Find
Notify
Tools

Max Dial in NHRA Top Dragster
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Is there a maximum dial in for T/D.??
6.10 is the minimum ...so is there a Max..
Looking at the Summit National Event Sportsman classes make up race and there are several cars in T/D that are qualified slower than 7.50
Seems contrary to the purpose of Top Dragster

Posts: 227 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Rulebook shows 7.70 in 1/4 and 4.99 in 1/8

Posts: 2403 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yep, always has been.

D3 Michigan race 2010 the red and black car from Illinois (they eventually put a blower on it but thinking it was NA at the time) dialed 7.73. Pretty sure Mcilvain was in the other lane. There was a bunch of commotion and it took a while to get an NHRA official to tell them they had to change it.

Now, if it’s a full field quicker than 7.60 bump, then you must dial .1 above the bump or quicker.

Same year, Craig Sullivan broke his Ford in between the first attempt at Indy and the makeup after the rain. Shocking right? He Didn’t hurt the scoop that time though. Anyways, the bump was 7.33 and he rolls up with a 7.60 on the car to run me. Meanwhile I’m sitting there with 7.43 on my car and no advanced ET license (ran 7.50 and me and Craig were the first 2 alternates).

My crew tries to explain to Craig that he needs to put a 7.43 on the car but he’s not having it so they go get an official. After a bunch of arm flailing, he refuses to change his dial and is turned around and sent back to the pits (or left in protest, I was never really sure). My nitrous WOT switch fell off in the burnout and I got my first ever T/D round win with an 8 something ET.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
dan fletcher keeps doing that trying to sneak in weak fields with 7.60 dials..
got to respect Biondo at least he borrowed a car that would go 6.10 plus

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
It's not sneaking in if he is following the rule's and he run's quicker then the bump or class max dial. Some of you guy's need to stop worrying about each other tool size. After all did you happen to notice what the 2018 T/D Champ usually dialed. JS Signed medium dragster.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I do wonder why the hate for the slower cars that round out a field. More of a question than anything. The OP mentioned the intent of TD. If someone makes the minimum dial, and qualifies, isn't that a good thing? Isn't it good to get all the spots filled with cars that run faster than the minimum dial? Why the hate if a bracket/super comp car gets in your field? Do you give the same hate to the 6.90's car that squeaks into a faster field? Look at the spread at Indy. Are the 7.30's cars that "squeak into" a field going to get the cold shoulder as well? What qualifies as earning your stripes in TD? It's not a TD if you can drive it back to the pits? If you can hot lap the car in 15 minutes...not a td? They didn't give the class a spread if the intent was for everyone to run the same. THAT would be index racing.....which at some events seems to be what it has become.

I thought the intent was to make a faster bracket class with a requirement to qualify to get into it.

I like seeing different car setups. How different are the cars running in Indy? It would be great to see a breakdown of the combos. They made weight breaks for different combos to encourage....well different combos. Any NA cars make it in? Any small blocks? I'm guessing it was all big blocks with either procharger, top supercharger, or maybe a few juiced on very large engines?

I just hope this doesn't turn into a consolation class for those who can't quite do TAD. Speaking of which. I wonder if they hate on the slowest qualifier. The nerve of this guy running a td in tad!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6364 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Just curious who's car did Pete borrow for Indy? The man can certainly drive a TD, did you see the string of lights he cut? WOW!

Bob

Posts: 3074 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
He was in Bertozzi’s car

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
No matter what car Peter gets in he will cut a great light and take the win!

Shake head

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I do wonder why the hate for the slower cars that round out a field. More of a question than anything. The OP mentioned the intent of TD. If someone makes the minimum dial, and qualifies, isn't that a good thing?

There was quite a heated thread here a couple years ago about this

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post