DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was shooting on coming late Saturday and definitely Sunday.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hats off to Ron Boyce for manning up. The IHRA boys ran all day in the wind without incident. We paid for the poor car count in the Pro Am.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well glad they cancelled yesterday so they saved me a tow instead of getting to the track and finding it closed.I can understand the racers staying home yesterday with the weather that it was but today you will never know.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
You need a hug Ron. Big Grin

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:
heard this morning that a prp jr. regular crashed their jr dragster at QCR yesterday at the top end when he got hit with a bad cross wind. he is ok, but the car needs a lot of work.

Who was that?

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
we were on penn view mtn when we got the call to not bother coming because it was already cancelled. The way the wind was having its way with my truck and trailer, I think it was a good call for sat. By the time we hit ebensburg going home, we hit light rain. I don't know how many locals were at the track but I heard that almost all of the Pro-Am racers left as soon as the lost. I thought the plan was to get those guys involved in this race and most of them didn't participate. I think your wrong to be pointing the finger at the local racers for lack of participation. The weather was the biggest problem. I look for a few more let downs in this comming year!

I just want to live while Im alive

Posts: 44 | Location: in your closet | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i feel greg made the right decision about yesterday...it was total crap out...i showed up anyways even tho i drove through rain on the way there. i was a little upset that we couldn't race but the pig roast and beer helped ease the pain. all you can do is look forward to racing friday...whats done is done. and if anything...i think GREG is the one that needs the hug. he took crap all day yesterday over his decision to cancel...we need to support Greg...he put together one heck of a schedule...and he cant help it that the weather was terrible yesterday.

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Go on, blame it on the racer. Works for another track!!! Pay close attention, Greg. Learn from others mistakes befor you have to hand out Anti-Internet fliers.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Chuck...it would have been cool if Doug and I would have met in the finals...He has less than ten passes on that car and the only T/S passes were ths weekend. I think he did well. I saw his timeslip from the semis.....gave up the stripe by .0016...ouch.

As far as the races that were cancelled...obviously it did'nt effect me after my breakage...But it was raining when I left at 6:15.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeyB:
Hats off to Ron Boyce for manning up. The IHRA boys ran all day in the wind without incident. We paid for the poor car count in the Pro Am.

X2 Joey B Dead on the money. I feel greg is doing a great job and the programs at prp are awesome. But u cant cancel a race a day early. Qcr is having alot of problems. Racers are leaving left and right. prp can benifit from this but u do need to race. A big group of cars that were going to be at prp today are all over at magnolia today. RACING. Ron Boyce just said it like it is. PRP will be just fine Greg is the man for the job. It will all work out and the place will be packed. Looking forward to seeing some old friends now and then this year. Good luck to all the great racers there for the 2010 points season.

APD Racing Engines And Fuel Systems
www.AmericanRaceCars.net
Vickers Bros Transmissions
Schusters Custom Painting
newer

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Eric, congrats on the runner up. You should drive with a sinus infection every time.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Or maybe the infection kept you from winning. Oh well, there's always Top Sportsman.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Happy Mother's Day to all you Mother's out there!!
Hey - can anyone clarify the Memorial Bash weekend for my fried brain? Is it $250 for a weekend entry for four Box\No Box races?
Thanx for the info Just Joan

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tony, did you guys break something? I was there a little saturday and saw you guys pulling out. Didn't know what happened.

It would be nice to have unlimited money and run a race with only 21 entries. It's a shame there were only 150 pro am cars with several of them leaving after friday and almost all of them packing up after saturday. Greg was counting on them to help us out with are car count but it looks like they had enough. You do have to stop the bleeding at some point.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:
Happy Mother's Day to all you Mother's out there!!
Hey - can anyone clarify the Memorial Bash weekend for my fried brain? Is it $250 for a weekend entry for four Box\No Box races?
Thanx for the info Just Joan

they have the new flyer up on the website.
it shows if you pay for the entire weekend, you get friday free. so making it 4 races for 250.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
cant wait for the memorial day bash, looks like its going to be an awsome race. This will be an opportune time for the racers to show thier support to PRP. I for one will definitely be there RAIN or shine. This is the first time in a long time that we have had a memorial day race like this, and i am very excited. I have, in the past, traveled very long distances for less. And now we have a multiple day...big pay- out race right in our own back yard!!! I'm gonna get my money Jake! :P See ya there.

Posts: 26 | Location: blairsville,Pa | Registered: January 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
me to me to me to..i hope tony brings his wife!!omg she's freaking hot..i miss her.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
WoW.........I'm not sure where to go with that, but I'm glad you are excited about seeing Tony's family. I wonder if they miss you that much No No

Posts: 26 | Location: blairsville,Pa | Registered: January 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Boyce:
cant wait for the memorial day bash, looks like its going to be an awsome race. This will be an opportune time for the racers to show thier support to PRP. I for one will definitely be there RAIN or shine. This is the first time in a long time that we have had a memorial day race like this, and i am very excited. I have, in the past, traveled very long distances for less. And now we have a multiple day...big pay- out race right in our own back yard!!! I'm gonna get my money Jake! :P See ya there.

Ron I agree I will be there as well. Hopefully double entered in the main race with an entry in the shootout.

It will be great to see this race succeed. We have the best racers around the Tri-State Area and we need them to come out and join the fun. I do not see any races around the memorial day holiday that are paying better in this area.

Where better to spend the long weekend than at PRP with your family. Lots of time to spend cooking out and talking with friends and family.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This may seem really obvious but if prp only gets decent car counts during regular points days then why don't they just hold more regular points days? Seems that the racers are telling you what they want through attendance!

BTW, I didn't head down this weekend because of the weather, for one and I don't like 1/8 mile ..but that's just me! Three of my fellow racers went 2 hours down to Mason Dixon for TnT on Saturday which seems really far to me for just a TnT but going to PRP on Saturday wasn't an option, I guess.

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post