DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Wayne County Speedway Dragstrip
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wayne County Speedway Dragstrip
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tom, are you going to try to be the King of Nahunta?

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Tom, are you going to try to be the King of Nahunta?

I'm gonna try and have a good time, at the track, near the end of January. I'm gonna leave it at that. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1228 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Did you have a good time? I can't find any results.

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you have a good time? I can't find any results.

Yes, I had a good time. I feel badly for letting my car down. Second round, had identical .033 RT with my opponent. However, I lifted when I should have run it out the back door. Frown Chris Privette won. Perry Green was the runner up. Wayne Leary was the only semi finalist. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1228 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Virus race?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
A great article/write up/history lesson from dragillustrated about Nahunta.

It's on Page 50

Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
From Facebook today:

Wayne County Dragstrip
1 hr

“PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST” Test and Tune Sunday March 22nd !!! Gate open for race cars only 11:30am - 1:00pm Gate open for spectators 1:00pm Test and Tune 1:00 -5:30 (200 people is all that is allowed) 100 on pit side and 100 on tower side (no exceptions) will be enforced so please cooperate with us !!!! Test and Tune $30 (car and driver) $15 for crew members and spectators including kids!!!! We will get back to normal prices once everything gets back to normal !!!!! Thanks for supporting Nahunta and we hope everyone understands during this difficult time !!!!! This has been approved by County Officials!!!!!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It's baaaaack. Smile

From Facebook:

"Drag racing returns to Nahunta this Saturday May 9th !!!!! Mod E/T Footbrake race for $1000 to win plus trophy "

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom396,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well, Wayne County pulled it off. A very successful event, in my opinion. What made it possible was the track operator contacting the county Sheriff and simply asking what he had to do to remain "in compliance." And it worked. I really have to believe other track operators could make this happen too, if they were willing to do the leg work. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Same deal again this Saturday. Only difference is start times. Tomorrow (May 16) the gates open at 3:30 and time runs start at 5:30. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
They are doing it again this Saturday (May 23). The only difference is that Sunday will be the rainout date:

Rain date (if needed will be Sunday afternoon May 24th) Gate opens 11am Time runs 1pm !!!!!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tom, are you running the Roger Rhodes Memorial Race this Saturday?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tom, are you running the Roger Rhodes Memorial Race this Saturday?

Yes. But it is going to be held on Sunday, not Saturday. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
That little track was busting at the seams. Big Grin 95 entries, I read somewhere. Some entries from out of state. Gotta be some sort of a record for them. If I counted correctly, it took 9 rounds to win (first and second round b*ybacks). Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Bad accident, involving spectators, this past Saturday. The news article is pretty light on details. The comments offer more information.

Original article

Comments

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mod ET bracket racing returns this Sunday 2/19/2023. Gates open at noon. Timeruns begin at 1:00PM. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The glue has returned to Wayne County. And this Friday night, 5/5/23, the gates will open at 5:30 and timeruns will start at 6:30.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1476856965769156/