DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The sun is out, and the jet dryer is on the track. Track is open, and the box/no-box will start as scheduled at 4pm!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
what time can the box, no box cars start coming in?

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
what about the wind?is it going to affect racing today

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It's 1/8th mile racing, which will reduce the effects of the wind. You afraid you won't be in Kansas anymore, Toto??? Laughing

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
chuck, what time can box/no box cars bring the cars into the track today?

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Camping in West branch State Park (Ravenna Ohio)

Screw racing today.... You have to be crazy to race in 50mph winds!! See you all tommorow morning bright and early, granted the wind dies Its a bad enough tow through all that construction on the turnpike without having your trailer blown around. Have fun boys, I thing I'm going to take a nap

LJ

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Box/No Box cars can start coming in at 4PM.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately tonight's and tomorrow's box/no-box racing have been canceled.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
WHY WONT LOCAL RACERS SUPPORT the TRACK WHEN THEY OFFER good $$$ but no points????this happens alot at prp..if the track would have a better car count they probably wouldnt have canceled tomorrows race..i was on my way to prp to donate my $$$.with 3 entrys..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: prest911,

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I want to know the same thing!!!!! It is getting a little annoying, I support the track as well as our other 3-4 entries every week. I just don't understand where everyone is? Greg is trying really really hard to make PRP "the place to race" and the racers are still not showing up...

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This will be only our 4th season at PRP, but one thing I have noticed is that when it is not a points race usually it is a low car count. Even when there is a Saturday and Sunday race, a lot don't show up on Sunday. I know last year 80 or so racers left one Saturday evening and didn't come to race on Sunday. Man I would love to race 2 days every weekend.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I agree with you guys on all points. I just dont understand it.

Today and Tomorrow are to be blamed on the racers. The track put together a good program, advertised it and racers didnt show. Without the local support we cannot make the track succeed. PRP is making every effort to make the track the absolute best facility with the best programs but need out support.

Lets get it together and make the rest of the season a success.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
WHY WONT LOCAL RACERS SUPPORT the TRACK WHEN THEY OFFER good $$$ but no points????this happens alot at prp..if the track would have a better car count they probably wouldnt have canceled tomorrows race..i was on my way to prp to donate my $$$.with 3 entrys..

??????? well how many cars showed up tomorrow? this is really confusing

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i totally agree,
the track is doing their job, now its time to get the cars there.
racers have asked for bigger purses and more days to race, and the track management have made that so this year. now just need the cars to show up.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Bittersweet day today....lost in the finals in SR and lost the motor too I think.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
doorman,i guess we will never know how many cars showed up tomorrow now will we...but i bet a few do show up and i bet they wont be very happy..

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:
Bittersweet day today....lost in the finals in SR and lost the motor too I think.

Eric that is a bittersweet day. Hope the damage is not too bad. Let me know if you need anything.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doorman:
??????? well how many cars showed up tomorrow? this is really confusing

Buddy, it was pretty easy to see the writing on the wall. I also agree with all the points above, and fully support Greg's decision.

Eric, I was hoping you and Doug would have met up in the final, but he ran into a buzzsaw in the semis. Sorry to hear the engine problems. So if you guys would have been in the final together, would there have been a side purse, like a beer bet?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well lets see....50mph winds,chance of rain and not aloud to bring your bracket car in until 4:00...you cancel the race at 4:30 while thier were still cars comming in (that made those guys REALLY happy)not to mention the racers that were still on thier way in. How many you ask? well we wont know because the racers that did manage to show up on time were told to leave before 5:00 so they could close the gates. Then you cancel sundays race and want to blame the racers for thier "lack of participation" (i believe were the words the announcer used) I could see blaming the racers if it was a nice day(50MPH winds!)My opinion is that you didnt give the racers a chance to support you! go ahead..cancel a race an hour after you say to show up, cancel the race the next day for what might have happened the day before. All i can say is you have made your bed now you can lay in it!...just my opinion... got to go and unload my sh#@% off my truck that i brought for a two day race...TYPICAL!

Posts: 26 | Location: blairsville,Pa | Registered: January 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
on the website it does say it was canceled because the weather had too much of a neg. effect.

the winds were def. nasty. even though it would have been 1/8th mile, a dead cross wind is bad.
i know i got to the gate early and was charge a spectator fee, but was told to bring my receipt back when i got my tech card and it would be taken off the entry. which i thought was really fair of them to do. plus i know when i was leaving yesterday , it was sprinkling.

also heard this morning that a prp jr. regular crashed their jr dragster at QCR yesterday at the top end when he got hit with a bad cross wind. he is ok, but the car needs a lot of work.