make up for the rain so far. I sure hope our local racers step up and support this event. I don't know what more you could ask for. Good entry fee (and with all the rain, there hasn't been much spent on entry fees yet this year), great payouts. Double entries allowed, whether it's one day or all weekend. Great shootout races. Lots of seat time! And being with a bunch of good people. It's going to be awesome!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post