Find
Notify
Tools

Nose weight ???
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of bobalbertyjr
posted
260" Monden hard tail / slip joint, weighs 2070lbs with me in it.
.980, 6.0, 235 mph
Have a weight bar in the nose (in front of the spindles) weighs 16lbs (tubing & shot) but isn't full by any means.
Wondered what others were doing in a similar combination as far as how much weight.
I think it is sporadically snatching the fronts out of the beams instead of running through them.

Posts: 36 | Location: Broken Arrow Oklahoma | Registered: July 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
How much weight is on the front wheels when on the scales?

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bobalbertyjr
posted Hide Post
Cant answer that truthfully. I've never had it on scales other than after a lap. I wasn't smart enough to remember the end weights when they had to weigh ine end then the other.

Posts: 36 | Location: Broken Arrow Oklahoma | Registered: July 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Just an example of how my two cars if it helps. The first one is a 225in hard tail slip joint that weighs 2065 with 536 on the nose or 26% of the total weight. I needed to add weight to keep the nose down running 6.40's @214. The second car is a 262in hard tail slip tube that weighs 1985 with 458 on the nose or 23% and rarely lifts a front tire running 6.30's@215. Hopefully this will help.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobalbertyjr:
Cant answer that truthfully. I've never had it on scales other than after a lap. I wasn't smart enough to remember the end weights when they had to weigh ine end then the other.

You can use a bathroom scale. Just set one wheel on it, and shim the other to the same height. Multiply X2 and it should be very close.

I ran 500 lbs on my 1800 lb. hardtail. 7.20's (I added 65 lbs. to the nose to get to 500 lbs.) Approx. 28%

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Mark just for comparison what is your wheel base?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
FWIW, mine is right at 475# with me in it, 38# in the nose and a front mounted fuel tank.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3094 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of bobalbertyjr
posted Hide Post
Being a hard tail / slip joint, shorty glide, everything is on the rear.
Sounds to me i need some more in the nose. And a pen and paper next time I go across the scales.
Thank you for the replies, and I'll let you know what I find out.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
Mark just for comparison what is your wheel base?

My Uyehara car was 235". (I think) I really kept the weight in it for S/C to keep the wheels from popping out of the beams.

I may scale my Mullis this weekend to see what its at.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post