Top Dragster in Great Bend
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted
qualifying

No bump but check out Sackuvich... 6.10 @ 245 ! Wow

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Big boost.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
He was only 1.15 to the sixty and 4.11 to the 1/8th. That car is crazy fast in the back half.
Anyone with a procharger and lots of money should toss that carburator in the trash and buy EFI

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
5.93 @ 249 first round Holy Moly

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
That’s fast! So he got a warning?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4479 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
What the heck , who said Phil could go out and play....

6 D712 Phil Dion, Paradise Valley AZ, '16 Yancer 6.198 230.33 234.33

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
oops thats 2 in one race....

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of TD5023
posted Hide Post
Two in one race, but for a D5 guy Smile

Posts: 33 | Location: Davenport, IA | Registered: April 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
He posted on FB NHRA said dont do it again!!! Or risk suspention. Such BS

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
He was only 1.15 to the sixty and 4.11 to the 1/8th. That car is crazy fast in the back half.
Anyone with a procharger and lots of money should toss that carburator in the trash and buy EFI

EFI isnt what does that..... plus 18k + in efi is bs or I would already have one one mine, loved efi when I ran it years ago

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rhino
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
quote:

EFI isnt what does that..... plus 18k + in efi is bs or I would already have one one mine, loved efi when I ran it years ago

I can get you a deal for less than 18K J.R. Full Moon

Procharger Hemi
Spitzer Racecars

Posts: 1379 | Location: Harley Town Wisconsin USA | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
quote:

Maybe or maybe not but I guarantee that engine is way more efficient than any carburetor could ever be. Tuning from a lap top and having the fuel, boost and timing maps all in sync is what produces runs like that IMO

DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve: Tuning from a lap top and having the fuel, boost and timing maps all in sync is what produces runs like that IMO

Having PROLINE on the valve covers is what produces runs like that.

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve: Tuning from a lap top and having the fuel, boost and timing maps all in sync is what produces runs like that IMO

That and a bunch of boost.......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:
quote:

That and a bunch of boost.......

Exactly!!

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
steve what would your mph be at say 50lbs

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1396 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:

Boom!

Most Chevy's don't need and can't handle that much boost.

That Hemi is a billet block with high end internals.....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yea building big boost is easy but its way more than that, what impresses me is how he gets it down the track. His Q2 with a 1.15 60ft, 4.11 1/8th, 6.10@245.94 out the back is whats impressive to me more than the 5.93 @ 249 pass

He backed it down a bit for Q1 of the 2nd race, 6.14 @ 239

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:

Boom!

Most Chevy's don't need and can't handle that much boost.

That Hemi is a billet block with high end internals.....

Yea BBC bottom end has always been its biggest limit with blower.While Hemi heads get a lot of credit the bottom end is just way stronger which allows it to handle lot more blower. With alcohol motor a great blower is all you need.You can screw the tune up and still haul the mail. As long as rods stay in for 1321' that is.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Chris that's why I said "most" Chevys...….the New Century block is deep skirted and has cross-bolted mains, looks just like a Hemi and it has 1/2" head studs that go deep into the block.

http://newcenturyperformance.com/Blocks.htm

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2