DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
What happened to the previous topic that Chuck started? Was somebody being bad???

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not sure Rich. I dont think we are liked too well.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck T told me that Bill Turk posted about the timing system problems. Maybe somebody got a little rude with comments?

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wow, you would think they would delete the offensive posts, if that's the case, rather than the entire thread. I checked it early this morning and Bill's was the last post. Whatever it was happened after that. Shame.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bill,

What did you doooooo?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I dont't think there was anything offensive. You have to have an ID to post, so that should keep most of the "brave" anonymous folks who posted on the old PRP site forum away. There wasn't anything bad on it. Bill's post was fine. Steve Vasbinder did post, describing their experience in Memphis, and that alone was worth leaving the w**** thread on for. I was going to copy and paste over in to the Gen Discussion, I thought it was so awesome of how DSR treated them. I'm thinking AJ might be right.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
All I know, is that this time it wasn't because of me.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Glad to see you can crawl out of the woodwork for a minute or two.

Bill,

UBLY dragway has 134 pages, so I don't think that is it.

<Brian Ledford>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Rich Paton III:
Chuck T told me that Bill Turk posted about the timing system problems. Maybe somebody got a little rude with comments?

Hello Pittsburgh, PA from Michigan! Over at the Ubly and Northern Michigan (530 pages) boards one there's been way plenty of rude comments about timing system perceived issues.. and that didn't shut ours down! Sure made it interesting for a while though! Big Grin

Actually, Ubly's original topic board was lost somehow. It was way bigger than the Northern Michigan one originally. I'm not sure how they just "lose" topics like this, but it happens.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'm getting a little nervous, that maybe some "tower power' is going on. Do you all see my posts? Bill, I replied to your PM, I hope you got it. When I'm not logged in, I do see my post in Gen Discussion, that has 1 reply to it.

Tony, how do we know for sure???? Big Grin

Maybe that's all it is, thanks Brian.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Brian Ledford>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Maybe that's all it is, thanks Brian.

No problem.. you're welcome.

<Madness>
posted
Actually, Ubly's original topic board was lost somehow. It was way bigger than the Northern Michigan one originally. I'm not sure how they just "lose" topics like this, but it happens.[/QUOTE]

Brian, their are site Administrators and Global Moderators and their job is supposed to keep the message board clean and they have powers to delete topics, ban people etc. So i'm sure one of the site Admins here deleted it probably for a certain reason.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bill, it wasn't you at all. Your post, as you said, was thanking people and informative to the rest of us readers. Let's just hope it was a key stroke error on DRR's part and not a personality problem.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
AJ, you causing trouble? Big Grin

Holy schnike!! Barry is actually signed in... will he post???

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Who me trouble.......

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
It was pretty late last night when I got on and posted. I was pretty tired, but I don't think I posted anything to offend anyone, but sometimes it seems, I come across that way.

Administrators: If I said something wrong I apologize, please shoot me a PM, with what was inappropriate.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Wow I go on vacation for 3 days and miss everything...lol.

At least it wasn't me that did anything.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
wow i'm back.you guys better be careful in what you say and do on here.because life isnt good with out drr.whats been going on at prp?hows the t/t nights been any good car count for gamblers races?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'll blame it on superracer, since he keeps preferring to remain anonymous, except when playing with Tony.

So we have a new link. Welcome back all. Steve, mind posting the Memphis experience again? I thought that was awesome. I'm on vacation this weekend, but I'd love to see pics at the track next time I'm there.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Ok here goes again, kind of, from the top, as short as I can make it. My son Mark has had some medicinal problems for approximately the last 2 years. He’s has had 1 major brain surgery and one minor surgery. A lady from church turned his name into Make-a-wish. We met with our local Make-a-wish chapter, and he told them he would like to go to a NHRA national event and met his favorite driver, Gary Scelzi. The people from M-A-W had never heard of NHRA, but said they would check into it. They arranged everything except for meeting Gary. My wife talked to a very nice lady at Don Schumacher Racing, who was very excited about setting it up.
We flew in to Memphis TN and were greeted by our Memphis M-A-W rep that was quite a character, a retired airline pilot just full of stories of flying all over the world. He showed us sites and the best places to eat around Memphis (..by the way there is a place or two that would give Clems' a run for there money in BBQ ribs in Memphis) and also, helped get us to the Memphis Motor sports Park and spent the first day of the race at the track also. He told us several times that he was glad to see someone wish for something else other than Disney World; he couldn’t get over how nice everyone at DSR and other teams treated us, how he put it was; it was like a wish that I never knew I had wanted to do. The M-A-W organization was just super, and I was overwhelmed with the effort they put forth to help kids that have been dealt a tough hand in life.
Mark met Gary and every other DSR driver, crew members and I swear at least half of Pro teams that were there, many, that the lady from DSR helped us met. I still can not believe the effort that DSR put forth, on Marks behalf.
Mark is a pretty strong little boy that doesn’t complain much at all, no mater what he is going threw, but it sure did his mom and dad good to see him smiling almost the entire 4 days, even in the 100* plus…. heat. The pictures of him inside the Oakley funny car and the US Army top fuel car say it all.
He was on a local news station that we ran into at a down town Memphis autograph session when the John Force, Eric Medlin, and Robert Height, walked out of the autograph session to meet Mark, after he got, kind of sick inside the club(us Yankees aren’t used to the heat they have down there), he even had an interview that aired on ESPN. It was so cool to have people come up to Mark, and say, …..hey I saw you on ESPN, and people like Bob Fry, Dave Reff, many drivers and team owners come up to us and talk to Mark and Thomas. You can see some of the pictures on http://competitionplus.com/g1/album677
(look threw all of the 88 pictures)
Mark and Thomas took a large picture of there cars at PRPs winner circle and had allot of the drivers sign it.....you would not believe the amount of Pro drivers out there that said that they had raced at our PRP somewhere along the line.

I just can’t do the Make-a-Wish and DSR experience justice…………... just unbelievable

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post