DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Top Dragster & Top Sportsman Forums - by Oakley Motorsports    fourty-eight car Fields for Topeka Double Hitter
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

fourty-eight car Fields for Topeka Double Hitter
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted
Good idea for bringing out more cars to the classes:

http://nhraracer.com/content/g...eid=70503&zoneid=175

{Let the Go Fast guys start their rants!}

Posts: 413 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
More cars...not exactly a given. I have yet to hear someone happy about this. It will be interesting to see how this affects field sizes.

Bumping the Sportsnationals from 32 to 64 absolutely killed car count so much that they are going back to 32. D5 must not have been paying attention.

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Total joke like sports national race in bowling Green keep bumps at 36

Posts: 11 | Location: new jersey | Registered: November 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
It will all be better now that NHRA is shutting off the win lights during qualifying. Uncontrollable Laugh

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
It will all be better now that NHRA is shutting off the win lights during qualifying. Uncontrollable Laugh

Remember you all heard it first HERE !!!!

Shake head

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Gerard:
Good idea for bringing out more cars to the classes:

http://nhraracer.com/content/g...eid=70503&zoneid=175

{Let the Go Fast guys start their rants!}

How can adding a round of racing plus 2 bye runs help anything?

Seems to me it just makes it an all run bracket race, if the slower cars want to keep playing in the TD sand box they just need to step up there game.

Im not a "go fast" guy at the moment but plan to be when I get there, I'm not jumping into this class to be a bottom dweller and risk a DNQ

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
quote:
they just need to step up there game.

If it was that easy, you could go run TF!

Not everyone can just "step up their game"!

Being an elitist is dumb in a Sportsman Class!

BTW: It's "their", not "there"! [See, I can be an elitist too!]

Posts: 413 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
There is already a class for guys that can't or won't try and run fast it's called super or super comp your choice

Posts: 11 | Location: new jersey | Registered: November 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
they just need to step up there game.

Being an elitist is dumb in a Sportsman Class!

]

Then maybe they should rename the class to medium dragster, I always felt Top dragster was kind of elite.

BTW you did not answer the question, how is adding a round of racing and 2 bye runs going to help the class?

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
I actually jokingly refer to our car as a medium dragster!

As it is just a fast bracket class, why spend to be in the top few?

Consistency is far more important than ET!

That being said, as the bump spots continue to drop, we are upgrading our package this year. We will still be a medium dragster, just a quicker one!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:

As it is just a fast bracket class, why spend to be in the top few?

Consistency is far more important than ET!

That being said, as the bump spots continue to drop, we are upgrading our package this year. We will still be a medium dragster, just a quicker one!

Steve Will wins the Winternats going 6.04 @ 234 on a 6.01 dial. Pretty badazz if you ask me

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
Stupid idea. I don't like it

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
I just heard that the NHRA is going to make Caitlyn Jenner the official starter at all these races. Laughing Hard

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bobalbertyjr
posted Hide Post
I entered into Top / Dragster in 2015 with high hopes and expectations. Then reality slapped me upside the head with a DNQ at the first race of the season.
I didn't *****. I didn't lobby the gestapo to change the format. I went home, did my homework, bought modern parts, and now I can qualify anywhere in the country.
The bumps are only going to get lower, it's the nature of the beast. Get on board, or get left in the wake. That's how I see things.

Posts: 36 | Location: Broken Arrow Oklahoma | Registered: July 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
As it should be. For some reason they keep trying to water down the class and turn it into an all run format. I think they already have that at most tracks,it’s called super pro.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Personally haven't seen any evidence that larger field size increases entries. In D1 all open races are 48 car fields and get less entries than the divisionals.
To me the excitement of TD is trying to qualify and ive had my dnqs like everyone else. As the class has evolved my medium dragster 6.5s to 6.7s are eventually not going to cut it so i am taking this year off to make the necesarry changes to have the capability to qualify anywhere.
I dont think its an elitist thing so much as its a choice to commit to a class. When someone builds a stocker they dont build it to also be able to run super gas. Stock is there class so thats what the car is built for. Yes top dragster is a bracket class and consistency is important but qualifying is what makes the game a little different. As for the elitist thing personally I tow my car to the track in an old 28ft trailer with a 06 3/4 ton chevy. Ocassionally I hear racers with toters that cost more than my house complain that TD is out of hand. Its all about where you chose to invest your time money and effort.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
every significant event that has gone from 32 to 48+ has failed. period.
most have gone back to 32.
I guess in Kansas they haven't learned anything yet.

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 81 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good turnout with a 6.67 Bump,6.33 at 32 cars and if I remembered right a 6.17 to be 16th

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Great turnout but still a bad idea in my opinion

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The mediums have been complaining?? I don’t see it working. The class has managed itself pretty well.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4479 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post