DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Top Dragster & Top Sportsman Forums - by Oakley Motorsports    Top Dragster and Top Sportsman new index
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Dragster and Top Sportsman new index
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
Yes, I remember.

I just don't like the way they do things without getting our input.
As I said before, they have the rules in place, just enforce them.
How hard is that?

ENFORCE it, IF you go in the 5's AT ANY TIME, Qualifying OR Eliminations it is a DQ.
DONE. It's already a DQ if it happens in Qualifying (run doesn't count).

No need to change the class ET.

BELIEVE ME, the first time a guy loses a round of eliminations (even though he went under by less) by going in the 5's he will be slowing his car down the next race.

Not to mention as soon as other guys see his DQ they will be pulling power away.

It would take care of itself IF they would just ENFORCE it.

OH yeah, and it does NOT matter if he is TAD legal or not, it's a DQ whenever you go in the 5's.
Beating Dead Horse
My thoughts exactly Frank. Nothing needs to be changed,the rules are already in place they just need to be enforced.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
ENFORCE it, IF you go in the 5's AT ANY TIME, Qualifying OR Eliminations it is a DQ.
DONE. It's already a DQ if it happens in Qualifying (run doesn't count).

Frank I have to ask. And I am really not being a smart ass about this. Last year when I questioned whether this was a rule or not.After Mike Coughlin won a round on a 5.99 breakout at Norwalk You and Mike were adamant that there was no such rule and that the 6.0 had nothing to do with a safety cut off only a min. dial. You compared it to the 9.00 min in pro eliminator. Ryan Smith went on a rant about how I was just trying to destroy the faster cars or something stupid like that. I forget the details. As entertaining as it was it was pretty unproductive. I repeated throughout the whole post that I didn't care what the rule was just handle it the same everywhere

So now you are saying there is a rule that says if you go 5.99 you are out that just hasn't been enforced. Or it has been enforced some of the time it sounds like which is even worse. Again I am asking because this is very different than what I was hearing last year.

And honestly if anyone has gotten DQd this year for it they got screwed when it happened repeatedly last year and was ignored. And that was exactly the point of my post last year is that I didn't want to see that happen.

As for consulting all of us I don't know of any class where they consult the racers on safety rules. Does PDRA ask the racers their opinion about the rules? honest question I don't know the answer.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
BJ.

What you were told last year was 100% true and accurate at that time, they didn't enforce the rule and 5 second runs were OK.

NOW they want to stop the 5 second runs, FINE, just enforce the 5 second rule, you go in the 5's it's a DQ.

They have the rules, just tell everyone that you (NHRA) will be ENFORCING the rules and that NO 5 second runs will be allowed in Qualifying or Eliminations.
DONE

There is NO need to re-invent the wheel when everything is already in place other than enforcement.

Just enforce what rules are already in place.
How hard is that.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
5 second runs were never "OK", in qualifying it was a DQ'ed run, eliminations were not handled consistently.

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 82 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scott @ Moroso
posted Hide Post
NHRA wants to have it so a double break out can be below the 6.10 minmium and not break 6 rules in the certification rule book. At a 6.00 minimum you can't have that exist and be legal.

Scott Hall
Sales Engineer
Moroso Performance
scotth@moroso.com

Posts: 54 | Location: Guilford Ct. | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Scott as it is now a double break out below 6.10 is OK and is not a problem. Heck a double break out at 6.02 is OK. The problem is only when someone goes below 6.00 into the 5's which has always against the rules but never enforced.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rhino
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MasRacing:

Frank I have to ask. And I am really not being a smart ass about this.

Ryan Smith went on a rant about how I was just trying to destroy the faster cars or something stupid like that. I forget the details. As entertaining as it was it was pretty unproductive. I repeated throughout the whole post that I didn't care what the rule was just handle it the same everywhere

Unproductive and entertaining but yet you forget the details? Thats funny because I went back and re read your original post dated June of 2017 Nothing that you are whining about me is stated. Maybe you have me confused with tubie so Before you spew trash about me you may want to go back and catch up on the facts there Bud ... I wouldnt want you to be buthurt for another year .....
Power Tool

Rolla Competition Engines
Procharger Hemi
Spitzer Racecars

Posts: 1379 | Location: Harley Town Wisconsin USA | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unproductive and entertaining but yet you forget the details? Thats funny because I went back and re read your original post dated June of 2017 Nothing that you are whining about me is stated. Maybe you have me confused with tubie so Before you spew trash about me you may want to go back and catch up on the facts there Bud ... I wouldnt want you to be buthurt for another year .....

