New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forced Induction Engine Builders
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I’m researching a potential new project and looking for an experienced engine builder with expertise in force induction (centrifugal supercharger and/or turbo). I know about Steve Morris, Proline, and Nelson, but looking for additional recommendations.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posts: 3 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Jim Evans at Rolla Competition Engines

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3094 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
The Top Dragster & Top Sportsman forum sponsor has built a pro charged motor that is currently running in D3 and D5 that is going 6 teens and its got less than 15 runs on the combo. I would atleast give him a call and see what he can do for your program.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 701 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
scoggins and ****ey jeff,give me a call if you need contacts

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1389 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Jim Evans at Rolla Competition Engines

X2

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Tommy Keeter (KPE) in Wichita Falls Texas is another well known roots type supercharged engine builder. Solid reputation.

Bob

Posts: 3058 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Joey Hessling at APD

Posts: 154 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
None of these shops will be “in-expensive”, these engines are very “expensive”.

Bob

Posts: 3058 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
None of these shops will be “in-expensive”, these engines are very “expensive”.

Bob

Say it isn't so! Laughing Hard

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3094 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I built my own and so far I have been very happy with the results....

If its good I own it, if its bad I own it, never in my life have a I paid someone to build me a engine, its just how I roll

Posts: 2395 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Like you Steve, I never had the money to pay someone to build an engine for me I’ve always done them myself. However, machine work falls into another category so I have trusted known machine shops to do that work. Richard Maskin at Dart did the machine work on the last engine build, dead on with a zero.

Bob

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
In my 40 years(!) of racing I have always built my own engines. For this season, I did not because of my business taking so much of my time. I used Jim at Rolla Competition Engines because he is a one-man shop and doesn't have to depend on hired help, which as anyone is business can tell you is VERY hard to find. He also has a competition eliminator car that is always a threat to take the win, as it has done several times this year.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
I built my own and so far I have been very happy with the results....

If its good I own it, if its bad I own it, never in my life have a I paid someone to build me a engine, its just how I roll

x2.
Anyone who builds engines can build forced induction engine. My first complete build injected 454 ,my second blown injected 526 hemi TA/FC was 3 years later before we blew one. Not bada$$ just there is not that much to a engine. Who is going to care more the guy you pay or you? All have clearances and torque's plain and simple.

I'm sure I will get to point I can't build a engine,but at that point I want need or want a race car. Just me and what gives me joy.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4156 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
PAR racing engines has built some nice procharger motors. KB has been running their engines in top dragster of course

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Tommy Keeter (KPE) in Wichita Falls Texas is another well known roots type supercharged engine builder. Solid reputation.

Bob
Laughing Hard

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Have to give a shout out to Aaron Sipple

Still holds the IHRA TD record for ET and speed.

TD..Sheldon Bissessar..PSTL/Total Lubricants/ Ironman Chassis ..‘10 Ironman..Palm Beach 01/11..5.684@243.37

Currently builds and crew chief for Tony Mancini in outlaw racing. Knows it all including Nitro..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3302 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post