DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested, I received an invite in the mail at the track asking if we would like to participate in Monroeville's Independence Day Festivities Parade, Monday, July 5.

Lineup begins at 8:00am in the Mircale Mile Shopping Center. The parade route follows Business Route 22 to the Monroeville Mall.

This might be a good advertising tool for us at the track, and it doesn't cost us anything. If you are interested in driving your car in the parade route, please email me at josh@pittsburghracewaypark.com

Thanks,

Josh

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Josh sounds pretty sweet. Do the cars have to be state inspected/street legal or can they be in racing trim?

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
AJ,

I would imagine they would be ok in racing trim, but let me double check and I'll post when I hear back from the guy.

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just received word that **** Gumbert is having quadruple bypass surgery tomorrow morning. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I guess DRR doesn't like Mr. Gumbert's first name....?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Will keep Mr. gumbert in our prayers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey AJ,

I emailed the guy your question about the parade, as well as asking him how many people we can bring, and this was the response I got:

Josh,

The cars have to be safe, and driven responsibly and safely in the parade.

Since they are race cars, as long as your people can legally get them to the parade, they can be entered and taken down the parade route. They will have to be able to get them back to the starting point from the mall.

I don't want to say we're going to limit how many can enter. The other issue is -- are you going to make one entry, or one for each car. I really don't have a preference, but if the individuals want to be recognized with their car, and a description of their car read at the grandstand, they should enter individually.

Additional entry forms can be downloaded at http://www.evanlk.com/parade

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks,
Evan

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
So what you guys are saying about friday is that if it rains out then you are gonna have promods and quick 16 on saturday?If that is the case then I think I will go elsewhere because I don't want to stand around all night.Another thing is don't you think some of fridays cars were gonna stay and run the q-16 on saturday and now one of the races are gonna suffer if they are both the same day,maybe I should come with my slowpoke car and make the q-16 because there isn't enough cars. big idea Then it would be cancelled before we got to run. Eyes

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Hey Chuck-- Thanks for all the kudos-- I really enjoy helping out our street racers. I have another addition to add to the PRP news page-- I forgot to mention that I will also be putting up a prize for 2nd place points, and a really NEAT " MYSTERY GIFT" for 3rd place points also.
I sure hope this economy picks up, so that some more sponsors can support the other classes as well.
BTW-- If Friday is rained out, how will the Pro Mods, and Q16 going to fit into Sat, with it being the 1st day of points ?? Seems like this would be a good weekend, to extend racing into Sunday. Any input on that idea?? Hum Thanks-- Dean

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Dean, I am sure the street class participants truly appreciate all that you do. I am also glad that it has been brought to the attention of everyone that visits the website. I hope it drums up some interest for that class. That is of course where many of our roots are!!

BTW...Anyone that anytime needs to get a hold of Dean for anything can always find myself, Kevin, Mom (Amy) or Dad (Frank) in the pits or in the lanes, and we will direct you to him.

Thanks for all that you do for us (everyone) Dean!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Josh, there is a language censor on here so you can't call people names like Spicoli "You ****!"

Thoughts and prayers for Mr. Gumbert, he's one of the good guys for sure. He won't be leaning over a bike anytime soon.

Thoughts and prayers for Keith Bowman as well. He severed a tendon in his arm, and he had surgery yesterday to reattach it. He will hopefully be released today.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Keith is home and beginning his recovery with the arm.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Thats great news!!! Get well soon Keith!!

Thoughts and prayers to **** Gumbert as well!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I wonder how Keith severed his tendon. Oh, I know, probably jerking it to hard and POP. Get well soon, you queer.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just thought it was kind of funny that it censored it out, when it was not at all in the context of calling someone one of those, but it is his name.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Next time call him Richard.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I call him Mr. Gumbert. Get well.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Hope you feel better soon Keith.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I thought about that, Tom, but nobody knows him as Richard Gumbert. Everybody knows him as D-I-C-K, minus the -'s.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Plus 1 for the Box Shootout.

Box:
1. Steve Hughes
2. Steve Hughes
3. Steve Hughes
4. Bill Prest
5. Scott Campbell
6. Beth Boyd
7. Rob Berschneider

No Box:
1. AJ Casper
2. Mike Balaska
3. Brian Cireddu
4. AJ Casini
5. Scott Campbell
6. Jeff Stewart
7. Matt Cadamore
8. Bob Deniker
9. Russ Benish