DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Top Dragster & Top Sportsman Forums - by Oakley Motorsports    Serious Question: TD - Going from Nitrous to ProCharger in SoCal?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Serious Question: TD - Going from Nitrous to ProCharger in SoCal?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted
I posted this in the Tech section too.

After flogging nitrous for too many year with a 548ci BBC we have decided get rid of all of the nitrous stuff and move to a Side Slinger ProCharger.

I need help with basic questions:
1. Who at ProCharger Support is the best contact for a blower newbie [I haven't run a blower since TF in the mid 70's and it was a 671 Roots type!].
2. Who in SoCal is the "Go To" person for blow through carburetors? I rather have a local source, if possible.

We have the time and money to make the change and want to do things one time right. Top Dragster is a fast bracket race and we are looking for ensuring that we can qualify with consistency and reliability, not being able to run a 6.10 ET!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Gerard,

Posts: 413 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you buy anything for a procharger other than APD stuff ur crazy. Apd is above and beyond in the procharger blow thru carb area

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
As he said, APD has the stuff down. Hope you're not switching to avoid breakage and carnage, you are in for a rude awakening.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
walt sipp at procharger

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1390 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post