In fairness I probably shouldn't have dragged your name into it. So I apologize for that. Wouldn't exactly call it spewing trash only an interpretation of your comments Just like you made the assumption that I wanted to see Mike DQd which was not correct.I think you used the word entertainment in your comment as well. On the other hand no buthurt at all I have thicker skin than that. And in fairness having reread I may have lumped some of your comments together with tubecarz. At least all of your comments related to racing.

The reason for even remembering and bringing that whole mess of post up was that its ironic to me that one year later all of the sudden its a big issue. At the time I was told I was making a big deal out of nothing. Now with no current rule change cars are being DQd that is wrong. If it wasn't being enforced then it shouldn't be enforced now. So consistency is an issue. Pretty much exactly the concern that I was expressing in that post has happened.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rhino
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MasRacing:
quote:

In fairness I probably shouldn't have dragged your name into it. So I apologize for that. Wouldn't exactly call it spewing trash only an interpretation of your comments Just like you made the assumption that I wanted to see Mike DQd which was not correct.I think you used the word entertainment in your comment as well. On the other hand no buthurt at all I have thicker skin than that. And in fairness having reread I may have lumped some of your comments together with tubecarz. At least all of your comments related to racing.

The reason for even remembering and bringing that whole mess of post up was that its ironic to me that one year later all of the sudden its a big issue. At the time I was told I was making a big deal out of nothing. Now with no current rule change cars are being DQd that is wrong. If it wasn't being enforced then it shouldn't be enforced now. So consistency is an issue. Pretty much exactly the concern that I was expressing in that post has happened.

apology accepted. As far as this hole mess has gone I have not heard of anyone in D3 being on the chopping block. Faster than 6.0 breakout applies in eliminations and faster than 6.0 DQ applies to qualifying rounds. D4 is treating it differently. Joliet national I qualified with a 6.05. E1 because of the weather change I could have easily gone 5.90 without a tuneup change. There is no room for error with a 6.0 either way. 6.10 is prolly the most logical at this point. I dont really like it but if I want to run this class I have no choice ...

Procharger Hemi
Spitzer Racecars

Posts: 1379 | Location: Harley Town Wisconsin USA | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Ryan why not 6.05? Surely you can dial within that. Super Angry Plus you still owe me ice cream and beer. Hurry Up

DRR Pro
Picture of Rhino
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
Ryan why not 6.05? Surely you can dial within that. Super Angry Plus you still owe me ice cream and beer. Hurry Up

Whatever they come up with Moe.. Big Grin

Had you stayed around after you guys lost first round you could have joined us for fillets and cheesecake !! BlahBlah

Procharger Hemi
Spitzer Racecars

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rhino:
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:

Whatever they come up with Moe.. Big Grin

Had you stayed around after you guys lost first round you could have joined us for fillets and cheesecake !! BlahBlah
That would be the semi of the AllStars and if we didn't have a 33 hour drive ahead of us we would of stuck around.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Joliet national I qualified with a 6.05.

that was 1/8 mile correct?

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Any old joe can go 6.10 in a oil derrick these days. No reason to get too excited about .10.

Do that at 2650 on buggy springs and maybe you're doing something worth talking about.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of COPO Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Yeager:
Here's my latest take.

Leave it at 6.0
If a car goes 5.999 at any time and its not TAD certified and the driver is not wearing the proper safety equipment, the run is DQ'd.

This wont cost anyone anything.

Maybe I'm being to simple here...

Why have the 6.0 cap then?

If guys start going with TAD certs the people will quickly want to start going deep into the 5's. Not that that would be bad, but how many people would that run off from the class? (Maybe none.)

Posts: 15 | Location: Denver Colorado | Registered: June 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by COPO Rat:
quote:
Here's my latest take.

Leave it at 6.0
If a car goes 5.999 at any time and its not TAD certified and the driver is not wearing the proper safety equipment, the run is DQ'd.

If guys start going with TAD certs the people will quickly want to start going deep into the 5's. Not that that would be bad, but how many people would that run off from the class? (Maybe none.)

That's a good question...

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Galofaro:
Come race PDRA - I guarantee you will never go back ( well maybe for a few local races running NHRA)

Agree, I love(d) racing PDRA. Unfortunately they have decided to hide East of the Mississippi river and we can no longer support them. Give me some other option to race my car that's not a 16 hour drive and I'll be there with bells on.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by COPO Rat:
quote:
Here's my latest take.

Leave it at 6.0

Probably none but there would be quite a few get tossed on the sub 6 infraction. Not sure what the cost would be for TAD spec car or the additional driver suit spec. I am sure NHRA does not want to re write the spec or run off racers.... Lots of cars want that by run for #1 if its there...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4499 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
You have some serious $$$ involved when your in the TAD Category.All your shields /clutch belts/chassis/wing struts/Fuel line pressure certs/fire suppression system/rims/suite/helmet just to name a few.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
These all sound like first world problems to a slow guy!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post