New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stipe takers in TS
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
How many of you run a stripe taker so you have the max overhang on your cars?

Posts: 48 | Location: litchfield n.h. | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
There are a handful paying attention...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4473 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This weekend at epping they told us to take it off saying it was illegal. But let everyone run them all year.

Posts: 48 | Location: litchfield n.h. | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Front overhang not to exceed
45 inches forward of the front spindle. If front overhang of selected
body is less than the maximum of 45 inches, an NHRA-accepted
extension may be added to reach the maximum length.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4473 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Told us at Houston early this year to take it off of our truck. We put one on years ago when we ran Texas Pro Stock to even it out with the cars. I personally think it is stupid to make us take them off. The McAmis bodies have them built in the front end and they did not make them cut them off.

Abbott Racing Heads
(432) 558-2841

Posts: 39 | Location: Crane, Texas | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Look at the funny cars... have you ever seen such large body handles on the front bumpers? No! Stripe takers!

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth:
Told us at Houston early this year to take it off of our truck. We put one on years ago when we ran Texas Pro Stock to even it out with the cars. I personally think it is stupid to make us take them off. The McAmis bodies have them built in the front end and they did not make them cut them off.

Protest it in writing, they need to be clear not partial. One can , one cannot is BS. As long as it’s not out in front of the further most body part. Can u post a pic?

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
they said it’s in general rules. But not in the top sportsman rules.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Makes you wonder why all of the sudden ? Somebody was in their ear.

Raceless in California!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I do not see how they can make you change if total overhang is within rules. Then its their sandbox.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4175 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
I do not see how they can make you change if total overhang is within rules. Then its their sandbox.

Are you serious!!!!! We are talking NHRA here!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
hence last part of post.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4175 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It’s was worth .05 in the 1/4.

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I have one on my car but it doesn't go past the end of the nose, it's higher...so instead of my tires taking the stripe the very edge of the nose of the car does....has won me a few rounds because of that, running side by side with another car without one....but I've lost a few as well for the same reason when I wasn't on my dial......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post