Find
Notify
Tools

INDY 3/LODRS TD Final Qualifying
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted

Posts: 414 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Doug Crumlich
posted Hide Post
Looks like a bunch of Top guys stayed home when they took the second race from them and gave them the National event parking, schedule but no National event purse?

Pretty low turnout.

Top Sportsman

Posts: 318 | Location: Irvine,CA,92606 | Registered: December 29, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Really sad when only 20 cars show up for a D3 TD race at Indy

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think alot of them figure there will be no season past the US nationals, so why go?

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TD5023
posted Hide Post
There was an OSCA race at Kil-Kare this weekend that included TS and TD and I know it drew several who otherwise likely would have gone to Indy (and still probably would have if the schedule wasn't so messed up).

Posts: 33 | Location: Davenport, IA | Registered: April 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD5023:
There was an OSCA race at Kil-Kare this weekend that included TS and TD and I know it drew several who otherwise likely would have gone to Indy (and still probably would have if the schedule wasn't so messed up).

And it paid $5k to win for a 1 day race, unless you are chasing NHRA points a no brainer IMO. Tom Martino who was RU in the 5K was at Indy and lost round 1 and made the short drive to make the race

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
yes , there were 20 T/D racers at Kil-kare for a 16 car shootout .... as well as 17 T/S cars ....

4 days for NHRA race for $1200 or 1 day for $5000 ., it was a no brainer to go to Kil-Kare ...

it was a very well run race as well ... OSCA did an outstanding job with it ..

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:
yes , there were 20 T/D racers at Kil-kare for a 16 car shootout .... as well as 17 T/S cars ....

4 days for NHRA race for $1200 or 1 day for $5000 ., it was a no brainer to go to Kil-Kare ...

it was a very well run race as well ... OSCA did an outstanding job with it ..

And congrats on getting the win and $5K check!!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
there were several of us that were upset/frustrated that they changed it from 2 races for the weekend to just 1. i'm sure the message fell on deaf ears with the NHRA, but that's the reason myself and several others chose not to go.

Posts: 133 | Location: ohio | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:

And congrats on getting the win and $5K check!!

Big "C" got the win and the check .... I just push the car to the lanes ... Wink

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post