DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark, and feel free to stop by anytime. I know everytime we started talking we got busy.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andamo:
I've been listening to the radio program Tom Lang does on Monday nights. Tom has been playing some snippets of the songs he intends on playing at PRP this season. It's gonna be killer folks.

Actually I wasn't playing those songs. Dave Hanahan, who is the morning DJ on Cool 101.7 in Meadville controls the board for the show. He and I were talking before the show about what we wanted to do at PRP. We didn't discuss which songs I was planning on using, but every time we went to commercial Dave played a different song and every one of them was one I had on "my list". I told him he should be a little worried that he thinks like me. Dave's a pretty cool guy. He has Stairway to Heaven for a ring tone.

We were experimenting with my laptop hooked into the PA system after Saturday's race. We started to get a little carried away until Bill Turk came up to school us on what the limits of the amplifier are. Seems I talk alot (ALOT) louder than Jim and I was putting the amp on the rev limiter. As long as I don't play the music too loud while I'm talking we'll be okay.

With all the music I've got (over 70,000 songs I'm told) I don't have "It's Raining Men" but I do have "I am Woman".

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for them pics Truby they look great!

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
If you need chassis certification, you can get it done this weekend:

Chassis Certification
IHRA Chassis Certifications will be during the Pro Am this weekend. The schedule will be as follows:

Thursday: 4pm-10pm
Friday: 8am-Noon
Saturday: 8am-11am

This will be the only opportunity for chassis cert at PRP until the next Pro Am, August 7-8, 2010.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
If by chance the pro-am gets rained out ( i know i should'nt say the r word) Will they run it on Sunday?? Anyone? Anyone? Hello McFly!

LJ

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Lou, that's IHRA's call. I would think it's a good possibility, given that all the racers are there, and Sunday looks good, rather than having them travel again, or finishing it at another event. Hopefully Mother Nature gives us a freakin' break on the weekends soon.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What would happen to our race then?

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The weather is looking good for the weekend. There is no doubt Friday's program will be in with no problem. Saturday, looks like it may start wet, but as you saw at the test n tune last week, PRP is not afraid to pull out the jet dryer. The chances of rain decrease as the day goes on, and with both races being 1/8th mile, will help in getting the racing action going. Sunday is looking fine as well, should be a great weekend!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
The weather is looking good for the weekend. There is no doubt Friday's program will be in with no problem. Saturday, looks like it may start wet, but as you saw at the test n tune last week, PRP is not afraid to pull out the jet dryer. The chances of rain decrease as the day goes on, and actiowith both races being 1/8th mile, will help in getting the racingn going. Sunday is looking fine as well, should be a great weekend!
being 8th mile will help get things going how????so your saying running 8th mile will get the races done sooner then 1/4 mile???is that correct sir?????jbyb.lol

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Who let Hank back in??? No No

Keith, where is my troll spray???

jbyb = ????? Confused Confused

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
jbyb = just breaking your balls Wink

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
just bustin your balls...hanks in da mofo house.. Eyes

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Come on Hank...no one says mofo anymore...get with the times!!! Banging Head

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
weather is stressin me out..

Photobucket

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Outside of dressing for the wind and mid 50 temps, the weather will be fine. The Pro Am racers only get 1 time trial Saturday, so that will also move the program along. Sunday is looking great, should be some quick 1/8th mile passes with those temps.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck when you find out post where the Bracket racers will be parking. Thanks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
With only 130 cars at the Pro-Am it looks like you can park just about anywhere you want!

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm really surprised at the car count. I get a count of 127 cars. I'm pretty sure there were over 300 at the August Pro Am last year. Must be the economy keeping folks closer to home. Last year there was a bunch of MD/VA/NC cars, but not this time.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think with school still in session, Rockingham last week, and this being a Friday race all hurt the count. I think there may be additional cars coming in tomorrow for the Pro Am and the box/no-box races.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Face it, scheduling s u ck s. Nobody from the south needs a race yet. Forcast says lots of rain and 40-50 mph winds. Possible tornados! Skooter done pi ss ed everyone off. Good luck on hitting 150 tomorrow.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post