Tools

NHRA Denver
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted
So whats with the car counts?

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
You talking National next month right? WOW Only 5 T/s cars and 16 T/D racers....weak so far...

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of COPO Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
You talking National next month right? WOW Only 5 T/s cars and 16 T/D racers....weak so far...

Everyone hates it here!

It's my home but we don't exactly get treated super. There is only room for 300 cars on the pavement. The Pro's end up using over a 100+ for all their rigs and stuff. On top of that, you go a lot slower here. Had a guy once tell me "Why would I drive that far to be pitted in the dirt and my car go slow?"... Hard to answer that. Frown We normally end up with 20 to 28 Top Dragster Cars. Comp only has ONE entry!!!!

Posts: 15 | Location: Denver Colorado | Registered: June 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I plan to go but not a fan of the place, mostly just because of the parking

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1517 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of COPO Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:

Are you one of Danny's friends? He told me his two friends from Texas were trying to get him to come out here.

Posts: 15 | Location: Denver Colorado | Registered: June 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
These guys are right, we're entered for S/C but I'm sure this is the last time. Been racing here many years, but NHRA and the Bandimere favoritism shown to their "pet" racers has always relegated us to the north 40 dirt. Until they reel in the circus and free up some decent parking, there's just no desire to be subjected to that.

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by COPO Rat:
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:

Are you one of Danny's friends? He told me his two friends from Texas were trying to get him to come out here.

probably so

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1517 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of TD5023
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by COPO Rat:
Everyone hates it here!

It's my home but we don't exactly get treated super. There is only room for 300 cars on the pavement. The Pro's end up using over a 100+ for all their rigs and stuff. On top of that, you go a lot slower here. Had a guy once tell me "Why would I drive that far to be pitted in the dirt and my car go slow?"... Hard to answer that. Frown We normally end up with 20 to 28 Top Dragster Cars. Comp only has ONE entry!!!!

This. Bandimere is in-division for me, but it's so far away that it might as well not be. Also, the closest track with any altitude adjustment at all is 9 hours away, so testing to get a thin air tuneup isn't reasonable. It's much less of a headache to go to a couple D3 races and skip west D5 altogether. As for comp, since it's not subject to the quota system, there's no reason to enter early. Might as well wait and make sure nothing comes up.

Posts: 33 | Location: Davenport, IA | Registered: April 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Heard a rumor yesterday that there will be twenty or so no-prep cars there also and they were promised that they get to park on the pavement. Doesn’t affect us any, we’re always in the dirt but still..........

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Heard a rumor yesterday that there will be twenty or so no-prep cars there also and they were promised that they get to park on the pavement. Doesn’t affect us any, we’re always in the dirt but still..........
Hmmmmm. So how's that "no prep" show gonna run on a national event prepped track??? Lol. Cool JB

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
Bandimere Speedway has been my home track from the time my dad started racing in '82 until my wife and I moved to AZ last year. The low car counts, in my opinion, are a combination of three things. The altitude, its geographic location, and their pits. It's really to bad they can't do anything to make the pits anymore racer friendly, because the race track is something everyone should see once in their life. You won't ever find a better place to watch finish line driving than the "birds eye" view you get at Bandimere.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of COPO Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:

If that is true that BLOWS!!!

Unless you are one of the first 40 in line you are in the dirt. NO prep should just stay away from National events IMO!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
sst5167 , where in AZ did you move to? We going to see racing in AZ .... Welcome to the desert Southwest....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
quote:
sst5167 , where in AZ did you move to? We going to see racing in AZ .... Welcome to the desert Southwest....

We moved to Lake Havasu City. We haven't had the time to break into the bracket racing scene much here, but we do intend on doing much more next year. As of now, my wife and I have mostly run D7 divisional stuff, and plan to hit about 5 nationals still this season. I run super gas, and my wife runs super comp.

Mike Boehner

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Mike sounds like you have a full program , may see you at a Spring Fling if I can swing some time off around then ....LOL

DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike sounds like you have a full program , may see you at a Spring Fling if I can swing some time off around then ....LOL

Where abouts are you located? Where do you do most of your racing?

Mike Boehner

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Mike , I live in Tucson but race Wild Horse Pass and Tucson Dragway and a Vegas race once a year. I'm not much of a traveler , or even a joiner not a member of either team. I could care less about team points , my work schedule always changing so I race when I can.

There is a group called Arizona Super Comp Assoc. that has been going on the few years. Mostly Div. 7 racers who are gearing up for major events. They have low entry fees and good payouts . Paid outs are good because They have some good sponsorship. Its run by Rich Lash here's his e-mail to get info

Rich lash [rlashl702@gmail.com]

I forgot one team I do join is Arizona Super Street Assoc. Its only 6 races a year but these guys who run mostly Div. and some Nationals use this as a tune up.... Gotta love running on the stop.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike , I live in Tucson but race Wild Horse Pass and Tucson Dragway and a Vegas race once a year. I'm not much of a traveler , or even a joiner not a member of either team. I could care less about team points , my work schedule always changing so I race when I can.

There is a group called Arizona Super Comp Assoc. that has been going on the few years. Mostly Div. 7 racers who are gearing up for major events. They have low entry fees and good payouts . Paid outs are good because They have some good sponsorship. Its run by Rich Lash here's his e-mail to get info

Rich lash [rlashl702@gmail.com]

I forgot one team I do join is Arizona Super Street Assoc. Its only 6 races a year but these guys who run mostly Div. and some Nationals use this as a tune up.... Gotta love running on the stop.....

I will keep an eye for ya if we ever get out that way. I did run Chris Forsyth's bracket race last Feb. It was a great event, other than I stuffed my car in the wall. I can't wait to get back out there and run. Jim has done a great job with the track.

Look forward to meeting you at the races someday.
Mike

Mike Boehner

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I heard something about that , was that on Saturday? I only could come out for Sunday and lost when I made it to the ladder rounds. Each year Chris keeps stepping up his game , we just need to find a way to keep Kyle at home next year....hahaha

Yep we are lucky to have Big Jim taking care of things, he has a hard working crew.

Look forward to meeting you too ...Nick