DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
we will be getting our fuel supply after we get back from rockingham next week.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
now all we need to do is talk the tedescoes into running 2 days a wk.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good Evening Guys,

I'll be looking for a drum as well, so please keep me in mind.

Thanks,
Rich

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
now all we need to do is talk the tedescoes into running 2 days a wk.

Bill, they tried that in 2007, with the box/no-box races once a month on Friday nights. The first one went pretty good for car count, and the next 2 didn't, so the last one got canceled. Not enough racers supported it to keep it, so it's gone.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
For anyone who was at the banquet or has been out to the track over the winter...

Did they make any progress on the construction plan that was going to flatten out the hill behind the waterbox so that the starting line could be moved back, there by extending the shutdown area?

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Brianna! Congratulations to all the winners at the banquet. Once again, it was a good time, the place was very nice and the food was good. It was also nice to see everyone. Now I can't wait to light the candles and get on with the new season.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Obvious:
Do You really need an answer on this last question??

I don't "need" an answer, but I hoped that the Tedesco's might have provided some information.

The previous vision that they shared with the racing community included this change and was part of the reasoning for the Division 3 Bracket Finals being run earlier at PRP than it was at other Northstar tracks.

An early end to the PRP season was to allow some construction time before winter set in.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
They were too busy handing out $30,000 to the points finishers.

Thanks Import Export Tire!!!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Chuck...

That's cool.

With no story posted yet on the track's website concerning what was covered at the banquet, the rest of us have to rely on those of you who were there for any information about things like this.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
WANTED!

Hey folks I'm looking for some sneakers for my hotrod, either Mickey Thompson ET streets, 26 or 27x10.5-15 or Hoosier QT pro 27x10.5-15. Anyone got some they want to get rid of at a good price?

Thanks - Tom Nist

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
you have a pm tom

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
According to today's Pittsburgh Raceway Park email, there will be some construction going on at PRP... but not involving the drag strip.

==========================================
After dinner, Frank and Michael made some announcements.

One big announcement is their Uncle Bobby Tedesco coming on board to help run the place and help make some of the additions such as motocross course, BMX and other things

==========================================

I'm always in favor of additions that make full use of a facility's property, especially when it helps promote the track activities and ultimately benefits everyone through "big picture" thinking.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
quote:
They were too busy handing out $30,000 to the points finishers.

Was that the money from the Messiah's "Stimulas Package"?

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Matt but I drive the car to the track and don't want to change tires once I get there unless that is my only alternative. I'll keep your offer in mind.

Not that ET streets and QT pro DOT tires are any more legal than slicks......

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i hear ya on that. i need to get rid of these so i can get some et streets. can anyone verify that the 28x12.5 et street is the same as a 28x10.5 slick? guys on yellowbullet are saying that this is true.

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Matt, looks like the only difference is sidewall width. It's 12.6 on the ET Street, 11.7 on the Drag. Compound, diameter, tread width, circumference are all the same.

http://www.mickeythompsontires...ip.php?item=ETStreet
http://www.mickeythompsontires...trip.php?item=ETDrag

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Y'all didn't know Barry was such an eloquent speaker, did you? He even brought tears to Frank's eyes.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Scotty got a workout making that many trips up to the podium, and carrying all the hardware.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It tuckered them boys out though... we were barely on Route 30 before they crashed.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Dave looks ready for more!!! lol

That limo is SWEET!!! I wonder what it runs in the 1/4? Car Hum Big Grin

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post