New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suit requirements
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Are there any changes to the clothing requirements for a RED when you go to forced induction, like a turbocharger? I have, um, a friend who decided to ruin a perfectly good bracket car with turbos over the winter. Lots of testing to do, and will be starting with partial passes to get a handle on the tuneup and all the other questions about this, well, unique combo.

Rule book clearly defines it seems that the -15 everything plus the Haans is required faster than 7.49. Obviously if this combo works at all, that will be needed eventually. But anything about the turbo that overrides the time for clothing?

Remember...asking for a friend.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6367 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TD5023
posted Hide Post
Nope. I use a -15 suit with a blower, so you will be fine.

Posts: 33 | Location: Davenport, IA | Registered: April 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ok reading what I wrote, nobody would understand my question. LOL.
I own a -5
Added a turbo, and will be testing with half passes. Over 7.5 second et
Can I test with the -5 while I figure out if I will even go fast enough for a -15? Does a turbo on a slow, open car demand a -15 by itself?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6367 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
I don't have an NHRA rule book, but I thought supercharged was a 20 suit or is that just for FED?

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD6297:
I don't have an NHRA rule book, but I thought supercharged was a 20 suit or is that just for FED?

Front engine, if not I have been passing tech with the wrong suit lol

Posts: 2405 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
it's kinda written weird. Not sure what the commas mean.
The odd thing for me is if the car is a RED and taking test hits over 7.49.....I guess there is no further requirement for either -15 or -20

Advanced E.T. — 6.00 (3.66) — 7.49 (4.49)

Mandatory 3.2A/15 jacket and pants or suit, 3.3/5 gloves, 3.3/5 shoes/boots. Forced induction, front-engine, open-bodied cars: 3.2A/20 jacket and pants or suit, 3.3/15 gloves, 3.3/15 shoes/boots. SFI 3.3 headsock or skirted helmet required for any car 7.49 or quicker when not using a neck collar

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
But a sparco air-15 is on the way.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
But a sparco air-15 is on the way.

How much was the Sparco suit Bucky?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4447 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
$1372 at Biondo, coupon racerdiscount
Jacket and Pants -15

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Happy with the fit and weight of the sparco. Seems nice.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo