New
Find
Notify
Tools

TD General Questions
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
1. Is a full floater required over 200 MPH ?
2. Is a puke tank required on a Pro Charged engine if it has a dry sump ?

Thank You

Posts: 109 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
question 1...im 233mph no floater

question 2...next?

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
there use to be a requirement on the puke tank, even with a vac pump. Not sure if its still there. never have seen it enforced.

I use to use a tank inbetween my vac pump and engine, that was I way i technically legal. no one ever asked about it. eventually I got rid of the vac pump for I felt racing was easier without it.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: seabass,

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
REAR END

Aftermarket axles and axle-retention devices mandatory. Welded spider gears prohibited. Wheel studs must be 5/8-inch minimum. Aftermarket full-floating or live axle assembly mandatory on any vehicle that runs 5.99 and quicker or 240 mph and faster. Independent rear suspension prohibited.

the 5.99 is a DQ anyway and VERY FEW T/D's run faster than 240 ... there are some , but not sure NHRA is going to push that rule too much ...we put a floater in our new car , because It was piece of mind for me ..

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
If I built a new car having a full floater rear would not even be a question, I run 230-235 mph in my current car without one. The cost to convert my current car to a floater is just not in my budget at a cost of about $10K for a Mark Williams floater installed in the car

Posts: 2402 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
If I built a new car having a full floater rear would not even be a question, I run 230-235 mph in my current car without one. The cost to convert my current car to a floater is just not in my budget at a cost of about $10K for a Mark Williams floater installed in the car

Way cheaper way to go then the MW setup… the 10k$ kept me a way from it

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post