DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Wayne County Speedway Dragstrip
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wayne County Speedway Dragstrip
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Went over yesterday, lost by redlight in third round, won't go back until they move all the partying spectators to other side of track & move test & tune to another night/day, also left lane as bumpy as a cob running 7.10's.

HR901

Posts: 19 | Location: Goldsboro, NC | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
What were you driving? I lost in the second round, way off my dial. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom, i was driving a white 70 Nova parked next to a flat black Regal.

HR901

Posts: 19 | Location: Goldsboro, NC | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Wish I had known. Frown I would have introduced myself. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Wayne County (now known as Nahunta Dragway) will have a Modified ET bracket race this Sunday, March 18th, 2018. Gates open at 11:30AM. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well, the place was absolutely packed to capacity yesterday. And this is even after Eddie got a lot more of the spectator vehicles moved out of the pit side and over to the spectator side. He has also opened up more pit space by clearing debris and old machinery. Nevertheless, it was wall to wall people. The starting line traction was phenomenal and I had my best 60ft times ever, anywhere. You wouldn't know that local, small track bracket racing is hurting, looking at this place. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
March 25, 2018. Top ET. $2,000 for first. $300 for second. $100 Semi final. Purse based on 35 entries. $60 entry for car and driver. $40 b*ybacks first and second round. Gates open at 11:30 AM. Timeruns begin at 1:00PM. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
$2,000 to win with a $40 entry fee in Mod ET, this Saturday!

I have NO doubt he will have any trouble drawing 40 entries or more for this event. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Sure enough, they filled the place with cars. Had to use all four staging lanes to fit in all the Mod ET entries.

Congratulations to William "Jaws" Alston for the win and Ross Gould for the runner up finish. Not worthy Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
From the Wayne County Facebook page:

"... Saturday night July 7th Race ... Mod E/T Challenge $2000 to win plus Trophy R/U $400 Semi $100 ( $45 entry car and driver ) buy backs $25 1st round $20 2nd round ($$$ based on 40 entries) gates open 5:30pm qualifying 7pm Racing 8pm ..."

Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Roger Rhodes Memorial Race this Saturday at Wayne County. Check their Facebook page for details. I tried to copy and paste them, but I guess it was too long. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tom 396 R/U Smile

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Tom 396 R/U Smile

Thanks. Been quite the dry spell. Did you see the T-shirt I wore in the Winner's Circle? Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No Buybacks Big Grin

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Once we get a weekend with over 50 degree temperatures, Wayne County...er..Nahunta Dragstrip will be holding their first "Nahunta Nationals."

Nahunta Facebook

...and the track website (Fern)

Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
"The Nahunta Nationals have been rescheduled for Sunday January 6th !!!!! We will need all day Saturday to get facility ready !!!! Please help us get the word out by sharing!!!! Gates open 9:30am Time runs 11:45am only changes for Sunday"

$2,500 to win. Tomorrow (Sunday January 6 2019). Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
From the Wayne County Facebook page:

Wayne County Dragstrip

1 hr

I suffered a severe left eye injury Sunday night and was transported from Wayne UNC hospital to Duke University Eye Center where I under went 3 hour surgery with the best team of doctors probably ever assembled. At this time I still have no vision in my left eye and may never will again, but I Do believe in miracles and have faith in God to be with me through this journey!!! Life can change in the blink of an eye. “Hook City” will be closed this Friday and Saturday night. I will be putting a staff together to hopefully re-open next weekend.. Please share this so we don’t cause any last minute inconvenience for anyone. Thank you everyone & I love you all.

This was from Eddie Radford, the operator of Wayne County. Frown Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Roger Rhodes Memorial Race Flyer

The annual Roger Rhodes Memorial race is on for this Saturday October 26 2019. Can't beat a $25 entry fee for a $1,500 first/$500 second purse. The weather forecast is looking pretty good too. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
From the Facebook page:

Mod E/T Race plus Test and Tune Sunday January 19th at Hook City !!!! Mods $40 entry car and driver— $20 buyback 1st and 2nd round— Win $800 plus Trophy R/U $200 Semi $50 ($$$ based on 25 entries) Test and Tune $10 and admission $10 Kids 12 and under free Gates open 11am Time Runs 12:30 Race 1:00 Test and Tune between race rounds all day !!!! See y’all Sunday

Weather forecast looks great for Sunday. Know anywhere else in this area holding a bracket race? I don't. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Today, from Facebook:

Due to wet grounds and slow drying this morning (I’ve been here a hour working to try to dry it with tractor blower) we have cancelled today’s racing !!!!

Frown Take care. Tom Worthington