Find
Notify
Tools

TD/TS 2019 National Event Schedule!
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted

Posts: 413 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Hhhmm,
Looks like they dropped a couple, Epping NH being one of them.

I do see where they added TD to Indy BUT I bet you will need a 7 or 8 GP to get in.

I'm all set.
Big Grin

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
We lost Dallas which sucks but they added Houston but its the week before the double divsional at the Motorplex which also sucks because I cant take that much time off. So have to skip Houston. Looks like D7 made out like a bandit as far as nationals go. D5 lost Topeka so that also sucks for the D4 racers. Going to be really hard for a D4 car to chase the national points championship

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Big Steve,

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Why would D4 be any harder than D6 that only has one national event? And it was already proven that you can win a National Championship coming from D6.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
between dropping Dallas and our division directors nonchalant, ****ty attitude towards racers in general I just might take this year off and go back to bracket racing with my kids.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
Why would D4 be any harder than D6 that only has one national event? And it was already proven that you can win a National Championship coming from D6.

Never said it would be, just going to be hard with only 1 National and also loseing Topeka which most all D4 cars attend.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
D1 has 1 national and should just be considered a d2 race

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc4087:
between dropping Dallas and our division directors nonchalant, ****ty attitude towards racers in general I just might take this year off and go back to bracket racing with my kids.

if you do, Thanks! lol

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Considering the reduction of National events in 2019 for both TD and TS it might be time to think about attending some of the 1/8th or 1000 foot high dollar bracket events. Less travel, less time away from work and family and a MUCH bigger purse plus Promoters that treat you with dignity and respect. NHRA National events are really for the Pro Classes, not Sportsman Racers, your entry fees really fortify their purse not yours.

Yea, I know this isn’t going to be popular (I’ve been cursed at before) but consider the reality of the situation. When you add it all up and realize the direction NHRA has taken toward Sportsman Racers considering alternative options does make sense. 7 or 8 grade points to attend Indy and get parked in the mud...... really?

Bob

ps: I’ve also been cursed at for the American Flag in my front yard, don’t care.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RPROGAS,

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Progas is dead on.
The more changes (enhancements) they make the more I know I made the correct decision to bow out and go to PDRA.

I do this for the fun, when they start making it not fun I will fix it (as I did).

I know some guys don't have that option, I get it, but I'm going to take advantage of it while I can.

The only other enhancement left is to INCREASE the ENTRY FEES but NOT Increase the purse.

Eek

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pentastarrail,

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
FYI

I understand that NED will have TD added to their NHRA National event for 2019!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
That’s a step in the right direction, someone with a bunch of HP must have complained, good news for you folks.

Now all you have to do is to work on the purse.

Before I forget , congratulations to Paul Nero for winning the 2018 Championship!

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SC 119E
posted Hide Post
http://nhraracer.com/content/g...eid=71318&zoneid=175

Dan Page dragster
Harold Martin NA 632 w/MBE 11*
A-1 trans & converter
6.490 205.79

Posts: 9 | Location: Everett, Ma | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:

That sucks for the guys in the midwest who want to run for national points. We have lost Dallas, Topeka and now SL