DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Top Dragster & Top Sportsman Forums - by Oakley Motorsports    Top Dragster and Top Sportsman new index
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Dragster and Top Sportsman new index
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Everyone can run a 6:10 !! Now that's funny

Posts: 7 | Location: morton il | Registered: January 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I guess the warning for going under 6.00 in TD is going nation wide. Not going to name any names but a D4 car that has been warned in the past went under again at Topeka this weekend and has received a formal nationwide warning from the NHRA that if they go under anywhere in the country they will be suspended from NHRA competition. This is not a rumor, my son received a text from the driver involved

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I guess when everyone finally gets their diggers running 6 flat TD will become the worlds fastest index class @ 6.00.....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
If this is TRUE (NO reason to doubt it)

What ya know, RULE ENFORCEMENT.

This is the way it should be.

No reason to change anything,
JUST ENFORCE WHAT WE HAVE NOW.

How hard was that?

Issue RESOLVED.

Smile

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bobalbertyjr
posted Hide Post
Having been around since the pro comp days, and seeing how the alcohol cars have progressed over the years, I have been telling people that T/D would end up a 6.0 index at the hands of the racers. Guess I was wrong, as it looks like the number will be 6.1.
Wonder what the speed limit will be. 240, 250, 260?
No throttle stops allowed, but there are lots of other options to end up with similar results to what we have in the super classes.
Mountain motors in pro stock is a good idea. Keeps the establishment occupied and lessens the available time to look at others.

Posts: 36 | Location: Broken Arrow Oklahoma | Registered: July 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
So 6.10 for 2019.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, so what actually *is* the rule as it is written? Just watched Moser run 5.90 in elims and they said it would just show as a break out.

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
its different for nhra sponsors and advertisers,says so right in the rule book

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
its different for nhra sponsors and advertisers,says so right in the rule book

Laughing Hard

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD6297:
Hmmm, so what actually *is* the rule as it is written? Just watched Moser run 5.90 in elims and they said it would just show as a break out.

He went 90 first round fow the win when his opponet relighted. He then went 97 2nd round for the breckout loss. Wonder what NHRA said to him if anything

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rhino
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:

He went 90 first round fow the win when his opponet relighted. He then went 97 2nd round for the breckout loss. Wonder what NHRA said to him if anything

Nothing to say it was just a breakout ...

Rolla Competition Engines
Procharger Hemi
Spitzer Racecars

Posts: 1379 | Location: Harley Town Wisconsin USA | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rhino:
quote:
quote:

Nothing to say it was just a breakout ...

I know someone who hs gone under 3 times at 3 differant tracks, first 2 got him a verble warning, 3 time in a differant division got him a formal nationwide warning from NHRA that if he goes under again at any track in the counrty he will be suspended for the remainder of the season

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I saw that too, first the 90 and won that with the redlight in the other lane then the breakout 97. That is why I was wondering how the rule is actually written. I don't have a NHRA rule book to check it myself.

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
quote:

I saw that too, first the 90 and won that with the redlight in the other lane then the breakout 97. That is why I was wondering how the rule is actually written. I don't have a NHRA rule book to check it myself.

It's not written anywhere. It's up to interpretation by whoever is in charge that particular day at that particular track and what kind of day that said person is having.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of bobalbertyjr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc4087:
quote:

It's not written anywhere. It's up to interpretation by whoever is in charge that particular day at that particular track and what kind of day that said person is having.

clapping

Posts: 36 | Location: Broken Arrow Oklahoma | Registered: July 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Nothing was said to them at the track either...

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1516 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:

So maybe its ok to go under at a National event but not a divisional race...

Be interesting to see if anything is said or done at the Ennis national if someone runs a 90 with Trey Capps onsite

DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:

So maybe its ok to go under at a National event but not a divisional race...

Be interesting to see if anything is said or done at the Ennis national if someone runs a 90 with Trey Capps onsite

Gateway is D3, D3 has always been fine to go under whether it is a divisional or national. You're just in the wrong division. Big Grin

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
Ok, I get it, I think. so the 90's are just a simple break out...and the only issue would be the safety gear and certs for running under 6.0?

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
This is what is supposed to happen;
One warning, for the season. Second run under 6.00 is supposed to be a dq from event. Doesn’t matter if eliminations or qualifying. If first is in eliminations, racer may advance but would not get Lane choice in following round.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post