DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Top Dragster & Top Sportsman Forums - by Oakley Motorsports    Let's Talk Bumps-Any Bumps! Going Strong Since Jan. 2013
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 52
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's Talk Bumps-Any Bumps! Going Strong Since Jan. 2013
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
So since you have to drive a little ****her you deserve a participation ribbon our drives are 6 to 8 hours would rather deserve to race rather then show up and say I'm fast when I'm going 7.70 with my super comp / top Dragster car just saying

Posts: 11 | Location: new jersey | Registered: November 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Portland Oregon to Phoenix Arizona in 6-8 hours,that sure would be nice. Portland to Pomona in 6-8 hours,that would be nice. Portland to Vegas in 6-8 hours,that would be nice. Portland to Sonoma in 6-8 hours,that would be nice. Are you starting to get the picture? Oh I do agree that we should be 32 cars like everyone else but it is what it is. I have even voiced my opinion on the T/D advisory.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Bump at 64 cars ended up a 7.15,it would of been a 6.87 at 48 cars and a 6.70 at 32 cars.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
They just to make it 32 cars like rest of country still don't understand why if you have to drive ****her you should be automatically entered or dam near entered . So that's if I drive 14 hours to a race they should up qualifying # so I get in and get participation ribbon too? I know your for 32 just don't understand why guys are so against faster bumps I wish they would lower max dial to 6.99 but that would never happen pdra is looking better all the time

Posts: 11 | Location: new jersey | Registered: November 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
I don't know horseshoe,after ending up 20th with my 6.43 in Vegas 48 cars doesn't sound too bad,lol.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well, perhaps some of us don't want to spend everything we make to compete for $1200? And as Moe or someone said, our tracks are fewer and further between than the midwest and east. Maybe they should just allow 16 in and lower the bump to 5.50 and chase all of the rest off!

Posts: 82 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just feel it's a national championship and u have easier bumps and and extra round how is that fair to rest of country ? If you don't want to go fast and take chance on not qualifying then run super pro that way no one's feelings get hurt when u don't get in as far as chasing people away PDRA seems to be doing pretty good last race 86 top sportsman cars for 16 spots with 32 car consolation race

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am someone it affected a little, lol! But, I totally understand why they do it and I'll be honest I thought a 7.15 at Vegas was very respectable for 64 cars. I am so lucky, I gripe when we have to drive more than 6 hours and pretty sure Nero, Casner and the rest of the folks out there only have like 3 under 6 hour tows then its 10, 15, 19...and more.

The one PDRA race I went to was cool but they moved those to the East Coast so I can't do that...I'd be driving like the West Coasters do. LOL!

Carry on, just my .02

Lynn Ellison

Posts: 133 | Location: The Boat! | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Yep,one National at 3 hours,then it's 9,16,17,or 21. We do have 3 divisional under 5.5 hours. Paul and I were on the fence of going to Dallas but even that was over 18 from Vegas or 31 from Portland.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Cazman
posted Hide Post
One thing to remember with the 48 and 64 car fields is the only guy that benefits from it is the winner. Everybody else in the field gets one less point per round then the Divisions that run 32-car fields. You win 4 rounds in Div 1-5 you get 75 points, in Div 6 and 7 you will get 74 points. Win 5 rounds in Div 1-5 and you get 95 points, in Div 6 and 7 you get 84 points. Its a catch 22 deal with the points.

Steve Casner

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Posts: 455 | Location: Sheridan, CA USA | Registered: August 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Very good point Steve,I mean Champ!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The point everyone is missing is its easier to qualify when most of your fields never fill much easier to race slow then to have to actually go fast you tell me is car more consistent going 6.80 or 6.30 probably 6.80. in almost all cases I understand your point I just would like to see the class be fast everywhere that's all . I'm going probably save my last race for Vegas next year if things stay the same extra round could come in handy

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
Yep,one National at 3 hours,then it's 9,16,17,or 21. We do have 3 divisional under 5.5 hours. Paul and I were on the fence of going to Dallas but even that was over 18 from Vegas or 31 from Portland.

That sounds like it's pretty hard on input shafts........... Slap Head

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:

Brian you know it is,especially pulling that trailer up some of those grades.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry, I just had to say that.... Wink

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by horseshoe:
The point everyone is missing is its easier to qualify when most of your fields never fill much easier to race slow then to have to actually go fast you tell me is car more consistent going 6.80 or 6.30 probably 6.80. in almost all cases I understand your point I just would like to see the class be fast everywhere that's all . I'm going probably save my last race for Vegas next year if things stay the same extra round could come in handy

You should have been at Vegas. But I'm sure you were watching. There was a herd of 6.0- 6.5 cars!! Dialing what they Q at and very consistent.. Turning the car down is not as consistent for our camp.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4488 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

How many blue bottles to get home? HMMMM Kidding........

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4488 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
BP some of us qualified and then ran quicker first round.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
BP some of us qualified and then ran quicker first round.

Very impressive! I never get to watch rounds. Second round with you and the guys was a blast! What a show! It’s no wonder the Pros come up to watch. It’s bad AZZ!!

Raceless in California!

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Ok it is the start of a new year. Let’s start with a prediction for T/D and T/S in Pomona.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: T/D6591,