New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoosier 1500 vs 1550
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
So are there any opinions/thoughts on this Hoosier vs the big/little Bubba's M/T? Better? Worse?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Well the Hoosiers hold air and don't blister and chunk on fast Top dragsters but those are already known facts

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Well the Hoosiers hold air and don't blister and chunk on fast Top dragsters but those are already known facts

I really doubt mine will ever see 210. Is that below the normal chunking threshold?

What about tire life? Is the number of runs expected on the different tires different?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I have already converted 2 of my friends with blown dragsters to the 1550. One of them went 4.24 @ 168 yesterday, no rattle and smooth as silk.

I have 2 races on mine so far. They are as smooth as the 3197 Bubba, 60'times are consistent and they hold air! I put 10 lbs in them at Vegas and when unloaded the car for the first time in TX on Friday.... 10 lbs.

Hoosier trailer was at the Fling and he made us a deal we could not pass up so I have another set already whenever these wear out.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
ats good to hear, They have been great for me as well

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Making the swap from Hoosier’s BR3 which has been a great tire for us, to the C1550 this weekend. Plan to start at 5.25 psi

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Making the swap from Hoosier’s BR3 which has been a great tire for us, to the C1550 this weekend. Plan to start at 5.25 psi

clapping

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Tires are chalked 114 1/2

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mine were chalked 114 but Hoosier west measured and had them marked at 109.5

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
quote:

Mine were chalked 114 but Hoosier west measured and had them marked at 109.5

That's a big margin of error there!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
The size chalked on the tire is something like at 20 psi at the factory and is meaningless. They are typically 109-110

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
C1550 was at least as good as the BR3

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
good to hear

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I should be in the high 220 range this year and im going to keep a close eye on my 3197.My wing angle is 3 down but im hearing MT wants the wing at 0 to help stop blistering.
If i blister them im going straight to the hoosier 1550.
seeing im a hoosier dealer it would probably be appropriate thing to do anyways.!

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Mike, I would get a set of 1550s and have them ready to go because you will needs them!!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike, I would get a set of 1550s and have them ready to go because you will need

haha
your probably correct steve.
also hearing a huge rubber shortage about to hit so better stockpile em

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
I should be in the high 220 range this year and im going to keep a close eye on my 3197.My wing angle is 3 down but im hearing MT wants the wing at 0 to help stop blistering.
seeing im a hoosier dealer it would probably be appropriate thing to do anyways.!

mine use to blister at 0-3

J.R. Baxter

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
https://i.imgur.com/6CpwStw.jpg

J.R. Baxter

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:

Mario Boesch took the 3197s off this weekend and put 1550s on his TD and after the 1st pass he told me the car was never that smooth and he wanted to jack off at the end of the track he was so happy. The only change he made was raised the top bar 1 hole to take out some bite. Pressure at 4.5. He made it to the semis in race 2. At the end of the race he also bought some 1550s for Darians car who won race 1 on Mickeys.

BTW I went 234.78 MPH on the 1500s this weekend and no blisters or chunking Big Grin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mario Boesch took the 3197s off

why did he take them off?